Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: A Sincere Merry Christmas  (Read 14327 times)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: A Sincere Merry Christmas
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2021, 03:52:45 PM »

Was this the day at Apple when the Hells Angels were there and started a ruckus and John got tea thrown on his Santa beard?

I believe it was.  :)

Merry Christmas to everyone here. Hope you all have a great one!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2021, 06:51:14 PM »

My daughters, both of whom are coming home with their boyfriends for the holidays, changed their plans again—this is about the fourth time—and I had to run out to the store yet another time and deal with the crowds. (I'm a curmudgeon; I detest crowds, yes, even at Christmas.) I've been running around so much this week that when I got home earlier I realized I'd forgotten to get anything for Christmas Eve dinner, when my younger daughter will be here by herself, to eat and watch Christmas movies. I was NOT about to go back out, so since she had to run out to (ugh) Walmart anyway she picked up some frozen burritos and fixings. So, we'll be having a decidely UNsophisticated Christmas Eve dinner. But being together is, of course, most important. I just have to laugh at the whole situation. And I have a heck of a spread to put out for Christmas Day breakfast and lunch.  :)

Cheers to you all.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2021, 08:59:09 PM »

Let's not forget Halloween...

...Yoko was not in costume.
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2021, 09:03:14 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ-YDHgbm94" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ-YDHgbm94</a>

Wishing everyone here a Wonderful Christmastime!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2021, 09:13:06 PM »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlAyxaL_eQk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlAyxaL_eQk</a>

Feliz navidad...Prospero año y felicidad raxo, mi amigo!

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2021, 10:12:07 PM »

My daughters, both of whom are coming home with their boyfriends for the holidays, changed their plans again—this is about the fourth time—and I had to run out to the store yet another time and deal with the crowds. (I'm a curmudgeon; I detest crowds, yes, even at Christmas.) I've been running around so much this week that when I got home earlier I realized I'd forgotten to get anything for Christmas Eve dinner, when my younger daughter will be here by herself, to eat and watch Christmas movies. I was NOT about to go back out, so since she had to run out to (ugh) Walmart anyway she picked up some frozen burritos and fixings. So, we'll be having a decidely UNsophisticated Christmas Eve dinner. But being together is, of course, most important. I just have to laugh at the whole situation. And I have a heck of a spread to put out for Christmas Day breakfast and lunch.  :)

Cheers to you all.

I bloody hate this time of year. Loved it when I was a kid and when my kids were little. People get so stressed out and anxious with it all and go bloody mad. Yesterday we went to the shops and saw people with enormous amounts of food, huge trolley loads. I would'nt mind but they're only closed for 1 day.
I shudder to think of all the additional packaging and junk (mainly from cheap Chinese made presents) thats going to end up in landfill. This truly is silly season.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2021, 10:43:54 PM »

I bloody hate this time of year. Loved it when I was a kid and when my kids were little. People get so stressed out and anxious with it all and go bloody mad. Yesterday we went to the shops and saw people with enormous amounts of food, huge trolley loads. I would'nt mind but they're only closed for 1 day.
I shudder to think of all the additional packaging and junk (mainly from cheap Chinese made presents) thats going to end up in landfill. This truly is silly season.

I agree; some people get out of control. I did a bit myself this year. I'm savoring each holiday now because I know that soon my girls will be not as willing to travel all over to see their parents and soon-to-be (I hope) in-laws. My older daughter and her boyfriend in particular are chasing all over the state in an attempt to be fair. I'm sure they'll get to the point that a lot of couples do, when they put their foot down and choose one family to visit, in an effort to maintain their sanity. (I know we faced this battle each year back East: Delaware or New York?) :(  So I went a bit out of my way this year to decorate, in particular, because when I mentioned cutting back on that they seemed upset.

I was thinking of you today, nimrod, because I spent a good part of the day trying to track down an author in Melbourne, even though I know it's Christmas Eve there already. You and your wife are in Melbourne, correct? I spent a decent chunk of time emailing back and forth with production staff and her university colleagues.

Oh, and agreed, Christmas is so much fun with little kids! When I have grandchildren I am going to delight in spoiling them rotten in all sorts of ways.  :) I've already jokingly warned my kids.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 10:52:36 PM by Normandie »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2021, 11:00:41 PM »

...Yoko was not in costume.

ha2ha  That's a great shot of John, though!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2021, 12:42:16 AM »

Yes, all that.  And to make matters worse, Kev, it's summer down there for you right now, it's hot, there's no snow, and you've got roos instead of reindeer.  And to top it all off, you're upside down.  It can't get any worse than that!

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2021, 01:02:54 AM »

Yes, all that.  And to make matters worse, Kev, it's summer down there for you right now, it's hot, there's no snow, and you've got roos instead of reindeer.  And to top it all off, you're upside down.  It can't get any worse than that!

I dont mind the weather, I grew up in a sort of grey, sometimes rain, sometimes snow, damp, foggy, cold 32F, miserable climate. I love blue skies, ocean breezes here on level 43.
My building is 55 floors and it doesnt feel upside down.  ???
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2021, 02:09:42 AM »

I dont mind the weather, I grew up in a sort of grey, sometimes rain, sometimes snow, damp, foggy, cold 32F, miserable climate. I love blue skies, ocean breezes here on level 43.
My building is 55 floors and it doesnt feel upside down.  ???

Warm weather for Christmas is great. I've got prawns, white fish, beer and chilled white wine all ready to go.

Dont have the ocean here unfortunately. But maybe head there in January.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2021, 12:19:39 PM »

the stress of the season is real, especially in year 2 of Covid, people are out of their minds at the grocery stores.

Our Christmas every year - we deal with a little conflict that our oldest was born on 12/24 at 11:59:50 pm and has demanded/urged us to not celebrate anything Christmassy on the 24th.  So true to that, but with a slight modification this year, she got MARRIED last Friday to add her wedding anniversary to the "not Christmas until the 25th" mode.

It was sort of an elopement, just 9 of us present for the ceremony including my daughter's new father in law, who got ordained to perform the ceremony.  She is having a destination party affair next June with a slightly larger crowd.

All 5 kids (and one son in law now) are all local so we will have everyone home this year.  Later today (24th) we are celebrating our oldest daughter's birthday!  Authentic street Mexico tacos and sides.

For Christmas day, a honey baked ham, more traditional although we gave up and ordered it rather than prep and cook everything ourselves.

Merry Christmas to all!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2021, 04:14:06 PM »

It was sort of an elopement, just 9 of us present for the ceremony including my daughter's new father in law, who got ordained to perform the ceremony. 

That's lovely, blmeanie; congratulations on the new family member.  :)

For Christmas day, a honey baked ham, more traditional although we gave up and ordered it rather than prep and cook everything ourselves.

That is exactly what I did last year, for Thanksgiving, only I had to have it shipped because there are no Honey Baked Ham stores here. It was so easy, and  delicious.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: December 25, 2021, 03:36:10 AM »

Yoko hasn't forgotten us at Christmas...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcOxCWOVPpI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcOxCWOVPpI</a>

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2021, 04:22:19 AM »

Last Christmas

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvYx0XEGvKw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvYx0XEGvKw</a>

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2021, 12:40:30 PM »

ha2ha
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2021, 05:56:04 PM »

Last Christmas

I am NOT clicking on that, Barry!  ha2ha

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2021, 11:38:37 PM »

I am NOT clicking on that, Barry!  ha2ha

Well, Kathy, try this one...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70EKaIz7tAk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70EKaIz7tAk</a>

Yoko does her very best Bob Dylan Subterranean Homesick Blues impersonation.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2021, 07:03:55 AM »

:laugh:
Better! 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 07:37:24 AM by Normandie »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2021, 12:09:17 AM »

ha2ha

But you gotta admit, the guitar solo on Last Christmas was brilliant, huh?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Page created in 1.724 seconds with 79 queries.