Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: WHY I HATE PAUL!!!!!  (Read 22017 times)

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
Re: WHY I HATE PAUL!!!!!
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2008, 09:07:42 PM »

1. A sneaky left hander. Not to be trusted.

5. He never married poor Jane Asher when he should have to make a decent woman of her. Tsk Tsk.[/quote]

I agree! they would have been so nice together FOREVER!

maninthequeue

• A Beginning
  • the love you take is equal to the love you make
    • Buzzjack.com
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2008, 09:40:21 PM »

The way Paul seems to devalue/under appreciate his post Beatles back catalogue.

Examples:

1. The way he consistently snubs the brilliant Back To The Egg album in various compiliations.

2. When Memory Almost Full was released the medley on the second half of the album was always compared to Abbey Road, to my knowledge I have not seen a comparison with Red Rose Speedway's medley as if it never existed.

3. Live apart from Band On The Run, Jet, Live & Let Die, C-Moon and Coming Up he never seems to play any of his many Wings hits or even pulls an obscure album track out of the hat like 1985; Beware My Love, I'm Carrying; Eat At Home; etc.

4. Post Wings, he rarely plays tracks from his post 1980 career other than promoting the last couple of albums.

5. He's got very predictable digging out the same Paul Beatles classics in his sets: Hey Jude; I Saw Her Standing There; Get Back, Let It Be, Back In The USSR, etc.

theBEATLESrock_on

• Getting Better
  • Staple it toghether, we'll call it bad weather
« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2008, 04:10:21 AM »

Quote from: 1026
:
1. A sneaky left hander. Not to be trusted.

hey!!!! im a lefty!!! ok, maybe that just proves your point.
MARTINA was HERE<br />[size=14]&quot;sit on my face and tell me that you love me&quot;[/size] -monty python <br />

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2008, 04:14:12 AM »

Wow, took me forever to read through all the posts!
I have been a Beatle fan for as long as I can remember. But it hasnt been until just recently that I have really been interested in learning everything there is to know about them.  Before, I just knew and loved their songs. So as I buy all the albums and watch all the movies and watch the documentaries, I begin to really see each of their personalities.
And, I am far from an expert so please just remember that this is just my personal opinion, based on what I have seen.
Paul really does seem full of himself.  And who knows, if I was in his shoes, maybe I would be too.  Who am I to judge him?  I still love his music and his contributions to the band.  I will still go see him in concert and buy his albums.  And in his younger day, he was one good looking man(how can you hate that face!) 8)  

And, as for the mullet...thats just wrong! Long live the Kentucky Waterfall!!!
<br />

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2008, 05:09:13 AM »

Paul, of course, foresaw all this coming years ago, so you might want to add prescience to his list of demerits.

But feel free to join in if you like:

When I get older losing my hair
Many years from now
Will you still be sending me a valentine
Birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
If I'd been out till quarter to three
Would you lock the door?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me
When I'm sixty-four?

You'll be older too
And if you say the word
I could stay with you

I could be handy, mending a fuse
When your lights have gone
You can knit a sweater by the fireside
Sunday mornings go for a ride
Doing the garden, digging the weeds
Who could ask for more?
When I'm sixty-four?

[Come on, you all know it:]

Every summer we can rent a cottage in the Isle of Wight
If it's not too dear
We shall scrimp and save
Grandchildren on your knee
Vera, Chuck & Dave

Send me a postcard, drop me a line
Stating point of view
Indicate precisely what you mean to say
Yours sincerely, wasting away
Give me your answer, fill in a form
Mine for evermore
When I'm sixty-four?

Sgt. Pepper 45822

• Getting Better
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2008, 06:18:54 AM »

I don't mean to make anyone upset, but honestly, paul kinda has a right to be full of himself. I mean he was a BEATLE man, and he was 1/2 of an amazing writitng team, and their songs are still being played and discussed today. That would make me a lot full of myself, and it seems to me (although I have next to no knowledge of his solo career or solo life) he does a pretty good job of keeping that cockiness in check.

To be fair, sometimes I get irritated and think someone ought to poke a pin to his head to try and deflate it, but then I remember all of that, and think "maybe he has a right'
[face=Geneva][size=18]Looking through the bent backed tulips <br />to see how the other half lives.[/size][/face]<br /><br />[img]http://www.beatles.com/hub/gfx/articles/yeloSub/The%20Beatles%20in%20Yellow%20Submarine

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »

Quote from: 1247
I don't mean to make anyone upset, but honestly, paul kinda has a right to be full of himself. I mean he was a BEATLE man, and he was 1/2 of an amazing writitng team, and their songs are still being played and discussed today. That would make me a lot full of myself, and it seems to me (although I have next to no knowledge of his solo career or solo life) he does a pretty good job of keeping that cockiness in check.

To be fair, sometimes I get irritated and think someone ought to poke a pin to his head to try and deflate it, but then I remember all of that, and think "maybe he has a right'

Exactly!  
Plus, do we really know him?  No, not on a personal level.  We don't know the whole story behind everything he says or does.  So what might seem like cockiness really is not.  He just seems to come off that way.  Maybe he is, maybe he is not.  He's only human.  But like I said, who am I to judge?

<br />

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2008, 09:42:50 PM »

I think we should love macca for all that he has left behind. Good music, an eternity of Beatles legacy, one of the GREATEST bands ever, good children and an awareness of animal cruelty.
yes he could be big headed, but can't everyone be that way, he's just in the public eye. But then again, don't you think he deserves it?

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2008, 11:16:43 PM »

I don't understand how anyone handles fame well. It would completely rattle me. And at his level...jeez. I cut a lot of slack.

:)
'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

fan numero uno

• A Thousand Pages
  • they love me, they love me a lot. they love me....
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2008, 12:59:13 AM »

i cant believe that anyone could hate paul! i mean, not LOVING him maybe, but hatred? HATE is a strong word. really strong. its just not right, and besides, half of those things were rumurs! how can you justify that? (and this is not directed at ssarah, but whoever made the original)
Love the Beatles, and all shall be right.                avatar created by freakchic

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #150 on: April 30, 2008, 01:35:57 PM »

I wonder if Paul likes been hated a bit ? it kinda balances out the soft lovey - dovey image .

awc1967

• A Beginning
  • arrive without travelling
« Reply #151 on: May 07, 2008, 02:54:04 PM »

it's the hatred that makes them strive and create their art.
dali, picasso, were both hated but they used that negativeness to show up their critics.
 ;)
I've got a feeling,I think that everybody knows

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #152 on: May 07, 2008, 07:53:18 PM »

Quote from: 971
I wonder if Paul likes been hated a bit ? it kinda balances out the soft lovey - dovey image .

My impression is that he enjoys putting up a bit of a fight. Good on him.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 76 queries.