Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: (Beware) my love  (Read 2676 times)

mr vandebilt

• A Beginning
(Beware) my love
« on: December 28, 2008, 04:13:34 PM »

Whenever i saw the song beware my love mentioned ive always thought they were refering to 'my love', which confused me no end as they said it sounded like Led Zeppelin(which My Love deffinatly dosent). Anyway i discovered this song last week on youtube and bloody hell does it rock. Its quickly became my joint favourite Wings track (the other is Wildlife). I dont know why Linda gets criticized so much her backing vocals on this song, and the majority of Ram, are excellent.

Anyway does anyone else get confused with Pauls song titles as he gets quite repetitive e.g Teddy Boy, Dear Boy, Dear Friend, and just how many songs by him or co written by him have LOVE in the title, it must be some kind of record

Beware my Love  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZohdkN7r0tY

My Love  
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1z4G-YhGQI&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1z4G-YhGQI&amp;feature=related</a>
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: (Beware) my love
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 04:32:37 PM »

ugh that's a tough one. both songs have one important word - "LOVE".

My Love - romantic. here's another song dedicated for Linda, but McCulloch's solo is the best part of the song.
Beware my love - Kick-ass and should be theme-song for a great action flick, very fits where the car chases or something like that... but the song gets boring everytime.

My Love for the first time wins here, although I disliked a bit, but... still it's a Macca.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 02:55:22 AM »

I always thought 'Beware My Love' got a little more appreciation than it deserved. Its not that great of a song in my opinion.

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 03:42:42 AM »

Quote from: 373
I always thought 'Beware My Love' got a little more appreciation than it deserved. Its not that great of a song in my opinion.

I didn't know it got a lot of appreciation, never knew any one who ever said anything about it!

I always kind of liked it, as I recall, thanks for that link, great to listen again!

(BTW - the link given brought me to some other Wings song ... here's the link that works for me: )  

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anfnA2xJ6ng&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anfnA2xJ6ng&amp;feature=related</a>

anfnA2xJ6ng

I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

mr vandebilt

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2008, 10:16:48 AM »

Crap its loosing already. I love it its like a cross between Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin. There are 2 versions, trhe live version on Wings over America is not as good as the version on Wings at the Speed of Sound.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 02:29:46 PM »

Quote from: 1699
Crap its loosing already. I love it its like a cross between Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin. There are 2 versions, trhe live version on Wings over America is not as good as the version on Wings at the Speed of Sound.

It gets another vote from me
(thumbsup)
Always liked this song , i like the live version to .
Not thought about it sounding a bit like Fleetwood Mac , but i can see that .

jjs

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 07:17:18 PM »

Whenever i saw the song beware my love mentioned ive always thought they were refering to 'my love', which confused me no end as they said it sounded like Led Zeppelin(which My Love deffinatly dosent). Anyway i discovered this song last week on youtube and bloody hell does it rock. Its quickly became my joint favourite Wings track (the other is Wildlife). I dont know why Linda gets criticized so much her backing vocals on this song, and the majority of Ram, are excellent.

Anyway does anyone else get confused with Pauls song titles as he gets quite repetitive e.g Teddy Boy, Dear Boy, Dear Friend, and just how many songs by him or co written by him have LOVE in the title, it must be some kind of record

Beware my Love  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZohdkN7r0tY

My Love   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1z4G-YhGQI&feature=related
??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??) :-/

Mrs. Vandebilt... What do you mean you "discovered"  this song on YouTube???? Don't you own all of Pauls solo recordings?????  ??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??)

jjs

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 07:25:54 PM »

Quote from: 971

It gets another vote from me
(thumbsup)
Always liked this song , i like the live version to .
Not thought about it sounding a bit like Fleetwood Mac , but i can see that .

I always thought it could have used a little more polish (it sounds lyrically unfinished to me) and some tighter production. It has it's moments.

I wonder if Mrs. Vandebilt is hearing some of the structural similarities to Fleetwood Mac's 'The Chain'?

mr vandebilt

• A Beginning
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »

I dont know who this Mrs Vandebilt person everyones mentioning, i can assure everyone that i am in fact a MR :P

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 04:06:04 AM »

Quote from: 1458
ugh that's a tough one. both songs have one important word - "LOVE".

My Love - romantic. here's another song dedicated for Linda, but McCulloch's solo is the best part of the song.
Beware my love - Kick-ass and should be theme-song for a great action flick, very fits where the car chases or something like that... but the song gets boring everytime.

My Love for the first time wins here, although I disliked a bit, but... still it's a Macca.

Henry McCullough* played the solo on the studio version, not Jimmy.

Beware My Love really rocked live so I'll go with that.

I am curious, how does Beware My Love get "boring" every time? Have you heard the live version?

tX5omV9qCQw

jjs

• A Beginning
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2008, 04:46:55 PM »

I dont know who this Mrs Vandebilt person everyones mentioning, i can assure everyone that i am in fact a MR :P

:K) :K) :K)

OOPS

??) ??) ??)

How's the Mrs.?

Venus

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 05:38:31 PM »

^^^^

thanks for for that, sooo funny  

(scream3)
.<br />+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Page created in 0.561 seconds with 70 queries.