Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: What  (Read 1132 times)

Brynjar

• Getting Better
What
« on: August 01, 2005, 04:50:19 PM »

On the menu when you play the Special Features dvd off the Anthology there is this song playing, instrumental.

What song is this?!
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
Re: What
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 05:08:58 PM »

From memory, I think it's Flying from the Magical Mystery Tour album.

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 05:15:47 PM »

Yeah I think so, must be. Too bad I don
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Bobber

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 05:32:44 PM »

Definitely. Just checked it. It's Flying for sure.

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 07:45:25 AM »

I hadn't seen it for a while and watched further. There's a little session with the threesome, they do Thinking Of Linking and others. The only one that really seems to enjoy it is Paul. George is looking somewhat worried in Paul's direction and Ringo's wearing shades and puts on his ignorant mask. When the three of them are sitting and talking around the table, it's different, but this session doesn't really have it.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 11:38:48 AM »

Quote from: Bobber
I hadn't seen it for a while and watched further. There's a little session with the threesome, they do Thinking Of Linking and others. The only one that really seems to enjoy it is Paul. George is looking somewhat worried in Paul's direction and Ringo's wearing shades and puts on his ignorant mask. When the three of them are sitting and talking around the table, it's different, but this session doesn't really have it.

Yeah, I thought that too. George seems a little cold towards Paul I thought. Paul even snapped at George during their "on the grass" session where they're sitting outside (on the grass - duh!) - Paul keeps trying to talk about a trip with George to a cinema whilst in India. Paul say something like "George, remember that time we went to that cinema..." - George keeps strumming DeraDune, so then Paul turns away and says "obviously not!".

I haven't watched the bonus disc for a while but I seem to recall George wanting to stop that 3-way jam session but Paul wanted to one more number.

I think by the end though they were chatting and laughing away - especially in the footage at Abbey Road.

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 11:50:09 AM »

Quote from: The_End

Yeah, I thought that too. George seems a little cold towards Paul I thought. Paul even snapped at George during their "on the grass" session where they're sitting outside (on the grass - duh!) - Paul keeps trying to talk about a trip with George to a cinema whilst in India. Paul say something like "George, remember that time we went to that cinema..." - George keeps strumming DeraDune, so then Paul turns away and says "obviously not!".

I haven't watched the bonus disc for a while but I seem to recall George wanting to stop that 3-way jam session but Paul wanted to one more number.

I think by the end though they were chatting and laughing away - especially in the footage at Abbey Road.

Yes. Paul wanted to play Blue Moon Of Kentucky and George replied 'Oh, the short version then'. Indeed they're chatting at the Abbey Road, but George is looking right into the camera a couple of times: he seems to be very aware of being filmed. And George Martin was there too of course: as if they wanted to be friendly to each other with someone else involved, like Billy Preston's appearance during Let It Be. It does not seem to be very spontanious and all.

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 47 queries.