Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Happy Ron Hill talks The Beatles + Ringo  (Read 2444 times)

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning
Happy Ron Hill talks The Beatles + Ringo
« on: September 01, 2010, 08:00:58 PM »

WHAT MP3s FILL UP YOUR HARD DRIVE?

1) “The Beatles, every song, including bootlegs. There’s simply nobody better, and nobody writes songs like them.”

2) “Steve Poltz’s complete works. I listen to a lot of local artists, at least the ones I actually know.”

3) “Neil Young, because some of his music got me through my darkest, unhappiest times.”

4) “Ringo Starr’s solo work. I always admired the way he’s so modest about his abilities and really just focused on having a good time. His solo shows are like big open-mikes, where everyone in the band had a hit or two and gets to play them.”

5) “Robert Frey, the late local new-age artist. He has a meditation tape, Opening to Love, that I listen to frequently in the morning. I usually find that type of music to be corny.”

HOW WAS YOUR FIRST OPEN-MIKE?

“It was 1997, when my original singing teacher threw us up on stage. I mumbled the Beatles’ ‘In My Life,’ and the teacher shouted, ‘Project! Project!’ I mumbled, ‘I am projecting.’ The next time, I literally shouted a sensitive love song, almost at the top of my lungs. She shook her head and said, ‘Don’t project!’”

Full Interview: http://www.sandiegoreader.com/bands/happy-ron-hill/

"John was the best. I loved John. He was fine singer, a fine musician and he was a fine friend." -Ringo
“He's (Ringo) every bloody bit as warm, unassuming, funny, and kind as he seems. He was quite simply the heart of the Beatles.” – John
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Page created in 0.333 seconds with 32 queries.