Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Swine Flu  (Read 615 times)

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
Swine Flu
« on: June 05, 2009, 11:43:39 PM »

The Swine Flu has hit my town Paisley bad and it is quite scary, 4 people are in hospital and are in a critical state, which is the first case so far in the uk of it being critical, schools have been shut and more and more people everyday are being taken to hospital with it.

I am about a mile away from the Hospital :S and it people of all ages have contracted it from a baby to 60yr old man.

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

legthi

• Getting Better
Re: Swine Flu
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 11:48:20 PM »

Holy crap, lock yourself in the house!

It doesn't seem to have hit my area yet (Essex), so the fear doesn't seem as real as it could be... perhaps this thing will blow over? or it could get worse! Who knows.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 12:32:44 AM »

its just everyday im hearing about 4 or 5 people contracting it, means they've maybe  been in contact with folk. that have been in contact with people, ive been in contact with.

Scary Stuff town is pretty dead aswell don't know if it has anythign to do with it or not, looks like the opening scene from 28 days later

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 03:00:58 AM »

A CRITICALLY-ill swine flu victim has given birth prematurely - and now her baby is also battling for life.

The 38-year-old mum had the tot almost THREE MONTHS early after she was rushed to the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley, Renfrewshire, with the deadly bug.

And her baby - born at 29 weeks - is now in a serious condition at Glasgow's Yorkhill Hospital.

Last night, a source said: "This is tragic. Everyone is praying that both of them pull through.

"Hospital staff didn't realise she was pregnant when she was admitted. Now everyone is just hoping that they both manage to survive."

But it is believed tests have revealed the newborn does NOT have the infection.

Last night, a spokesman for the Royal Alexandra Hospital said: "A baby was delivered on Monday evening at 29 weeks gestation.

"Appropriate senior staff were present. The baby has been looked after in intensive care, as expected for a baby of this gestation.

"The baby is clinically stable and receiving appropriate medical and nursing care."

An insider said both infant and mother were still in a "serious condition" yesterday.

The source added: "They are in a pretty bad way but everyone is keeping their fingers crossed."
Victim

The mum, from Glasgow, had originally been in the city's Southern General Hospital.

It was later revealed a 26-year-old nurse who'd helped treat her at the Southern has also been hit by swine flu.

Advertisement
Click here

The mum is one of three people in intensive care at the Royal Alexandra - including a man of 45 and a 23-year-old woman, both of Paisley.

The male patient is thought to be the first UK victim to have become critically ill without suffering underlying health problems.

And two doctors from the Royal Alexandra - aged 26 and 27 - have been sent home after testing positive.

It's believed the medics caught the bug while treating infected patients.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 12:20:45 AM »

We have had quite a few cases over the past few months here in California too.  People die all the time from the regular flu so even that is scary, but this is scary because it seems to be a much stronger strain.  
<br />

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 07:48:17 AM »

I for got to update this part, the woman i mentioned before who gave birth died and then a week later the baby died too, suc ha sad story there have been another two cases of deaths aswell and a few critical.

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 45 queries.