Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 1073 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
Hello everyone!
« on: September 21, 2020, 01:35:26 PM »

I've been MIA on the forum for a long time.  Just wanting to say "I'm back" and hope to start posting again.  I've had a rough year which included a trip to the ER.  I'm recuperating and have a ways to go before I get better.  As I've said in previous posts, I suffer from chronic depression, too.  But that's been a long term problem - nothing new at all.  For a while I thought "what else is there to say about the Beatles?" but just when I think that, I start to have more thoughts about them and I continue to listen to their music especially the recent remixes which I am quite enthralled by.  I love you guys and always enjoy your thoughtful and respectful posts.  So, in the meantime, I'm thinking about posting something (maybe thought-provoking) - we'll see.  Feels good to be back here.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 01:38:20 PM by Loco Mo »
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

KelMar

Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 01:53:15 PM »

Welcome back, Loco Mo! It’s good to see you. Best wishes on your continued recovery.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 06:34:55 PM »

Thank you, In My Life!  I appreciate the welcome-back.  Hopefully, I've still got something to say on this forum and haven't run out of ideas yet.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 10:42:22 PM »

It's good to see you again, LocoMo! I'm happy to hear you are on the mend.

I noticed you had a birthday a short time ago. I was going to start a "Happy Birthday" thread for you, but it had been such a long time since you posted that I assumed you were no longer around. So -- happy birthday, a bit late! I hope it was a good one.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 11:16:02 PM »

Thank you, Normandie.  I didn't enjoy my birthday this year but I am hoping to celebrate it sometime later this year when I feel much better.  2020 is a year I will always remember.   It's been a tough one.  :)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 01:15:58 AM »

Welcome back, Loco!  We missed your posts.

This Forum will cheer you up in no time!
I can stay till it's time to go

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 02:45:28 AM »

Welcome back Loco.  Get better my friend.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 06:41:31 AM »

For a while I thought "what else is there to say about the Beatles?" but just when I think that, I start to have more thoughts about them and I continue to listen to their music especially the recent remixes which I am quite enthralled by.

I sometimes think that and then find myself saying stuff anyway.

Good to see you’re back Loco. Hope you’re recuperating well. I think a bit of Beatle chat can be medicine in itself.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 05:46:48 PM »

Hello Goodbye:  Thanks.  It feels good to be back and posting again.  Yep, Beatles stuff certainly cheers me up!

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2020, 05:48:53 PM »

tkitna:  Thanks.  I missed my fellow drummer (you active and me inactive).  I still drum in my head though.  Sometimes I wish I could record the drum solos I imagine within.  Even if I had a set again, I don't think I'd be able to play them.  I'd need a lot of practice and who knows if I could eventually?  I remember once Jimi Hendrix said he couldn't play all the stuff he heard in his head.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2020, 05:52:18 PM »

Moog:  Thanks!  I sometimes wonder if there's anything that hasn't been said about the Beatles.  This might or might not be original:  I have thought that when the Beatles performed together that they become one being.  They weren't individuals anymore; they were this one entity.  Kind of like the Roman Catholic Church's concept of the Holy Trinity - One God but 3 persons within.  And my spin:  The Beatles one band with 4 persons somehow all being one at the same time.  Does that make any sense?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 10:30:22 PM by Loco Mo »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2020, 07:20:21 PM »

tkitna:  Thanks.  I missed my fellow drummer (you active and me inactive).  I still drum in my head though.  Sometimes I wish I could record the drum solos I imagine within.  Even if I had a set again, I don't think I'd be able to play them.  I'd need a lot of practice and who knows if I could eventually?  I remember once Jimi Hendrix said he couldn't play all the stuff he heard in his head.

I havent picked up a stick in three years.  Better put me on the inactive list too.  Lol.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2020, 09:12:02 PM »

Moog:  Thanks!  I sometimes wonder if there's anything that hasn't been said about the Beatles.  This might or might not be original:  I have thought that when the Beatles performed together that they become one being.  They weren't individuals anymore; they were this one entity.  Kind of like the Roman Catholic Church's concept of the Holy Trinity - One God but 3 persons within.  And my spin:  The Beatles one band with 4 persons someone all being one at the same time.  Does that make any sense?

The four headed monster as, I think, Mick Jagger dubbed them. And Eric Clapton in the Scorsese George Harrison doco said they seemed to move as a unit. I wonder if it was not only an unusual musical bond which George Martin alludes to but also a protective mechanism to keep out outsiders once they hit that incredible level of fame and attention.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2020, 11:13:28 PM »

Hello Goodbye:  Thanks.  It feels good to be back and posting again.  Yep, Beatles stuff certainly cheers me up!

You’ve already increased activity on the board by about 200 per cent in the last couple of days. So it’s very good to see you back.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2020, 11:40:06 PM »

tkitna:  I'm sorry to hear you've joined the inactive list.  Once people do that, they tend to stay there.  As I've said before, a drum set takes up space and a drum set also makes a lot of noise.  So, I live in a small apartment and I have neighbors (no space and neighbors to easily disturb).  Even if I did play again, what would I play along to?  I would have to be able to play to late fifties and early sixties music in order to be happy as a drummer.  I'd love to play along to Steely Dan but you have to be really skilled to pull off some of those beats.  Think Steve Gadd!  Now, I could never play like him no matter how much I practiced.  I'd have to take lessons or re-educate myself.  And the truth is, I am considered to be "an elderly man" by most people I meet.  Being a drummer again is a fantasy; it's like wanting to be young again and also to go back into a time machine that takes me to the few decades when I was young!

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2020, 11:42:23 PM »

Thanks, moog.  Well, I think I've actually posted a lot since my recent return.  So, I seem to think I've run out of ideas but my posts seem to belie that notion.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2020, 01:37:36 AM »

Kind of like the Roman Catholic Church's concept of the Holy Trinity - One God but 3 persons within.  And my spin:  The Beatles one band with 4 persons somehow all being one at the same time.  Does that make any sense?

Yes! Great analogy.

Page created in 0.567 seconds with 71 queries.