Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gallagher comment on Old Rock Stars  (Read 7022 times)

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
Gallagher comment on Old Rock Stars
« on: March 27, 2005, 12:30:06 AM »

I think this came out long time ago, but I was browsing through the archives when I found this "interview" and I wanted to see what you guys thought or whether you've heard it before because it came out a while ago.

Anyways, this is Liam Gallagher speaking:

"All these old farts, slagging us off - they'll be dead and buried by the time we start getting senile and sh*tting in our pants. And we can remember all their sh*t tunes. 'I've Got My Mind Set On You', 'When We Was Fab'. The quicker they f***ing go, the better for everyone. Anyway, John and Ringo were The Beatles. Isn't It A Pity? It will be when I meet George Harrison. I'm gonna stand on his head and play golf. I'm gonna do me Roy Castle impersonation on his head [that is tap dancing - Andrew. Also my Uncle, except he is dead now; cancer]. So who wants a fight? Any old fart who's allowed out of the rest home wants a fight with me, yeah? After I've had me steak and kidney pie, I'll be ready. Do you want it? Any of you senile bastards want a ruck? I'll meet you in the pub, six o'clock. Yeah, it's unlikely, you never know, they might turn up. Whoof! I'll do the lot of them. That should be the headline: 'I'll do the lot of you.' I had a dream where I drop-kicked him in the throat, George, and smashed McCartney from here to Jupiter and back. He didn't have his suitability on. My name is disturbance. I love the music. I played the game. Thought I wasn't bothered. Then I thought - I do want it. Keith, Mick and any other old bag who decides to get out of bed in the morning to slag us off. Dirty old nipple. Sweaty old mushroom. I wanna meet you in the middle of Primrose Hill. Thursday afternoon, 12 o'clock, on the green. They say they got misquoted. I won't be misquoted. The main thing we're talking about here is this: any dick who wants it, regardless of what time or day or what shoes I've got on. Anyone who wants a rumble will get it because the man is mad for it and that's the end of it. I don't like fighting but you've not been slagged off like me. And there'll be no big chaps around, man. Just me and me dick, man. And I'll hit him with me knob. I've said I wanted to chill, but I've got loads of knobs picking on me anyway, so I might as well say - 'Let's have it!"

I think I might have lost most, if not all, of the little respect I had for this sap. It just ain't the same listening to Oasis and their music knowing he said  this sh*t.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: Gallagher comment on Old Rock Stars
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 01:00:40 AM »

He used to adore all of the beatles. He only says that sort of thing now because they flopped completely in America when they were trying to be the next beatles. It's jealousy,  pure and simple. He's a jealous tosser, and everyone in UK thinks so too.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 01:30:12 AM »

Well he named his kid Lennon, so he can't be that down on the Beatles. The fact that he says John and Ringo were the Beatles cracks me up. That and the whole We're bigger than the Beatles thing. It's obviously a joke. Taking Lennon's line and all. Anyway, Liam's opinion is no big deal as he's the least talented of the two brothers. Here's some stuff Noel has said about the Beatles.

ATN: Did growing up 32 miles from Liverpool, where the Beatles grew up influence you?
Gallagher: The Beatles, to us, were the be-all, end-all. Where it starts and where it finishes. Everything we do is inspired by the Beatles. And our ambition is to go where we want to go as a band. Them and U2, but not U2 musically, just the way they have done things. They started as a working class band and went on to become the biggest band in the world. As did the Beatles. So just the way they have done things and the way they have went about things. I mean Liverpool, we've got the connection, we know a lot of musicians in Liverpool. We recorded some of our first demos in Liverpool. "Supersonic" was recorded in Liverpool so we've got a big connection with the city.

ATN: Were your parents big Beatles fans?
Gallagher: Yeah, of course.

ATN: What about The New Seekers lawsuit? Has anything been resolved yet?
Gallagher: It's still going on.

ATN: I could see where they would sue, but...
Gallagher: No, I can't . I didn't set out to use their song. I hadn't thought about that until the writ landed on the f***ing table. It's actually a rip off of "Flying" by the Beatles, that's what it is. I just put lyrics to "Flying" and I came up with "Shakermaker," and then the New Seekers appear and say they're going to sue us for one hundred percent royalties on the single. And they're actually going to reform now after twenty-five years, because of this.

ATN: You write a tremendous amount. Will Oasis ever do covers?
Gallagher: We do "I Am the Walrus" by the Beatles. It was a B-side in England, and we do it live. In fact we'll end with it tonight. I'd like to do a covers version album. I can sit for hours and hours and hours playing covers on the guitar. I'd like to do a covers album, but not next. It's paying the people who influenced you homage, isn't it?

ATN: Records that really mattered?
Gallagher: All the Beatles records.

ATN: What's your favorite?
Gallagher: If I had to pick one track it would be "Ticket to Ride" or "Paperback Writer." If I had to pick an album, it would be the red one and the blue one. You know the compilations, 1962 to 1967, and 1967 to 1970. Because they've got all the singles on them. That's why they're the best.

ATN: I was interested in knowing why you consider "Helter Skelter" the beginning of the punk movement.
Gallagher: Because it was exactly a year after that, that the Stooges and the MC5 came out. In 1969. "Helter Skelter" was recorded at the back end of 1967, and that was the first. If you listen to "Helter Skelter" and listen to the MC5 and the Stooges, it's that sound. They sound exactly like that record. And song, the way it's played, is the birth of punk rock as we know it.

ATN: Who was your favorite Beatle?
Gallagher: John Lennon. I don't really separate any of them. Because when they all went solo, they were f***in' rubbish anyway. So, John Lennon to a lesser extent, when he first left the Beatles, he was all right. And George was all right for a while. They were the Beatles and as soon as they split, then it meant it was done. The magic was gone.

ATN: The truest words ever said are

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 01:38:13 AM »

we can see whose the more talented and composed one of the brothers.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 02:37:59 AM »

Wow, what a tough guy. He really intimidated people by throwing his chest out to the 60 year olds. Maybe he got tired of getting his @ss kicked by everybody else and figures he could take one of these geriatric types. I'd laugh if Keith Richards kicked his @ss.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 03:17:57 AM »

Ya know, I'd bet anything that Keith Richards would have absolutly no problem kicking Liams ass.

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 04:04:38 AM »

keith could probably kicks his ass sober.

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • "The dude abides."
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 04:53:22 AM »

Liam is obviously a prick, but you still have to like his "Isn't It a Pity" reference.

And "the dirty old nipple, sweaty old mushroom" comment reminds me of Joyce or D.H. Lawrence.

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 06:43:30 AM »

what a loser..Keith would kick his untalented ass

mih ssim mih ssim ,won daed si luap

"LSD is a drug made famous by John Lennon and Paul Mccartney"
 &nb

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 06:07:02 PM »

Who cares... Liam Gallagher was at his peak years ago... If anyone's a has-been, it's him...

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 12:16:07 AM »

Cheap publicity seeking.
He was furious when Paul McCartney made an unsavoury remark about him. I remember he threw Paul's autobiography in an airport or something.

I can't deny that they kept themselves in the news for a long time with his antics... It can only last so long though. I shall look forward to see what offerings they will have on their new album that is released this year. It's make or break time for them as regards to staying together I feel.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 12:33:31 AM »

what was Pauls comment?  I know George called them sh*t or something.

Keith Richards would destroy him in a fight

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 12:42:40 AM »

I'm not sure what Paul said. Does anyone else know? It might have been something referring to Oasis copying Beatles music. Then monkey man threw his toys out of the pram. lol

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2005, 12:53:34 AM »

Oasis Hide Their Love Away

10/13/1997 3:00 AM, LAUNCH
Lyndsey Parker

(10/13/97) - Forget the supposed Oasis-vs.-Blur feud...the real battle is being waged between Oasis and their role models, the Beatles themselves. Last week Oasis frontman Liam Gallagher publicly called ex-Beatle George Harrison a "nipple" (a British slang term for "idiot") after Harrison commented that Oasis would be forgotten in 30 years' time. Only days later, in an interview for MTV Live, Liam's brother Noel dissed Harrison's former bandmate Paul McCartney. When--in light of McCartney's recent remarks that Oasis were "derivative"--Noel was asked if there was any conflict between Oasis and McCartney, he replied, "I don't know, I think he's just going senile, isn't he?" No one in the Beatles' camp has yet to retaliate with his own barb.

There you have it. Paul called them 'derivative'. Oh well!

andyec

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles always bring me joy.
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2005, 04:18:24 AM »

Who's Oasis? Are they a British band? Are they still together? I'd forgotten all about them. They had that one minor hit,Wonderwall. Wasn't that the name of George's first solo album,when he was still in The Beatles? How many hit songs did Liam write? If he's remembered at all,it will be for what a jerk he was.

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2005, 06:01:59 AM »

Quote from: andyec
Who's Oasis? Are they a British band? Are they still together? I'd forgotten all about them. They had that one minor hit,Wonderwall. Wasn't that the name of George's first solo album,when he was still in The Beatles? How many hit songs did Liam write? If he's remembered at all,it will be for what a jerk he was.
Oh yeah, Oasis, I remember them. Were'nt they were the English equivelent to the America's Black Crows. You remember them dont you? They had the brothers Robinson in the group. The bothers had a band  that was fair and all they could really do well was stay stoned and fight with eack other. Wait am I thinking of the Black crows or Oasis? It dont matter, they are the same thing the only difference is the accents.

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2005, 06:09:48 AM »

Oasis, the band that ripped off other bands

&nb

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 02:45:35 PM »

I don't care much about Oasis or about the Gallagher brothers' antics but man, they have that great guitar "wall of sound." I still prefer Blur though.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
    • The studio
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 06:03:21 PM »

I agree, just been having a Blur re-discovery lately and learning some of their tunes. Great stuff!

TurnMeOnDeadman

• A Thousand Pages
  • Creme Tangerine
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 06:23:32 PM »

i like Blurs- "Song #2"

&nb
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 83 queries.