Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A way to reunite the Beatles  (Read 683 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
A way to reunite the Beatles
« on: February 04, 2024, 03:39:45 PM »

John said that if you wanted a Beatles album post-1970, you could simply mix their solo stuff together.

Well, I've been thinking about this.  There are a number of old posts on this Forum in which members have compiled possible albums this way.

So, here's my newest thought about it:  Suppose that you listen to all their solo stuff, and then try to put together what you actually think would most sound like a bona fide Beatles album.  The chronology of the recordings would be somewhat irrelevant.  It would be more a matter of compiling what such an album would coherently sound like.  Even though the Beatles may be at varying ages or stages of their life, you would ignore that because what you'd be primarily looking for is the overall sound of the various songs which most sounds like a Beatles album when finally compiled.

It could be quite challenging.  One approach could be selecting the most Beatles-sounding solo songs.  I've thought of a few of these but at the time of this writing, I can't remember them.  I hope to post more thoughts on this topic.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: A way to reunite the Beatles
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2024, 11:11:44 AM »

An interesting idea Loco. I’ll give it some thought.

One tricky thing is what sounds like a bona fide Beatle album. Every album of theirs sounded different.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2024, 01:40:08 PM »

Moogmodule:  With all the remixes that have been released, including those with the help of AI, I think it's conceivable that such an album could be professionally compiled and eventually released as an actual commercial album.  Perhaps it could be labeled as a concept album.

The incentive to do this:  Well, that would be based on the desire of many fans to have another Beatles album even if mythical in essence.  So, the bonus point would be the real Beatles on the album, not AI generated Beatles.

I think that as AI expands and increases in practicality and application, we will likely see conceptual Beatles albums somewhere in the evolving and progressive future.

I don't want to get too wild here but ....   Just as the 3 Beatles worked on Bird, Love and Now, perhaps in some way Beatles solo stuff could be combined.  How would this be done?  I don't know.  You'd probably need AI to assist in terms of selecting different vocals and instrumentations from the solo stuff and assembling them in some way in singular songs that make sense and which enhance the original recordings.  So if you found the right guitar part by George, for example, you could attach it to an appropriate spot on a Paul or John record.  Am I getting a bit too crazy here?  Well, very possibly, but after all, I am Loco!

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2024, 02:34:47 PM »

For that matter, you could also simply combine all the Beatles solo songs in chronological order (by specific dates) and create albums which are all combined Beatles solo albums up to 1980, the year in which John passed.

Wouldn't that be an interesting listening experience and perfect for radio play?

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2024, 03:40:35 PM »

I know my thoughts sound crazy.  But I think they're always going to try to repackage the Beatles' product in various ways.  You just need creative people to think of how to do so.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2024, 05:15:49 PM »

I know my thoughts sound crazy.  But I think they're always going to try to repackage the Beatles' product in various ways.  You just need creative people to think of how to do so.

I don't think your thoughts sound crazy, LocoMo. I think you have very interesting ideas.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2024, 06:21:46 PM »

Thanks, Normandie.  I feel a bit better now.

I would love to peer into the future and see what happens with the Beatles catalog as technology and AI continues to advance.  Could there be something beyond remixes or even better remixes?

I tend to believe that future music may be sent directly to your brain without the need for speakers or headphones.  What will that feel and sound like?  I can't even begin to imagine it.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2024, 06:47:18 AM »

Loco if you mean someone might  put together fake Beatles albums by using AI to have the solo songs sound like all four Beatles are on it, I’d be surprised if someone’s not doing that already. The capability is there as we’ve heard with John’s voice being put on Paul songs like or Elvis’ vocals being put on something like a Nirvana song.

Maybe they’ll do an “Everyday Chemistry” and spin a story that they stepped into another dimension and found Beatles albums from a timeline where they didn’t break up.

https://www.elsewhere.co.nz/weneedtotalkabout/8257/we-need-to-talk-about-everyday-chemistry-the-beatles-beamed-in-from-beyond/

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2024, 03:49:53 PM »

Moogmodule:  What I want to see is an actual album assembled by someone like Giles Martin, one really intended for commercial distribution.  It would have to be very good in order to qualify.

Maybe that's a way off yet.  It may be a fake album but as realistically made as technologically possible.  If this happens, I can't see it in the near future but maybe 10 or more years from now.

In the meantime, maybe we'll find a portal to an alternate universe where the Beatles remained together past 1970 (and 1980).

IMO the best albums would have been those that followed 1970s as that was still very close to when they were still functioning as a group.

I also want to say that a lot of the Beatles solo stuff doesn't seem to fit a Beatles as a Group type of music.  John and George's stuff in some instances was a reaction to the Beatles turmoil and subsequent split.  So it really wouldn't be suitable for an actual Beatles album.  Maybe my idea of assembling their solo stuff to make a Beatles album really wouldn't gel.  Maybe John was wrong about piecing their stuff together.  I know he was thinking of the White Album.  Maybe that was too broad of an assumption that John made by making an invalid comparison to the White Album.

Well, anyway, it's fun to think about all this Beatles stuff!!!   cheer1 cheer1 cheer1 cheer1

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2024, 03:53:57 PM »

BTW:  I didn't like "Everyday Chemistry."  It's been a while since I listened to it, so I'll revisit it when I have a chance.

IMO that's not how they would have done an album at all.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2024, 03:58:19 PM »

Moog:  Do you recall if anyone's ever done a thread or a review of "Everyday Chemistry" on this forum?

I think I'll re-listen to it and if I can't find a previous post, I'll create one for it as a topic of its own.

Then I can state exactly why I don't think it's a valid Beatles album or attempt at creating one.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2024, 06:59:06 PM »

John said that if you wanted a Beatles album post-1970, you could simply mix their solo stuff together.

Sorry to poke my head in here, Loco Mo and Moogmodule, but Loco Mo, do you have a source for this statement from John? I'm not challenging you; I'd just like to track it down.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2024, 11:55:55 PM »

Normandie:  Don't apologize!  Why should you?

I can't locate the source or reference because I don't remember where I read it (whether online or in a book).  I've donated most of my books recently so I can't go there to search.

I tried Google but it is hard to create a search phrase that yields a good result.  Nothing matches the type of statement he made.

I know he said this shortly after the breakup because a lot of people were expressing sadness and he said this as sort of a way to soothe them.  It was as if he were saying, you can still hear the Beatles, just listen to our solo stuff.  But I thought he also added that you could splice their solo songs together and therefore have a resultant Beatles album.  I also believe he compared to the White Album which he considered to be a mishmash of the individual Beatles and not of them working together as a group.

Well, it's in one of his interviews.  I will keep working on the search.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2024, 12:04:06 AM »

Thanks, Loco Mo. It's not crucial; I was just curious. I couldn't think of useful search parameters to track this down.

I appreciate the extra info you provided.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2024, 11:35:56 AM »

Moog:  Do you recall if anyone's ever done a thread or a review of "Everyday Chemistry" on this forum?

I think I'll re-listen to it and if I can't find a previous post, I'll create one for it as a topic of its own.

Then I can state exactly why I don't think it's a valid Beatles album or attempt at creating one.

There is a thread somewhere. I don’t think it’s valid in any way either. I think it was an at times clever mashup that just gained attention by the ludicrous story it attached to it.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2024, 11:39:56 AM »

Sorry to poke my head in here, Loco Mo and Moogmodule, but Loco Mo, do you have a source for this statement from John? I'm not challenging you; I'd just like to track it down.

I recall some quote like that by John but don’t know from where.

Also apparently George was an early fantasy album guy. There’s a story of him in the 70s having cassette tapes with various Beatle solo songs put together.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2024, 11:43:40 AM »

Moogmodule:  What I want to see is an actual album assembled by someone like Giles Martin, one really intended for commercial distribution.  It would have to be very good in order to qualify.

Frankly I can’t see that  something like that happening til all the original people are no longer with us. I’d see it as not so much a technological hurdle as a psychological one. I think that would require a lot of distance from the Beatles era and the acceptance more generally of AI enhanced music.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2024, 04:08:04 PM »

Moog:  Have you heard of "The Black Album" and "The Twelfth Album?"  Check those out on Wikipedia.  They sound like very interesting efforts at creating a post-Beatles album.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2024, 04:17:19 PM »

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2024, 04:19:26 PM »

What I mean is I can't remember how to simply type Black Album and Twelfth Album and all you have to do is click on them to get to the web pages.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.786 seconds with 71 queries.