Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Richard Thompson album  (Read 710 times)

BlueMeanie

New Richard Thompson album
« on: March 30, 2007, 12:33:01 PM »

For those interested there's a new RT album out at the end of May called Sweet Warrior.

Article about 'Dad's Gonna Kill Me'
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/13/AR2007031300762.html

'Take Care the Road You Choose'
http://www.richardthompson-music.com/album.asp?id=92

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
Re: New Richard Thompson album
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 07:51:23 PM »

Got most of his albums, but I'm still a fan of the early Richard and Linda stuff most.  Fairport too.  I've listened to "You, Me Us" but nothing really hit me.  The last great song for me has been "Beeswing" and "Vincent Black Lightning" (Del McCoury Band does an interesting bluegrass version of the latter).

I'll be interested in how the new album does.

BlueMeanie

Re: New Richard Thompson album
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 07:28:09 AM »

Quote from: 9
Got most of his albums, but I'm still a fan of the early Richard and Linda stuff most.  Fairport too.  I've listened to "You, Me Us" but nothing really hit me.  The last great song for me has been "Beeswing" and "Vincent Black Lightning" (Del McCoury Band does an interesting bluegrass version of the latter).

'Put It There Pal' didn't hit you? Or maybe I'm too used to the live version. Other favourite song on that album: Woods of Darney.

I pretty much like all the phases of his career, but I think that right now he's doing his best work.

And pretty difficult not to like the creator of the poorest selling album in Warner Bros. history: Henry The Human Fly.

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 37 queries.