Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Paul's reaction to John's death?  (Read 8253 times)

Paul's reaction to John's death?
« on: April 19, 2005, 08:12:03 PM »

Can someone give a explanation of what it was? I keep hearing people saying how outraged they were by it. Thanks.

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
Re: Paul's reaction to John's death?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 08:15:19 PM »

I've seen it, and I don't know why people said it seems like he didn't care. I mean it's so obvious that he was holding back his tears.  What were people expecting?  Did they want to see him weep like a baby so they know that he cared about John?  People say that Paul is insensative, but I say that the people who say that are insensative by saying that Paul didn't care.

Fried_Chicken

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 09:28:57 PM »

I bet Paul cried

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 09:51:31 PM »

He said "It's a drag". My call on this is that Paul was probably shattered, and feeling very empty, about John's death. So why would he talk to the media when he was in that state? That's the mistake, imo.

People these days feel obliged to say something to the media. You see it all the time on TV - people in shock, in grief, deeply emotional, talking into a microphone for the evening news. Tell these leeches to go away.

joan was quizzical

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2005, 10:33:40 PM »

Basically, Paul walks out of a recording studio or something, and a bunch of people run up to him harassing him, and he just looks at them, completely blank faced and gives one word answers until he says "It's a drag, isn't it?" The reporters just kinda stare at him waiting for more and then he gives this fed up look and says "right, cheers then" and walks away.

It's obvious that he was in no mood to talk. What right do these people think they have running up to someone who's just been through that and asking them all kinds of questions about "how they're feeling"?? Paul's better than that phony crap. I would have punched someone.

~ missy

Mushmouth

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2005, 10:53:29 PM »

Yeah he just walks out and said he spent the day just listening to older stuff, it was obvious that the reporters were being jerks and Paul was hurting.
I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves, and I hope we pass the audition.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 12:58:05 AM »

Does anyone know what the reporters were asking? I have the video, but I can't make out what the reporters are saying.

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 01:07:15 AM »

on some level he's was probably contemplating what it was going to be like having to deal directly with Yoko from then on--a definite "drag"

but I've always thought that Paul was pretty big-hearted.  He really loved John.  He's said it millions of times.  John seems like the type who couldn't admit that he loved Paul.

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
  • once there was a way to get back home...
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 01:22:06 AM »

i have the video on my computer, and i agree with wordno. everyone deals with grief in different ways, and paul dealt with his in his own. he had no other words to say, and perhaps he's not as outward about his sadness.
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

[img]http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8264/jsj21oc.jpg[/img

Lostio

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 01:35:08 AM »

Paul insensitive? The creator of some of the internationally most played ballads, including Yesterday and Let It Be, is insensitive?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.....

I couldn't imagine how someone who managed to share a great relationship, strong enough to compose together over 100 magnificent songs, wouldn't be totally shattered by finding out his life-long mate and almost a part of him has died. Gone. Out of this world.

How can you talk to the world in a time like that? I remember, when my grandma died, I was 10 and I practically locked myself all day in my room with a bunch of old pictures of me and her.

I got over it.

And so did Paul, about John. What's insensitive in that? He was shattered when he found out, and will probably keep feeling so hurt about John's death today, if someone reminds him of it.

Paul's a great guy and I think he reacted the way he should to John's death.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 04:42:56 AM »

I like the story of how Linda and he went and saw Yoko shortly after the 'Its a drag' comment and amongst all the crying, they decided to order up the caviar, but when it was delivered, all but some on the bottom of the can was gone. The hired help had eaten it. They then ordered some wine and all but 1/4 of a bottle was gone. Yoko, Paul, and Linda were all laughing their asses off about it because they really didnt want it anyways and it was a break from all the crying.

Cool little tale!

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 05:27:30 AM »

He was in shock. His brother just got shot to death. I wish someone would have had the wherewithal to have sheltered him from all that until he was coherent enough to make a formal statement. If he was at the studio, they should have shoved him into a car and driven past those vultures.

Fab4

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2005, 02:43:45 PM »

I haven't a doubt in my mind that when Paul heard the news he was completely devastated. He was probably so shocked that he could not even think straight. Then someone sticks a microphone in his face. Good luck with that if it ever happens to you.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2005, 03:51:08 PM »

How is he supposed to respond? His best friend in the world and songwriting partner had just been brutally murdered. I don't see how anyone could expect him to behave civilly to those reporters who were harassing him. Obviously he was very deeply saddened by the news. His response was just a reaction to a bunch of jerks who expected him to deliver some tearful monolouge (sp?).
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2005, 05:38:00 PM »

i couldnt imagine being in pauls place during that time

Paul McCartney :)

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 07:10:07 PM »

Quote from: sexy_sadie
i have the video on my computer, and i agree with wordno. everyone deals with grief in different ways, and paul dealt with his in his own. he had no other words to say, and perhaps he's not as outward about his sadness.

could you send me the video in an email?

buffgordon@hotmail.com

Thanks if you do.

jeanie

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2005, 12:38:44 AM »

I just saw it recently on the Celebration DVD I just bought and it seems to me like Paul is trying not to show the grief kind of like John looked when he was interviewed about Brian's death right after the Beatles found out.
If Paul didn't care I don't think he would have written Here Today.

frightenedandscared

• A Beginning
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2005, 01:07:33 AM »

Is there a link to this video somewhere?

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2005, 08:58:47 PM »

I once had two teachers in school that both lost a son within a month. One of them stayed at home for a year, the other one returned to work the day after the funeral. Everyone just has his own way of dealing with tragic events. The way someone reacts doesn't always say much about what's going on in his head.

You can't seriously think that Paul didn't really care about the death of someone he was extremely close with for decades? That just doesn't make sense.

JimColyer

• A Beginning
  • I wrote Save The Planet.
    • Jim Colyer
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2005, 12:24:35 AM »

I do not think Paul gave a hoot about John by 1980.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.332 seconds with 81 queries.