Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Give My Regards To Broadstreet.  (Read 5284 times)

Wayne L.

Give My Regards To Broadstreet.
« on: July 30, 2006, 10:26:25 PM »

I would like to clear up some things about Give My Regards To Broadstreet, first of all, I never said it was a bad movie, but it could have been much better.  I think Paul thought in his mind this was a sequel to A Hard Day's Night & Help & he probably thought his name was going to make it just as popular.  GMRTBS has its moments, but only very few & it could have ruined his reputation as an artist, even though it didn't.  The worst mistake of all is his own covers of his Beatles classics are lifeless, unlike the originals & when he performs them live.  My 2 favorite tracks on the Broadstreet soundtrack, which could have been hits, are No Values & I'm Not Such A Bad Boy.  I don't know if McCarthey has performed them live during his last four tours, but he should because they're great rock songs.  Give My Regards To Broadstreet is much better than the crap out today & my criticism of it isn't harsh at all, because I don't hate it, as some have said.  
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: Give My Regards To Broadstreet.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 10:55:02 PM »

The movie sucked, the soundtrack was excellent.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 11:25:35 PM »

Quote from: dwarf_mcdougal

It cant be said much better than this. The movie wasnt good for sure, but it in no way was going to ruin his reputation. Everybody has hits and misses. I also like 'No Values' & 'I'm Not Such A Bad Boy', but realistically, Paul probably wrote those two songs in 5 minutes. Nice little rockers, but hardly anything to write home about.

Ok, i'll quit beating a dead horse and just say that the soundtrack is great.

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 08:52:26 PM »

Paul is a musician, not an actor... ;) Still, I liked the movie too!! :D

Wayne L.

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 10:53:05 AM »

Quote from: Taxgirl

Paul is a musician, not an actor... ;) Still, I liked the movie too!! :D

You got that right, Paul's not an actor, he's a musician.  The movie is much better than the soundtrack.  

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 12:13:20 AM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.

You got that right, Paul's not an actor, he's a musician.  The movie is much better than the soundtrack.  

Lol!!!!

Wow,,,,just wow!

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 07:27:12 PM »

He's a musician, not an actor, which is why the movie is  better than the soundtrack. What the heck kind of pretzel logic is that? I won that tennis tournament last week because I'm a much better golfer...

Wayne L.

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 09:08:59 PM »

I know you don't know too much about the Beatles or GMRTBS & acting like a smart ass isn't going to get you anywhere dwarf_mcdougal.  

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 11:21:50 PM »

I won that tennis tournament last week because I'm a much better golfer...

LOL!!!

Thats one of the better ones i've read in awhile.

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 01:18:02 AM »

Quote from: tkitna

LOL!!!

Thats one of the better ones i've read in awhile.

Thanks. Enjoy it while you can because all of my posts are getting deleted by 'The End'.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 01:23:56 AM »

aren't you inviting it jr???

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 12:16:14 PM »

Thanks. Enjoy it while you can because all of my posts are getting deleted by 'The End'.

There is a way to prevent this - as explained in my PM to you:

"Hi Dwarf,

We have had a lot of problems here recently with abuse being dished out to members of the board and this has sadly resulted in some people leaving the forum - some of which were friends of mine.

Therefore, in order to prevent this sort of thing happening again, I have been removing certain posts which I deem as unnecessarily abusive. Unfortunately, a few of the posts were yours.

All I ask is for all members to at least be respectful of each other, and if a member really cannot get on with someone then to use the "ignore" feature in the member centre.

However, if you yourself experience any abuse either on the forum or via PMs, please report it to the moderators, Dmitry or myself and we will take action to see that  the abuse stops immediately.

If you wish to discuss further, please do not hesitate to contact me :)

Regards

AL  (flower)"

AND...

"Hiya mate

Thanks for your PM.

It was just your direct attacks on one of the members here - [name removed] that I deleted.

All I'm trying to do is protect the members so that no one feels bullied into leaving, which is effectively what happened with Juniorsfarm recently.

I've tried to calm things down on here but no one seems to have taken any notice so I have had to resort to censorship which is something I am dead against!

AL (flower)"

Wayne L.

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 01:47:17 PM »

I think tkitna has a few problems mentally & won't admit it.  I have been a Beatles fan longer than you have probably been alive baby, so if you're amazed about my opinions about Broadstreet, you must not have any at all.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 03:46:41 PM »

I thought you were turning over a new leaf Wayne?

Anyway, healthy and sometimes heated debate is great and this place has always been able to handle it. The problem is, it seems like everyone needs to be the one to get the last word in. I mean, if it's deteriorated to the point of name calling, maybe someone should chose to be the bigger person and not respond. I'd hate to see this place become watered down. There's always people getting upset and leaving. That's a long standing tradition here at DMs it seems. I don't think censorship is the answer.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 06:14:27 PM »

Quote from: Maccalvr
I don't think censorship is the answer.

Neither do I, so I'm open to suggestions. :-/

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2006, 07:42:10 AM »

Quote from: Wayne_L.
I think tkitna has a few problems mentally & won't admit it.  I have been a Beatles fan longer than you have probably been alive baby, so if you're amazed about my opinions about Broadstreet, you must not have any at all.

Wayne, after I read your post about all the solo albums you havent heard or owned, i'd probably crawl back under your rock and shut up. Never question my desire or knowledge about the Beatles again. Your infantile responses and threads have hit the wall. I like you and all your threads, but to be honest,,,,,your an idiot. Sorry.

Al, i'm sorry i've been so strong lately and I promise to try to shape up, but I wont and will not be ever questioned by Wayne whether its opinion or facts. Again sorry.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2006, 10:36:51 AM »

Quote from: The_End

Neither do I, so I'm open to suggestions. :-/

I don't know. Are there forum rules posted anywhere? I don't see them, but I didn't really look very hard. Anyway, they should be in a sticky labeled Forum Rules. Are there rules pertaining to excessive profanity or personal attacks on others? If so, then a person should be refered to the rules when he/she is in violation of one of them. No consequences, just a referal. If they continue after being made aware of the rules a few times maybe they can get warnings which are a little more serious. If they can't seem to refrain or self-edit, then they should be allowed only so many warnings before they are banned or something. Like three strikes and your out. Or four or five. But if they get banned, then they know they brought it upon themselves and had plenty of time to get it together. I mean, it shouldn't come to that. We should all be able to monitor our own behavior! If it gets out of hand, I think a warning is appropriate. I mean, some of the names I've seen people called around here are just disgusting. What does that ever have to offer to a conversation? Anyway, I know these are probably all things that are in place already, maybe people just need to be made more aware of it. Anyway Al, you are a GREAT Admin. Very fair and unbiased. I don't question anything you do. I just agree that it's sort of gotten out of hand here lately. Which is too bad. Although it seems sort of calm at the moment.

:)  :) :)

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2006, 12:41:52 PM »

i agree with venus...i mean sandra...we need guidelines so when you ban you can be justified...

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2006, 08:35:25 PM »

Someone posted - about Sean- that at least he hasn't flooded the market. I posted the reason is no one buys his music, and got that post got  zapped. Why? It's a fact. Wayne seems to be able to post whatever he wants and that's okay, I guess.

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2006, 10:51:22 PM »

Someone posted - about Sean- that at least he hasn't flooded the market. I posted the reason is no one buys his music, and got that post got  zapped. Why? It's a fact. Wayne seems to be able to post whatever he wants and that's okay, I guess.

It was the insult you added afterwards that prompted me to delete the post - in my opinion it was unprovoked.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 1.03 seconds with 72 queries.