Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: UAE port controversy  (Read 597 times)

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
UAE port controversy
« on: February 20, 2006, 12:22:02 AM »

the latest problem facing this nation appearently is that (hold your hats folks...) and arab company bought a british company that owns 5 american ports. the problem: their arab. the

welcome to the land of bigotry, where you can do anything, as long as you're white. had it been a company from a european country, this wouldnt happen. our country that was founded by the logic of "all men are created equal." obviously we have followed this line well ::) so lets all blame the arabs for the continuation of terrorism because they are trying to make some money. the only thing 9/11 did was give us a new reason to single out a group of people.

I'm proud to be an american, where at least I know I'm free. f*ck the other people in the world. :(
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Bobber

Re: UAE port controversy
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 08:57:22 AM »

Be nice to America, or we'll bring democracy to your country [a signature on pc's forum]

A bit short-sighted here, somedude. I am one of the other people in the world that's not American.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 04:27:57 PM »

i'm american, and i find that these people that suddenly care because its an arab company are full of crapola. in a wonderful land of hypocrites. if only people would understand that. history repeats itself because we refuse to learn or understand it.

i mean come on, the ports were owned by a british company for the past 8 years...and now you get upset? what happened to the land of the free? where a person could come here and not be judged because this is where "all men are created equal"...wheres the equality now? so before someone says "I'm proud to be an american because I'm free." ask yourself, why are you free? are you white? if you were black would you be the same? asian? arab? jewish? muslim?
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 04:30:40 PM »

blaming this company for harboring terrorists because their home government is suspected of selling nuclear parts to NK, Libya, and Iran...using that logic you should be upset about microsoft is outsorcing work to india because its country invaded a country unprovoked.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 04:58:34 PM »

Don't know much about this, but India has never posed a threat to US interests in the way those others have, so I can understand why they might come in for some special attention.
don't follow leaders

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 07:34:32 PM »

no its not india thats getting the ports, its the United Arab Emirites, i was making a point cause Microsoft was outsourcing all its workers to india (soon china) because they have cheap labor and its of really good quality. but if people are getting upset about owning american ports from a company thats from a country whose government that supposidly sold nuclear parts to NK, Iran and Libya, then why should we be complaining because we invaded a country nearby to them. and theres no suspicion of invasion, we know we invaded unprovoked.

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 47 queries.