Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Paul's 2022 tour announced  (Read 2608 times)

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
Paul's 2022 tour announced
« on: February 18, 2022, 03:23:09 PM »

Woohoo!  Received and saw multiple posts on Paul's announced tour dates (there will be more, only a portion revealed).

I will be traveling to a city on the list coincidentally, need to figure out if the wife and kids can be convinced to go (again).

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
Re: Paul's 2022 tour announced
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 05:08:54 PM »

Grrrr, nothing even close to my area.  >:(

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 05:42:44 PM »

Dates for those wondering.
NORTH AMERICAN
TOUR 2022

Thursday 28 April - Spokane,WA - Spokane Arena
Monday 2 May - Seattle,WA - Climate Pledge Arena
Tuesday 3 May - Seattle,WA - Climate Pledge Arena
Friday 6 May - Oakland,CA - Oakland Arena
Friday 13 May - Los Angeles,CA - SoFi Stadium
Tuesday 17 May - Fort Worth,TX - Dickies Arena
Saturday 21 May - Winston Salem,NC - Truist Field
Wednesday 25 May - Hollywood,FL - Hard Rock Live
Saturday 28 May - Orlando,FL - Camping World Stadium
Tuesday 31 May - Knoxville,TN - Thompson Boling Arena
Saturday 4 June - Syracuse,NY - Carrier Dome
Tuesday 7 June - Boston,MA - Fenway Park
Sunday 12 June - Baltimore,MD - Oriole Park
Thursday 16 June - East Rutherford,NJ- Met Life Stadium

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 10:17:21 PM »

Thanks, Euan.

Here's how it appeared in the email Paul sent us this morning...

(Click on the image to see a full-size view)
I can stay till it's time to go

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 10:28:08 PM »

Grrrr, nothing even close to my area.  >:(

There will likely be more dates added to the rest of the year, maybe he will come close enough to you?  Where is close enough?

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 11:44:02 PM »

There will likely be more dates added to the rest of the year, maybe he will come close enough to you?  Where is close enough?

Probably Minnesota, perhaps Iowa. All the states surrounding North Dakota are also the ones artists rarely or never visit: Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota. The populations are just too small to make a concert worth it for them, I believe. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Minneapolis/St. Paul.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 11:03:00 AM »

so last week the family and I were headed to Maine to have wedding parties (actual wedding was in Dec) for my oldest and her husband.  I grew up in 'burbs of Boston so we decided two nights in Boston before going up to Maine would be great.  Then Paul's tour was announced and Fenway Park was one of the sites but the date didn't work for our planned trip, then he added a 2nd date, which did perfectly.  So me, my wife and 3 of my kids went to see him perform in Fenway.

While it was my 8th time seeing him, it was still incredible. I was worried because it was the 2nd day of back to back shows, thought that would impact his voice some.  It may have, there were only a couple of songs that I thought he sounded "off".

The playlist was great, as always, the tribute to John , singing I've got a feeling "with" John was great.  We were off to one side a bit , had the huge screen to watch but it did not provide all the same feeling as if you were in the center, what they projected behind them at times was different/better than what we saw on the giant screen.

Besides the huge excitement on anything Beatles, it struck me as funny that one of the loudest and most excited response to a song was Ob-la-di.  I've always liked it a lot, in fact had it on mix tapes, mix cd's and playlists for many many years.  Always felt like it was some kind of guilty pleasure, not sure why, maybe because I have read so much that the others didn't enjoy the recording of it too much.

Paul had some different and new stories, yeah, he had a few I had heard 7 times before too. 

The one song on the playlist I don't understand the appeal of him wanting to play it (with so many songs possible to replace it) is Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!  It gets Wix on the accordion, imagery of swirling/getting high kind of vibe - but not one that I have put on too many mix tapes over the years.

His band as always, was spectacular.  In fact, as Paul nears 80, I noticed he gave some parts to Rusty, most notably, the part when he switches to acoustic in middle of Band on the Run.  In the past he quickly would get handed the acoustic, hand back his electric and go right into that incredible acoustic strumming part.  This show Rusty had the acoustic and took over that part.

the show still is more than 2.5 hours, one tiny break to let the encore be an encore.  I will find some pics I took later tonight maybe and post some here.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 11:25:54 AM »

Sounds great BLM.  Thanks for the review.

I don’t get Mr Kite either. He’s been doing it for years in his set. As you say, so many songs of John’s he could do.

Glad his voice seems to be holding up.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2022, 02:59:05 PM »

Glad his voice seems to be holding up.

on that, I think he is catering the setlist more and more to what he can do, gone are Oh Darling and he used to do Yesterday and Eleanor Rigby.  He did a version of You never give me your money/Came in through the bathroom window which was cool.  with what is going on in the world, Back in the USSR is not getting played, normally a great favorite for him to include.

I think arrangements may be edited and how the others microphones come in stronger than prior years too, just my gut reaction.  It was all good though but still saw lots of reviews online about how he should retire. 

I continue to disagree.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2022, 03:56:47 PM »

blmeanie, thanks so much for sharing your experiences of the show. I'd been hoping you'd follow up. Glad you and your family had a good time.

I was frustrated to see that Paul played in my hometown of Syracuse, NY. If I'd thought to check on that, I may have gone. It would have been an expensive trip, but I know how to navigate the city (as opposed to, say, Minneapolis–St. Paul). Grr.

on that, I think he is catering the setlist more and more to what he can do, gone are Oh Darling and he used to do Yesterday and Eleanor Rigby. 

I was so surprised to read this that I actually looked up the Fenway Park set list because I thought I'd misunderstood. I would think Yesterday and Eleanor Rigby would be comparatively easier to sing? But I extend my usual caveat that I am not a musician, so there must be something I simply don't understand.

Besides the huge excitement on anything Beatles, it struck me as funny that one of the loudest and most excited response to a song was Ob-la-di.  I've always liked it a lot, in fact had it on mix tapes, mix cd's and playlists for many many years.  Always felt like it was some kind of guily pleasure, not sure why, maybe because I have read so much that the others didn't enjoy the recording of it too much.

I feel the same. I like the song but also have always viewed it as a guilty pleasure, for the reasons you mention. My best friend from high school used to roll her eyes whenever I played it and would remind me of how much the others, esp. John, hated it. I carried on anyway.

The one song on the playlist I don't understand the appeal of him wanting to play it (with so many songs possible to replace it) is Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!

Interesting. I would think that one would be difficult to perform live. I'll have to see if I can track down a YouTube video.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 06:17:54 PM »

My sister is going to MetLife Stadium to see Paul tonight. 

It's hard to believe that almost six years have passed since I took her to see him for her birthday...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjRopyf7wWU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjRopyf7wWU</a>

She'll be calling me tonight after the concert.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2022, 10:01:58 PM »

.  It was all good though but still saw lots of reviews online about how he should retire. 

I continue to disagree.

I was a bit like that after the pandemic. I thought maybe that was his time to hang up the Hofner. But now I think good on him and hope he continues as long as he likes. People are still glad to see the show, it’s clearly still a great show  and it’ll give more and more people the chance to say they saw him.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2022, 10:55:56 PM »

so for my next story from the show is a little personal but here goes anyway -

one of my sons has autism, he is low-mid functioning, verbal but educationally challenged as well.

He is 22 and has been to see Paul pre-covid as a teenager.  He loves listening to music with headphones, loves the Beatles as I have raised him correctly.  All good.

So we announce a month or so ago to the 3 kids that will join us for the Boston portion of the trip that we are going to see Paul.
Two are excited but my autistic son begins a month long -"do I have to go?" daily nagging.  We say yes...

up until the morning of the show, my wife and I debated letting him stay in the hotel, with strict rules of course. 

His biggest concerns were around the cannons firing and fireworks during Live and Let Die.  Again, he knows how the song goes, has been to his concert before, knows it would be coming and when...yet...

So the morning of the show, we decide it will be better to let him miss the show.  Better for him, better for us.  No melt-down mid-show.

I reached out to 4 friends in the Boston area (I grew up there) and came up empty with a person to sit in the seat.  It was short notice and two of the 4 had gone the night before too.  I totally understood but if someone offered me a free ticket, even if I went the night before I was there buying them beer, whatever they wanted.

Great show as I mentioned, we get back to hotel, check in on him and he asks how the concert was, we all say great and he had no remorse at missing it.  Some things in life you cannot explain.

video I took is one of my favorites live, wonderful song
https://youtu.be/eCZ6Rc1i9fI

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2022, 12:21:15 AM »

I was a bit like that after the pandemic. I thought maybe that was his time to hang up the Hofner. But now I think good on him and hope he continues as long as he likes. People are still glad to see the show, it’s clearly still a great show  and it’ll give more and more people the chance to say they saw him.

I think Paul should carry on as long as he wants. He obviously loves doing it, not for financial reasons (although earning $2 million a show isnt to be sneered at). Hope he comes to Brisbane some time then I can see him live.

Maybe if tickets go unsold then he should think about retiring. cant see that happening though.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2022, 01:32:47 AM »

so for my next story from the show is a little personal but here goes anyway -

one of my sons has autism, he is low-mid functioning, verbal but educationally challenged as well.

He is 22 and has been to see Paul pre-covid as a teenager.  He loves listening to music with headphones, loves the Beatles as I have raised him correctly.  All good.

So we announce a month or so ago to the 3 kids that will join us for the Boston portion of the trip that we are going to see Paul.
Two are excited but my autistic son begins a month long -"do I have to go?" daily nagging.  We say yes...

up until the morning of the show, my wife and I debated letting him stay in the hotel, with strict rules of course. 

His biggest concerns were around the cannons firing and fireworks during Live and Let Die.  Again, he knows how the song goes, has been to his concert before, knows it would be coming and when...yet...

So the morning of the show, we decide it will be better to let him miss the show.  Better for him, better for us.  No melt-down mid-show.

I reached out to 4 friends in the Boston area (I grew up there) and came up empty with a person to sit in the seat.  It was short notice and two of the 4 had gone the night before too.  I totally understood but if someone offered me a free ticket, even if I went the night before I was there buying them beer, whatever they wanted.

Great show as I mentioned, we get back to hotel, check in on him and he asks how the concert was, we all say great and he had no remorse at missing it.  Some things in life you cannot explain.

video I took is one of my favorites live, wonderful song
https://youtu.be/eCZ6Rc1i9fI

No, there are some things in life you cannot explain but you've shown that there are some things in life you understand very well.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2022, 11:03:15 AM »

No, there are some things in life you cannot explain but you've shown that there are some things in life you understand very well.

I've read this a few times now, believe I need to thank you, not entirely sure though...

Last night's tour finally - Springsteen sang two songs with Paul, Glory Days and I wanna be a Man, then Jon Bon Jovi sang birthday with Paul.  Nice +2 for the final show.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2022, 08:51:38 PM »

I've read this a few times now, believe I need to thank you, not entirely sure though...

You're humble, blmeanie.  I was paying you and your family the ultimate compliment.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2022, 09:01:57 PM »

You're humble, blmeanie.  I was paying you and your family the ultimate compliment.

I recognize that but not entirely sure we deserve it.  Thanks.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2022, 11:38:05 PM »

I recognize that but not entirely sure we deserve it.  Thanks.

Yes, you do.

My sister enjoyed Paul's concert at MetLife Stadium last night, the same venue I took her to see Paul on her birthday six years ago.

There's nothing up on YouTube yet but here's the full concert at the Oakland Arena on 5/8/22...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gkcc6Ogjko" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gkcc6Ogjko</a>

icon_good

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
Kevin

All You Need Is Love
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.961 seconds with 74 queries.