Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ringo's new album What's My Name your thoughts  (Read 4114 times)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Ringo's new album What's My Name your thoughts
« on: October 26, 2019, 03:54:59 PM »

Currently listening to the album think it's pretty good some catchy songs.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Ringo's new album What's My Name your thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 01:41:58 AM »

Havent gotten it yet.  Soon.

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 05:54:13 PM »

I love it.

Admittedly I've had it on a repeat loop in the car, so have heard it at least ten times in succession, but it's quintessential Ringo: only ten (two or three minute long) tracks, but riddled with singalong hooks and a pervasive (and by no means unpleasant) C&W vibe.

There's a re-visit to the Fab catalogue with his (voice modulator enhanced) take on "Money (That's What I Want)" and the genuinely poignant re-working of John's half-finished "Grow Old With Me" is perhaps the only time when the current of bonhomie is briefly subdued. For the most part the album is pure peace-and-love-fuelled, clean-livin' re-energised Ringo and listening along it's difficult to believe he's just eight months short of 80.

If you're the type of Beatles fan who skips over "What Goes On" or "Octopus's Garden", then it's probably not for you. But the Starr turn delivers here just about every time for me - a good album and a fine feather in his cap.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2019, 01:16:02 AM »

I love it.

Admittedly I've had it on a repeat loop in the car, so have heard it at least ten times in succession, but it's quintessential Ringo: only ten (two or three minute long) tracks, but riddled with singalong hooks and a pervasive (and by no means unpleasant) C&W vibe.

There's a re-visit to the Fab catalogue with his (voice modulator enhanced) take on "Money (That's What I Want)" and the genuinely poignant re-working of John's half-finished "Grow Old With Me" is perhaps the only time when the current of bonhomie is briefly subdued. For the most part the album is pure peace-and-love-fuelled, clean-livin' re-energised Ringo and listening along it's difficult to believe he's just eight months short of 80.

If you're the type of Beatles fan who skips over "What Goes On" or "Octopus's Garden", then it's probably not for you. But the Starr turn delivers here just about every time for me - a good album and a fine feather in his cap.

This is great to hear.  Still don't have it.  Was told not to buy it because the son bought it for me for my birthday.  *sigh*

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2020, 10:54:02 PM »

Hey, finally got this (yeah I know).  I've only listened to it once, but so far,,,,,,eh.  I need to let this one sink in some more with some more listens.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 01:31:31 PM »

After a few more listens,,,,,guys this is a good album.  I highly recommend it.

Page created in 0.68 seconds with 45 queries.