Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: If they stayed together albums  (Read 1338 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
If they stayed together albums
« on: July 21, 2021, 06:17:27 PM »

If they'd stayed together, then their solo stuff would be considered Beatles songs.  And people would be analyzing them and asking who wrote what or who was responsible for different parts of them.

So, I think this would have been a strange phenomenon that no one would have considered if they had stayed together.  Maybe this gives us a true clue as to what post Abbey Road albums would have sounded like.  It would have been albums consisting of the Beatles otherwise solo stuff.  Some lyrics would have changed, I think.  Consider "Band on the Run."  With no Band on the Run, Paul would have written the tune but with a different title and lyrical content.

Maybe some of George's lyrics would have been changed, too, ex. Wah-Wah.  Or even "I Me Mine."

The most remarkable part that we can't account for would be songs truly composed in collaboration with each other.  Those might have been unique and stand apart in their own right apart from their solo stuff.  In other words, these would have been Beatles songs that have never existed in any form in their solo outputs.  When I ponder this, I wonder about what could have been and never will be.  I think we missed out on some gems.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
Re: If they stayed together albums
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 01:06:38 AM »

Consider "Band on the Run."  With no Band on the Run, Paul would have written the tune but with a different title and lyrical content.

When I ponder this, I wonder about what could have been and never will be.  I think we missed out on some gems.

I have read lots about this thought.  Go on youtube, lots of "albums" put together by chronological order of solo stuff that would have been meshed together as Beatle albums and what would not have made the "cut".

I like to wonder about the amazing solo stuff they each put out and give it the due it deserves.  yes, Paul could have benefitted from a partner in studio that would tell him from time to time he was daft. 

Don't change Band on the Run, that is a gem of a song, in my top 3 of Paul solo songs forever.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 01:14:20 AM »

Still think RAM was as close as we were going to get with a solo effort that sounded like The Beatles.  'All Things Must Pass' is my favorite solo effort, but it kind of fell off the Beatles style with Whitlock and Clapton and those guys.  Ringos first legit pop album was Beatlesque.  John kind of went into a horn heavy, depressing phase. 

Would have been interesting.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 02:04:54 AM »

Well, I think that The White Album was technically a post-Beatles album even though they hadn't broken up yet.

So, try to imagine a second White Album and maybe we can thereby better imagine an actual Beatles album created after April 10, 1970 (when Paul McCartney announced the break-up).
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 10:46:38 AM »

here is one such "virtual" album

https://youtu.be/znzdzBjDQQY

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 11:54:28 AM »

Apparently George was one of the first Beatle fantasy album compilers. Someone reported being in the car with him in the early 70s and he had a tape with alternating solo tracks from him and his ex band mates.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2021, 03:53:17 PM »

Well, I think that The White Album was technically a post-Beatles album even though they hadn't broken up yet.

Agreed. Only a handful of songs on the White Album sound like the Beatles as a group to me. It always struck me as more a compilation of solo efforts.

here is one such "virtual" album

Thanks for sharing that, blmeanie; I had no idea people created these virtual albums. I'll definitely be checking that one out.

Apparently George was one of the first Beatle fantasy album compilers. Someone reported being in the car with him in the early 70s and he had a tape with alternating solo tracks from him and his ex band mates.

Interesting! The more I learn, the more I realize how much more I have to learn.   :)

Page created in 1.024 seconds with 50 queries.