Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Paul's reaction to John's death?  (Read 8254 times)

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
Re: Paul's reaction to John's death?
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2005, 01:30:39 AM »

You obviously didn't watch the video, or your just a machine who doesn't understand emotions.  How can you say that?....fool.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Mendips

• Getting Better
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2005, 06:51:56 PM »

I remember Paul on tv after the murder and reporters rushing up to him and shoving microphones in his face.
He was definitely in shock, and he has since explained that he was upset and didn't realize what he said.
He regretted the words he used.

He loved John.
John: You're just a lonely old man from Liverpool.
Grandfather: But I'm clean!
John: Are ya?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2005, 08:31:11 PM »

I remember seeing it too, and I remember being disgusted with him. But I was only a kid, so what did I know. It's obvious to me now that the guy was so shocked that he didn't know what to say or how to handle it. I think it's odd to say he didn't give a sh*t about John at that point seeing as how he kept showing up at his doorstep for years and they were talking on the phone. They may have had their problems, but I think after all those years of friendship or even knowing a person since you were 15, you'd have some emotion concerning the fact that they were brutally murdered. Unless Paul's an automaton or something.

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2005, 11:59:03 PM »

That's so preposterous, either the guy is just going for a reaction or is a complete imbecile. Either way its stupid.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2005, 01:31:39 PM »

Quote from: Jim_Colyer
I do not think Paul gave a hoot about John by 1980.

And thats our comedy break from Jim Colyer. You can catch Jim every weekend at the holiday inn from 9pm to midnight.

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2005, 05:28:16 PM »

I'll be sure to catch his show, sounds like fun. :P

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2005, 06:42:30 PM »

Quote from: tkitna

And thats our comedy break from Jim Colyer. You can catch Jim every weekend at the holiday inn from 9pm to midnight.

haha, great post.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

norwegianwoody

• A Beginning
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2005, 02:18:59 AM »

He was shocked.  I was shocked.  The whole world was shocked!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2006, 12:34:42 AM »

One of my students gave me what I thought would be a crappy dvd of some second hand experience of the Beatles, but it had some cool stuff on it. Including the entire interview where Paul puts his foot in his mouth. "Drag isn't it? Okay, cheers." Watching it, I can see why people got upset with him. Including myself. But the more you look at it, the more you can see how shocked he looks. What a weird reaction though. I mean, he never seems to show much emotion. Ever.

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2006, 12:43:25 AM »

Both John and Paul suffered losses of their mothers--and each seems to reacted in a different way.  John through anger.  Paul through denial (?)

After those initial losses, something seemed to break down in each one of them and they became codependent upon one another for what they had lost: John needed Paul's denial and Paul need John's anger.  

Why else make that stupid songwriting pact to split everything 50/50--like twin brothers of missing mothers?  

Oddly, Paul had a real father and John has a surrogate mother.  

I think initially Paul's feelings were blocked after learning of John's murder (as he had learned to block painful feelings many years before).  Typically, he allowed his true feelings to be revealed a year or so later with "Here Today"--a work of art whose construction he could control and, in performance, its emotion.  

thefadedline

• A Beginning
  • I'm an idler's dream
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2006, 11:39:29 PM »

Okay, if anybody seriously thinks that he didn't care then the level of ignorance and stupidity is almost unbelievable and impossible. There has never been a band half as strong as what they shared!!!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2006, 12:31:35 PM »

It could all be down to Paul being a stoner. It's pretty hard to get emotionally motivated in that state.
don't follow leaders

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2008, 03:39:58 AM »

Paul reacted just like any Englishman would.  Without emotion.  Certainly he was devastated, but he couldn't show it outwardly.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2008, 08:40:46 AM »

Quote from: 1333
Paul reacted just like any Englishman would.  Without emotion.  Certainly he was devastated, but he couldn't show it outwardly.

Sorry, but with respect, what rubbish! "reacted just like any Englishman would" How does an Englishman react? Is there a certain way? Most of us are fairly lost for words when someone close to us dies. Except that we're not famous and we don't have a microphone rammed into our face at inapropriate times. He was just caught off guard, and didn't know what he was saying.

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2008, 11:09:09 PM »

Not rubbish.  In response to "How would an Englishman react?," see Paul's response.  Not to generalize, but the English are known to be more reserved with their outward emotions.  I don't think Paul's response was necessarily inappropriate, but I also don't think it was an inappropriate time for the press to question him about it.  He knew they would, right?  If he was setting foot in public, he surely knew the question would be asked sooner rather than later.

(And the notion that it was because Paul was a 'stoner,' in the previous post -- now THAT'S rubbish.)

Of course, if he was Italian....

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2008, 11:56:04 PM »

Hey now, watch what you say about Italians!!  :P  (Yes I know us Italians have a reputation for being very emotional people!)

I remember when my father passed away, and this is really sad but one of the first things that popped into my head was "OMG I am going to miss my concert in a few days!"  And I was so mad at myself for thinking that because, hello my father just died.  I didn't even really give a darn about the concert.

My point is, that when someone close to you dies, sometimes your mind is just trying to make sense of it all and it makes no sense at all.  So you might say or think odd things.  Its just a very surreal feeling.  Not only that but one minute your crying your eyes out the next your remembering wonderful moments you had with that person.  

John not only just passing but being murdered was probably one of the hardest thing that Paul had ever had to go through, and he was just dealing with it the best he knew how.  I am positive that he was just so overwhelmed with every kind of emotion.  
<br />

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2008, 03:33:47 AM »

What a sad story, Heatherboo. You might have got quite close to what was actually going on with Paul. To me, it looks like he has this mask-- this nonreacting mask on. I'll be he was deep in shock and denial.
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2008, 09:08:29 AM »

Quote from: 1333
Not to generalize, but the English are known to be more reserved with their outward emotions.

On behalf of British people everywhere, thank you for pigeonholing us.

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2008, 03:01:39 PM »

Now look, if you get a free "eccentric" card, you might as well accept the "reserved" part as well! ;D
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2008, 03:32:30 PM »

Quote from: 551
Now look, if you get a free "eccentric" card, you might as well accept the "reserved" part as well! ;D

;D

"Reserved eccentrics..." There's got to be a sitcom in that: maybe a sort of polar opposite to Absolutely Fabulous?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.627 seconds with 83 queries.