Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ringo on HBO  (Read 1967 times)

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
Ringo on HBO
« on: May 02, 2008, 08:25:19 AM »

Found this while surfing:

A BEATLE SHARES MEMORIES AND SECRETS WHEN THE SPECIAL RINGO STARR: OFF THE RECORD
HOSTED BY DAVE STEWART, DEBUTS MAY 2, EXCLUSIVELY ON HBO

A music legend shares memories and secrets from his life in the greatest rock 'n' roll band of all time when RINGO STARR: OFF THE RECORD debuts FRIDAY, MAY 2 (11:00-11:55 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO. In an intimate conversation hosted by fellow musician Dave Stewart, the Beatles' drummer discusses his career and influences, sharing stories from his childhood, the heyday of Beatlemania, the group's trip to India to meet the Maharishi, their breakup and his solo career as a touring musician. With an audience of musicians and fans looking on, Starr also demonstrates some of his iconic percussion riffs from the Beatles' classic recordings.

Other HBO playdates: May 11 (5:00 p.m.) and 15 (10:00 p.m.)

Host Dave Stewart is best known as one-half of Eurythmics, along with Annie Lennox; the duo's hits include "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)," "Here Comes the Rain Again" and "Would I Lie to You?" In addition to writing numerous songs with Lennox, he has also written with Mick Jagger, Bono, Sinead O'Connor, Bryan Ferry and Jon Bon Jovi, among others. Stewart's producing credits include Jon Bon Jovi, Bob Dylan, Eurythmics, Aretha Franklin, Mick Jagger, Tom Petty and Ramones.

One of the show's executive producers is Jimmy Iovine, who is chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M Records; among the company's artists are Mary J. Blige, Gwen Stefani, U2, Sting, Beck, 50 Cent and Eminem, among others. As a producer, Iovine's credits include hit albums by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, U2, Eurythmics, the Pretenders and Patti Smith.

Executive producer Howard Klein is an executive producer of "The Office" and was an executive producer of HBO's "Carnivale." Executive producer Jonathan Prince was the creator and an executive producer of the series "American Dreams."

The executive producers of RINGO STARR: OFF THE RECORD are Jimmy Iovine, Gene Kirkwood, Howard Klein, Jonathan Prince and Dave Stewart; co-executive producers, Mark Efman, Mark Farrell and Polly Anthony.

http://thebeatles.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?s=d9c8332a946710ecd3db97e833974015&showtopic=3157&st=0&p=4810&#entry4810

http://www.hbo.com/events/ringo-starr-off-the-record/index.html
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
Re: Ringo on HBO
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 03:37:39 AM »

WATCHING IT NOW!!

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 06:56:31 AM »

Awww, that was great! Ringo's so cool. I liked when he was showing how he worked out the drum parts to some songs. It was cute when he was talking about working with George on his stuff. George always wanting to put in something about Krishna or God. Heh. "I'd like to be in Krishna's garden." "Noo!!" Great interview.

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 03:29:29 PM »

oh I know the drums. and when he was talking about their crazy ideas. "sod it let's just walk across the road"

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 01:07:54 AM »

I hope they show it again or that I can watch it on On Demand.  I can't wait to see him live in July!
<br />

Sgt. Pepper 45822

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 04:26:44 AM »

I WISH I HAD HBO!!! SO SAD!!
[face=Geneva][size=18]Looking through the bent backed tulips <br />to see how the other half lives.[/size][/face]<br /><br />[img]http://www.beatles.com/hub/gfx/articles/yeloSub/The%20Beatles%20in%20Yellow%20Submarine

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 05:43:09 AM »

Quote from: 1204
I hope they show it again or that I can watch it on On Demand.  I can't wait to see him live in July!

I'm watching it again at the moment. That part just cracks me up! All their big ideas: coming out of a volcano, up on mountains, etc. then...ah, let's just walk over there! Then the fans: Look at what they thought of!!!

Ringo's great. Too funny.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 05:43:52 AM »

I'm watching it again at the moment. That part just cracks me up! All their big ideas: coming out of a volcano, up on mountains, etc. then...ah, let's just walk over there! Then the fans: Look at what they thought of!!!

Then the rooftop concert. Hawaii! Morocco! Aw, let's just go on the roof! I love them.

Ringo's great. Too funny.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 12:23:36 AM »

Yes I watched it last night!! I was about to go to bed but I saw it was on so I stayed up to watch it.  I am glad I did.  He is so layed-back and humorous, I love it!
<br />

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 01:45:50 AM »

He is so layed-back and humorous, I love it!

Agree; Ringo is usually a great interview.

Page created in 0.858 seconds with 60 queries.