Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gallagher comment on Old Rock Stars  (Read 7023 times)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Gallagher comment on Old Rock Stars
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005, 06:25:31 PM »

I like Oasis's music but what Liam said was pretty stupid. ::)
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Ivo

• A Beginning
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2005, 04:30:04 AM »

Liam has always been stupid and he always will be, regardless of his comments.  
I'm off like a herd of turtles.

Mr. Kite

• A Beginning
  • What would the The Beatles be without Ringo?
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2005, 07:05:59 AM »

Excuse me who are Oasis?  Oh I remember they thought they where the next Beatles like so many other bands before them.  Lets start a list shall we:

Bands who have said they where or someone else said that they where next Beatles:

King Crimson
Badfinger
Oasis

Come on keep the list going as I'm sure there are others.

Mr. Kite
[size=14][size=14]-Mr. Kite![/size][size=14]<br />'ving been some days in preparation a splendid time is guaranteed for all![/size][/size]<br />

andyec

• A Beginning
  • The Beatles always bring me joy.
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2005, 02:45:45 AM »

How about all the bands who wish they were the next Beatles? That would be all of them.

Because

• A Beginning
  • asian girls are hot
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2005, 04:33:13 AM »

Haha, what Liam said was hilarious. but only because it was childish and pathetic. when you are drunk 23.5 hours in a day, things like that start coming out of your mouth. i haven't heard that much threatening to beat so-and-so up since before i learned how to write in cursive, my god. was good for a laugh though.

badfinger the next beatles? ahahahahhaha, they/someone said that? right....

oasis could never be the next beatles, unless they were the next bealtes tribute band..

Mendips

• Getting Better
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2005, 12:20:44 PM »

I had to read this thread because I had no idea who gallagher is/was.
Oasis? Weren't they a one hit wonder trying like hell to sound like the Fab?

You just gotta laugh at these infantile attempts to get publicity.
gallagher thinks he's never gonna get old???

This jealous fool takes the cake for moron of the world.
John: You're just a lonely old man from Liverpool.
Grandfather: But I'm clean!
John: Are ya?

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2005, 11:54:30 PM »

I hope he was incredibly drunk when he said that ... [an' he probably was].
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

flux

• A Beginning
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2005, 04:06:19 AM »

Oasis really stuck around for the long haul. 30 years ? They're forgotten after 3 years.

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2005, 10:55:56 AM »

Quote from: lennonlemon
I think this came out long time ago, but I was browsing through the archives when I found this "interview" and I wanted to see what you guys thought or whether you've heard it before because it came out a while ago.

Anyways, this is Liam Gallagher speaking:

"All these old farts, slagging us off - they'll be dead and buried by the time we start getting senile and sh*tting in our pants. And we can remember all their sh*t tunes. 'I've Got My Mind Set On You', 'When We Was Fab'. The quicker they f***ing go, the better for everyone. Anyway, John and Ringo were The Beatles. Isn't It A Pity? It will be when I meet George Harrison. I'm gonna stand on his head and play golf. I'm gonna do me Roy Castle impersonation on his head [that is tap dancing - Andrew. Also my Uncle, except he is dead now; cancer]. So who wants a fight? Any old fart who's allowed out of the rest home wants a fight with me, yeah? After I've had me steak and kidney pie, I'll be ready. Do you want it? Any of you senile bastards want a ruck? I'll meet you in the pub, six o'clock. Yeah, it's unlikely, you never know, they might turn up. Whoof! I'll do the lot of them. That should be the headline: 'I'll do the lot of you.' I had a dream where I drop-kicked him in the throat, George, and smashed McCartney from here to Jupiter and back. He didn't have his suitability on. My name is disturbance. I love the music. I played the game. Thought I wasn't bothered. Then I thought - I do want it. Keith, Mick and any other old bag who decides to get out of bed in the morning to slag us off. Dirty old nipple. Sweaty old mushroom. I wanna meet you in the middle of Primrose Hill. Thursday afternoon, 12 o'clock, on the green. They say they got misquoted. I won't be misquoted. The main thing we're talking about here is this: any dick who wants it, regardless of what time or day or what shoes I've got on. Anyone who wants a rumble will get it because the man is mad for it and that's the end of it. I don't like fighting but you've not been slagged off like me. And there'll be no big chaps around, man. Just me and me dick, man. And I'll hit him with me knob. I've said I wanted to chill, but I've got loads of knobs picking on me anyway, so I might as well say - 'Let's have it!"

I think I might have lost most, if not all, of the little respect I had for this sap. It just ain't the same listening to Oasis and their music knowing he said

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • &quot;The dude abides.&quot;
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2005, 11:49:25 PM »

Quote from: TheDude
badfinger the next beatles? ahahahahhaha, they/someone said that? right....

Go easy on Badfinger.  They never called themselves the next beatles and showed that they could write and play with the best of them.  If anything they suffered from the closeness to the beatles.  Great power-pop band.  "Straight Up" and "No Dice" are classic albums.  

Bobber

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2007, 11:14:12 AM »

Here's a wise man speaking:

MCCARTNEY: 'NO ONE WILL BE BIGGER THAN THE BEATLES'

PAUL MCCARTNEY chuckles every time a newcomer promises fans their act will be bigger than the BEATLES - because there will never be another Fab Four. The British star admits he was amused when Oasis rockers Liam and Noel Gallagher boasted they'd become more famous than his group - because there's no such thing. He tells Newsweek magazine, "When they started out, Oasis... said they were going to be bigger than the Beatles. And I felt sorry for them. "It's a prediction that doesn't come true. It's a fatal prediction. I sort of sit by and go, 'Good luck, son.'"

BlueMeanie

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2007, 11:17:53 AM »

The Gallagher's are not fit to lace Paul's shoes. I can bear Noel, but I can't stand that knobhead brother of his.

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2007, 12:16:34 PM »

Quote from: 63
MCCARTNEY: 'NO ONE WILL BE BIGGER THAN THE BEATLES'

Listen To What The Man Said! ;D :)
He's right!

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 68 queries.