Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Author Topic: Football!  (Read 24739 times)

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
  • Don't take it from the top
Re: Football!
« Reply #100 on: June 30, 2006, 06:23:32 PM »

Quote from: Biscuit_Power

Germany won't beat Argentina.

I think they just did..... ;D :B

Bobber

« Reply #101 on: June 30, 2006, 06:52:47 PM »

What was the fuzz about at the end of the match?

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2006, 06:26:56 PM »

That Germany and Argentina game was an awsome game. Shame Argentina lost:(

Too bad about England though huh? I think in that the refs gave England that penalty kick against Ecuador. It should have went another 30 mins. That penalty kick was a complete garbage call. Well England got what they deserved against Portugal:)

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2006, 06:44:26 PM »

yeah, what a shame that Argentina lost (whoppee, ahem...sorry, but I think they deserved it....and oh yes, there's another reason.....I'm German)
The fuzz at the end wouldn't have been if Argentinia weren't that bad a loser

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #104 on: July 01, 2006, 06:48:17 PM »

S H I T !!!!!

Kate

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #105 on: July 01, 2006, 06:50:28 PM »

you said it Al. My better half said almost the same...lots of f-words and swearing going on here, that's why I'm at the computer right now.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #106 on: July 01, 2006, 09:01:34 PM »

my god! i actually witnessed France winning something...do i feel the ground opening up beneth me... ;D
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #107 on: July 01, 2006, 10:20:35 PM »

I'm really sorry for you English people, England were my third favorite country after Holland and Australia.

And I hope Christiano Ronaldo gets both his legs broken at the first Man Utd training.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #108 on: July 01, 2006, 10:23:08 PM »

And ladies and gentlemen: hell has just frozen over.

Because I actually wouldn't mind if Germany would win the tournament now. If that means they'll kick Italy's and Portugal's asses, I'm fine with it.

ringo rules

• Getting Better
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2006, 01:07:43 AM »

Yep amazing isnt it biscuit but I will be supporting Germany now as well!

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #110 on: July 02, 2006, 02:05:14 AM »

Quote from: somedude210
my god! i actually witnessed France winning something...do i feel the ground opening up beneth me... ;D

France is actually one of the better teams in the world. They beat Brazil in the 1998 world cup, then 4 years later Brazil took it back. France actually have been champions more than once. I hate the fact that France beat Brazil today >:( I wanted Brazil to win the whole thing. I don't know why it would be a suprise that France actually won, they are a good team. They dominated Brazil today :'(

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #111 on: July 02, 2006, 03:01:29 AM »

well, a. i'm new to this whole thing and b. i cant resist making a "france cant win" joke
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2006, 05:07:04 AM »

I hope I didn't offend you in my post. Its okay that you're new in soccer but a "France can't win" joke isn't really necessary. I live in florida so that obviously makes me American, but whats with the stupid beef Americans got with the french? All this stupid french bashing happened after 9/11, people even went as far as changing french fries to "Freedom fries". We are really proving how much better we are than the french by doing something as stupid as that. First of all America wouldn't be the land of the free without France. They helped us defeat the british in the revolutionary war. If anyone is mad that I've strayed off topic than I'll go back to the topic by saying, if you are going to make a joke you should have made about America's soccer team cause they are a joke. France would destroy America in a game of soccer.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2006, 08:47:21 AM »

I agree with Wordno's post here.

France won the European championships of 1984 and 2000 and the World Cup in 1998. Two of the world's greatest football players ever, Michel Platini and Zinedine Zidane, are French. And the French national competition is probably among the world's 5 best football competitions.

And another thing: if you'd ever been in France, you wouldn't talk that way about France. It's without a doubt one of the most beautiful countries on the planet, Paris is probably the most fascinating city on earth and the French aren't nearly as bad a some people would like to think they are.

I'm sorry to see that Bush's absurd anti-France campaign apparently to some degree worked.

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2006, 10:14:05 AM »

Just for a jest :)

Things said about France and the French:

'When God created France, he realised  that He had gone overboard in creating  the most perfect  place on Earth. So to balance it out, he created the French people' (Anon)

'The reason French streets have trees planted down both sides is that the Germans like to march in the shade' (Anon)

'We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France' (The Duke of Wellington)

'The French are just useless. They can't organise a p*ss-up in a brewery' (Elton John)
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2006, 01:56:53 PM »

I hope Rooney knocks Ronaldo the f*** out. GAH!

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2006, 05:08:34 PM »

Why? What was Ronaldo suppose to do? His teamate just got stomped on. Rooney is a F*cking jerk. I hate that guy.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2006, 05:14:50 PM »

Quote from: Wordno
Why? What was Ronaldo suppose to do? His teamate just got stomped on. Rooney is a F*cking jerk. I hate that guy.

So perhaps you could explain why Ronaldo whispered to Rooney before the kick-off that he would get him sent off. And then after the sending off Ronaldo winked at Scolari. Job done perhaps?

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #118 on: July 02, 2006, 09:10:32 PM »

Why? What was Ronaldo suppose to do?

He shouldn't have asked the ref to give him a red card. That's always cowardish. Especially because Rooney's his teammate most of the year.

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #119 on: July 02, 2006, 11:02:34 PM »

I hope I didn't offend you in my post. Its okay that you're new in soccer but a "France can't win" joke isn't really necessary. I live in florida so that obviously makes me American, but whats with the stupid beef Americans got with the french? All this stupid french bashing happened after 9/11, people even went as far as changing french fries to "Freedom fries". We are really proving how much better we are than the french by doing something as stupid as that. First of all America wouldn't be the land of the free without France. They helped us defeat the british in the revolutionary war. If anyone is mad that I've strayed off topic than I'll go back to the topic by saying, if you are going to make a joke you should have made about America's soccer team cause they are a joke. France would destroy America in a game of soccer.

well France has a history of being ungrateful to...well anyone. just look at their resentment when an american won their bike race 7 years in a row. they just dont like it when people help them or dominate them in their own concepts. and do i have to bring up the fact that they are the best trained military in the world and yet the can never win a war? During world war 2, they refused to let the americans and british march into paris because they wanted to look like they liberated their own people.

there was a great thing online about the results of every war the french fought that was absolutely hilarious

during the european industrial revolution, they refused to adapt and ending up revolting because they allowed themselves to starve and blamed the government even though the king was pushing them to shift themselves to potatos in order to survive the harsh winters.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 25

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 78 queries.