Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Rooftop concert re-enacted!!!  (Read 1181 times)

Rooftop concert re-enacted!!!
« on: January 30, 2008, 02:23:27 PM »

[size=12]Wow!!! I heard a Beatles tribute band was going to re-enact the Beatles 1969 roof top concert in full. I hurtled into Middlesbrough town centre and a large throng with cameras were waiting below the stores in the town centre. 10 minutes later the familiar blast of Get back rang out, much to the bemusement of local shoppers as the sound blasted down from Binns superstore roof! 2 songs in I and a few other Beatles nuts took the chance and entered the store climbing about 20 flights of stairs, past 'Staff only' signs and came upon an open door where we watched the rest of the set. The band were kitted out in identical garb as the Beatles in 1969, and several camera crews were recording it. What a great show!!!!!!!! It was as though you were watching the real thing on a cold blustery overcast day!!![/size]

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
Re: Rooftop concert re-enacted!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 02:46:07 PM »

any video footage of this Steve? sounds minted, would be good to have a wee looksy at it ?

what are they called maybe its on youtube already cheers

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 03:02:58 PM »

Hi, the Band are called the Beatle Maniacs, their were quite a lot of News cameras on the roof but plenty of people shooting with smaller cameras so you may be able to get it on You tube. Im gonna check the local news tonight cos I was interviewd in the street with others. It was really funny hearing the sound from the street especially checking out the bemused shoppers walking around puzzled at what the hell was going on. Even Better on the roof though with the camera crews and store staff(and us who had sneaked up there, ha) watching close up. Awesome stuff!!

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 03:53:19 PM »

Hi Steveo, welcome to DM's. Hope you'll enjoy your stay. One note: please don't use other size or bold for regular posts like these. If does not approve the readability. Thanks.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 03:55:02 PM »

sounds good steveo...I very nearly did that until council legislation stopped me on top of me local theatre. ;D
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

BlueMeanie

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 04:34:16 PM »

Hi Stevo, welcome. Good story. Remember to post some links if you see it on YouTube.

Page created in 0.456 seconds with 42 queries.