Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The ego on stage  (Read 1203 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
The ego on stage
« on: September 09, 2021, 09:25:40 PM »

Sometimes I wonder what it must feel like if you are a musician and when you walk on stage, the crowd erupts into cheers, screams and applause.

What would that feel like?  And could you confidently feel that you were deserving of such unbridled adoration?

I think of myself and it seems like it would be ridiculous.  I mean, me a simple human being, not a super human or particularly gifted or talented.  Just maybe an average or ordinary person.  Yet the crowds feels otherwise.  They see you as a human God and thusly they applaud you wildly as you strum a few guitar notes which they immediately recognize from one of your songs.

No, I'll never be on stage.  I will simply continue to be an anonymous man walking down a street, driving a car, or looking for a public restroom somewhere (usually in a hurry, too).

To any of you who have experienced the glory of being on Stage, I applaud and revere you!  May you continue upon your path of prominence and glory!
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: The ego on stage
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 09:58:41 PM »

Sometimes I wonder what it must feel like if you are a musician and when you walk on stage, the crowd erupts into cheers, screams and applause.

What would that feel like?  And could you confidently feel that you were deserving of such unbridled adoration?

I think of myself and it seems like it would be ridiculous.  I mean, me a simple human being, not a super human or particularly gifted or talented.  Just maybe an average or ordinary person.  Yet the crowds feels otherwise.  They see you as a human God and thusly they applaud you wildly as you strum a few guitar notes which they immediately recognize from one of your songs.

No, I'll never be on stage.  I will simply continue to be an anonymous man walking down a street, driving a car, or looking for a public restroom somewhere (usually in a hurry, too).

To any of you who have experienced the glory of being on Stage, I applaud and revere you!  May you continue upon your path of prominence and glory!

Any band I was in never entered to applause or screams.  At best we got slightly hostile curiosity. Ie “you better be good.”

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
Re: The ego on stage
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 10:17:40 PM »

Some dont like it.
John Lennon obviously didnt, his live performances were rare and sparodic.

I really like the band Sade. The lead singer Sade Adu only will make an album every 10 or so years then a big tour. She gets the adoration when she walks on stage, but if you only do it every 10 or so years it means your not ego driven.
Their last album Soldier Of Love was 2011, so maybe one is due  ha2ha

I believe she lives on a farm in England, preferring the simple life to mega star adoration.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Page created in 0.321 seconds with 38 queries.