Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A way to reunite the Beatles  (Read 720 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: A way to reunite the Beatles
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2024, 06:33:05 AM »

I can't locate the source or reference because I don't remember where I read it (whether online or in a book).

I recall some quote like that by John but don’t know from where.

This happens to me a lot, too. And I've noted some publishers not including an index for books that could really use them. Probably a cost-cutting measure.

Frankly I can’t see that  something like that happening til all the original people are no longer with us. I’d see it as not so much a technological hurdle as a psychological one. I think that would require a lot of distance from the Beatles era and the acceptance more generally of AI enhanced music.

I agree. At present, I imagine a lot of pushback if such a project were to come to fruition.

What I mean is I can't remember how to simply type Black Album and Twelfth Album and all you have to do is click on them to get to the web pages.

Loco Mo, all you have to do after inserting the URL is hit a hard return. That always does it for me, anyway.  :)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2024, 04:12:27 PM »

Thanks, Normandie.  I still can't get the hyperlink to simply show as either "The Black Album" or "The Twelfth Album."  I know I've done it successfully in the past, but I can't get it right presently.  I'll keep working on it.  I can successfully do it in a Word document but not here in the Forum.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2024, 04:42:21 PM »

I am changing my mind about this topic.  After researching the Twelfth album and the Black Album I can see that people have already attempted to re-unite the Beatles by way of combining their solo songs into imaginary albums.

As of now, I don't think this is a valid concept anymore.  The combined solo stuff doesn't cut it for me.  These do not sound like Beatles albums.  I think that no matter how much you play around with it, it's not going to work.  They needed to be together as a group in order to be The Beatles.  So, I think John was wrong about his idea of having other Beatles albums by simply combining their solo songs.

As I type this post, I am listening to "The Twelfth Album" on YouTube.  Note that it contains 12 songs and that it was named "God" by the Beatles (according to fictional account).  Yes, somebody took the time out to assemble this imaginary album.  Also, these songs don't seem to follow each other or connect with each other in terms of theme and mood.   Here's what's on that album in numerical order:

SIDE 1:
1) Gimmee some truth (John) 3:19
2) It don't come easy (Ringo) 3:05
3) Every night (Paul) 2:31 Not included on the YouTube album
4) All things must pass (George) 3:47
5) Child of nature (John) 4:18
6) The back seat of my car (Paul) 4:31

SIDE 2:
1) Instant karma (John) 3:23
2) Isn't it a pity (George) 7:11  I don't think the Beatles would have allowed Pity to be so long
3) Junk (Paul) 1:56
4) Wah-wah (George) 5:38
5) God (John) 4:13
6) Maybe I'm amazed (Paul) 3:53
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2024, 05:32:42 PM »

Thanks, Normandie.  I still can't get the hyperlink to simply show as either "The Black Album" or "The Twelfth Album."  I know I've done it successfully in the past, but I can't get it right presently.  I'll keep working on it.  I can successfully do it in a Word document but not here in the Forum.

Oh, I misunderstood. I, too, know how to do this in Word, but don't know how to do it on this site.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 3.12 seconds with 40 queries.