Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Magical Mystery Tour - new treatment?  (Read 2154 times)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
Magical Mystery Tour - new treatment?
« on: April 07, 2021, 06:53:11 PM »

with a new version of the Let it Be movie, Get Back, coming out later this year and taking a surprisingly positive spin from a previously gloomy movie, made me wonder if there is any making MMT into something from the carnage that everyone, including the Beatles themselves, believes was Magical Mystery Tour movie?

Maybe there was hours and hours of cut footage that can be spliced together and make it presentable?  Maybe a pipe dream...
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Magical Mystery Tour - new treatment?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 09:06:06 PM »

Maybe there was hours and hours of cut footage that can be spliced together and make it presentable?  Maybe a pipe dream...

That does sound good, especially on the big screen.  :)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 09:07:08 PM »

The bluray I have of MMT has a few cut scenes. Including Traffic doing Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush and Ivor Cutler singing I’m Going in a Field. Not enough to make too much of a difference but, if there were more like that you could imagine it cut into sort of a travelling variety show. The worry is that what we saw on screen was the best of the footage and what was cut was worse.  :o

The most common suggestion I’ve seen to save it is actually to cut it down. Focus on the musical performances and just have the best linking scenes to make a music video album. Which would have been quite the innovation at the time.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 11:30:04 AM »

The bluray I have of MMT has a few cut scenes. Including Traffic doing Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush and Ivor Cutler singing I’m Going in a Field. Not enough to make too much of a difference but, if there were more like that you could imagine it cut into sort of a travelling variety show. The worry is that what we saw on screen was the best of the footage and what was cut was worse.  :o

The most common suggestion I’ve seen to save it is actually to cut it down. Focus on the musical performances and just have the best linking scenes to make a music video album. Which would have been quite the innovation at the time.

I get the idea that what we already have is the best - but the let it be, get back project suggests something different, doesn't it?  At least something different is possible.  Maybe the creative direction sacrificed lots of footage deemed not worthy and 50 plus years later someone else may say, that is cool, lets use that...and that...and that...

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 12:18:10 PM »

I get the idea that what we already have is the best - but the let it be, get back project suggests something different, doesn't it?  At least something different is possible.  Maybe the creative direction sacrificed lots of footage deemed not worthy and 50 plus years later someone else may say, that is cool, lets use that...and that...and that...

That’s true. It would be interesting for sure to see if there was lots of unused footage to draw on.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 08:53:53 PM »

... but the let it be, get back project suggests something different, doesn't it?

I think the thing that will surprise people most about the new Let it Be movie is how such good footage (like some of the stuff seen just in that brief clip) was left on the floor in the first place.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 02:03:40 AM »

the narrative was they were no longer working together, didn't like each other, had grown apart.

$$$ talks

it told the story people believed, rather than outgrown each other as a group but still enjoyed working together and loved each other...at times

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 47 queries.