Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: (special guest ex Wings star)Valfest 2008  (Read 1352 times)

Paul Doherty

• A Beginning
(special guest ex Wings star)Valfest 2008
« on: July 15, 2008, 01:33:43 PM »

Valfest - A Festival of Peace and Love

On Friday 8th August 2008,a new event takes place in Belfast run by local band The Vals.The event is Valfest - A Festival of Peace and Love.
Our aim is to bring all sections of the community together for a day of Music,Peace and Love,and to let local talent of all musical genre's and backgrounds showcase their talent.Not only to the people of Belfast but also to the many visitors to our city this summer.

Joining them will be living legend Henry McCullough who will headline the event with his band.Henry played the original 'Peace and Love' Festival Woodstock in 1969 with Joe Cocker(the only Irishman to do so) and was also a member of ex-Beatle Paul McCartney's band Wings.

All profit made from the vent will go to local organisation P.E.A.T,which stands for Parents Education as Autism Therapists.A worthy cause,as the organisation mainly relies on donations and funding to survive.

Valfest will be held at McCrory Park,Main Hall at O'Donnell's G.A.C in West Belfast,which has recently been newly refurbished,and is a perfect venue for such and event.

Our main reasons for running Valfest is that times are changing politically in our city and beyond,hopefully for the better,though as seen on our streets,much can be done to better the situation with on-going violence.We obviously cant change this but what we can do is show that we are a  great community with great people and that we do want to make a difference.

We don't have financial backing or sponsorship at all,but solely rely on our own willingness and the willingness of the local bands who have put themselves forward to represent Belfast and raise money and support for local charity.

West Belfast at times is 'starved' also of such showcase of local talent,so this year,and every year for the foreseeable future,we hope to rectify this through Valfest,where the people of Belfast van 'Come Together'.

So on August 8th we ask all to come to the show,let your hair down,dress up/down for the occasion,but most of all enjoy yourselves on what is going to be a memorable night.

Visit :  http://www.myspace.com/valfestpeaceandlove  

Email:  Valfestinfo@yahoo.com

Bobber

Re: (special guest ex Wings star)Valfest 2008
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 02:08:45 PM »

Nice one!

Paul Doherty

• A Beginning
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 09:47:50 AM »

I wonder will he let me do a version of 'My Love' with him? I'm just gonna ask....you dont ask you dont get......ha
''woah woah woah wooo...my love does it good''  ;D

Paul Doherty

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 03:23:08 PM »

Now added to the bill Eric Bell,founder and guitarist of Thin Lizzy

Page created in 0.351 seconds with 42 queries.