Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Set list for a reunion tour:  (Read 2233 times)

Bulldog

• A Beginning
Set list for a reunion tour:
« on: August 20, 2019, 08:56:15 AM »

That would be a tough one. Which songs do you choose?

George may want a couple of his songs & it would be rude to not let Ringo sing one song.

The remaining songs would be John & Paul's and would have to cover 'Love me Do' through to 'Let it Be'.

Maybe the easiest thing to do would be to call it 'The number 1's' tour. Each one of their American chart toppers being played.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
Re: Set list for a reunion tour:
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 01:14:33 AM »

Bulldog:  This is a very good question.  Also, would the Beatles only do Beatles songs or would they have included their solo stuff, too?  It would have been really interesting to hear how they would have played on each other's songs and if they would have traded vocals on any of them.

I'll have to think about this and try to come up with a set list that I think they might have played.

Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Bulldog

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 05:34:04 AM »

For me it should really be a Beatles only songs tour. Fans of the solo stuff had decades to go on the solo tours. But if John wanted a couple of his solo tracks included, then Paul would want the same.

If doing a number 1's tour, choices would still have to be made. Several number 1's were double 'A' sides so not enough time to play them all. Maybe mix it up during the tour.

Preferably the songs would see the four of them playing together. Rather than Paul singing 'Yesterday' on his own.

They could have an orchestra for the shows. Make them big shows rather than just the four of them on stage.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 05:41:45 AM by Bulldog »

Bulldog

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 07:18:06 PM »

John, Paul & George could have spent the 80's onwards on solo tours. Which would be popular & lucrative. They could include some of their own Beatles songs on these tours. Paul's been doing this since the 80's.

To persuade Paul & John to spend half a concert just being back up to each others songs may be tough. Then there is getting George to spend most of a concert being back up to John & Paul's songs. It worked in the 60's as they were all committed to 'The Beatles' although stopped touring as soon as they could.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 07:19:43 PM by Bulldog »

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 12:06:10 AM »

I'm really glad they never did this.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Bulldog

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2019, 06:44:19 PM »

The four of them could have agreed to a one off show.

Sid Bernstein just had to increase his offer by another 100 million.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2019, 08:54:14 PM »

Hmmm.  I just don't know if money was enough to motivate them to reunite.  The average band would probably love all the offers of humongous amounts of money and no matter how much they hated each other, they'd probably get together.

But the Beatles - I don't know.

Would they have done it for a trillion dollars?

If offers of money wouldn't succeed, what would?

Bulldog

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2019, 08:31:54 AM »

Hmmm.  I just don't know if money was enough to motivate them to reunite.  The average band would probably love all the offers of humongous amounts of money and no matter how much they hated each other, they'd probably get together.

But the Beatles - I don't know.

Would they have done it for a trillion dollars?

If offers of money wouldn't succeed, what would?

Maybe they would have done a surprise mini performance for nothing. Lots of TV shows available to them. Although not sure why they would do this.

They might have followed the usual route bands take. A tour after an album. This was not the 60's & a record company may insist that even 'The Beatles' had to tour a new album. Getting the 4 of them to make an album is another issue.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 12:40:00 AM »

I feel doubtful that they'd have done a tour.  Maybe they'd have recorded something under a phony name and let people guess about its authorship.  Knowing the Beatles, maybe they would want there to be some element of surprise or mystery about their getting together.

It would have been okay with me if they had just done a few songs together but I'd definitely have been hurting if they didn't do an entire album of songs.

Bulldog

• A Beginning
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 07:26:10 AM »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/a-conversation-with-george-harrison-190204/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjJvK_FzrbkAhXjsnEKHaBKAbYQFjAFegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw0m7Im7iF8mZA-sUCoPd0HU&ampcf=1

Believe there would have been lots of partial reunions.

George was in the studio with Paul in 1979. Paul claimed him & John were due to go in the studio prior to his death. John & George worked together in the early 70's although John was upset at George's book.  Ringo would just go with the flow, both John & Paul had written songs for him in 1980.

There is a chance the 4 of them would end up in the studio together. Probably helping out with one of their solo albums. It would be low key & doubtful anyone would know about it.

The Beatles music & films would live on. The four of them would discuss 'The Beatles' to the media & play some Beatles songs on solo tours.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 12:27:39 AM »

George was in the studio with Paul in 1979. Paul claimed him & John were due to go in the studio prior to his death. John & George worked together in the early 70's although John was upset at George's book.  Ringo would just go with the flow, both John & Paul had written songs for him in 1980.

I hadn’t heard that George was in the studio with Paul at that time.  Are there anymore details? Aside from the backing vocals Paul, Linda and Denny put on All Those Years Ago after John’s death, the only collaboration between Paul and George post Beatles and pre Threetles I recall being suggested was when Paul apparently wanted George to overdub guitar on Wanderlust off Tug of War. The tapes went missing or something and it never came off.

George also was still writing for Ringo until early 80s. Including Ringo’s last US top 40 showing with Wrack my Brain.

Page created in 0.575 seconds with 55 queries.