Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: john and yokos bed in for peace....  (Read 4219 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: john and yokos bed in for peace....
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 04:37:51 AM »

If I missed the point, I apologize.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: john and yokos bed in for peace....
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 08:39:55 AM »

still you say politics though....it is not all politics...ok aside from the paul issue kev because it seems all you wanna do is debate the paul bashing....one question do you believe john was socially relevant?

Hmmm (again.) Not a 100% sure what qualifies a person to be “socially relevant.” But yeah, John was. But so was Jim Morrison for getting his wang out on stage.
As far as I can tell the “peace movement” was in full swing long before Lennon latched on to it. Maybe he provided a focal point? I’m not sure. Yoko and he (for I do believe this was really Yoko’s thing) did I guess maybe show that it was possible to demonstrate in an artful way.
No one doubts the power and relevance of  Picasso’s “Guernica” painting. Likewise maybe I suppose sitting in a bag, posting acorns or lying in bed for a week might have maybe could have inspired people. Maybe showed that protest didn’t need to be violent – but that wasn’t exactly a groundbreaking idea either. Maybe King/Ghandhi ethos made easy for junkies? But I have a nagging suspicion it looked as silly, lazy and pointless then as it did now.
BUT, he did write an exceptionally good anthem for the “movement” in Give Peace A Chance. John talked of his immense pride at hearing the tens of thousands sing it at the anti-Vietnam demo (in Washington?). He was an exceptionally good songwriter after all.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 09:55:47 AM by Kevin »
don't follow leaders
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 40 queries.