Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Headphone "Heaven"  (Read 1429 times)

apple sauce

• Getting Better
Headphone "Heaven"
« on: May 01, 2005, 02:04:50 PM »

Just listened to my Sgt. Pepper cd on my headphones and found that it bleeds out certain parts of songs which gives them an entirley different sound!!!!!!! On the opening you hear the guys singing and then their voices tale off and all you hear is the notes being played on their guitars so you can actually pick up the progression from one note to another! On Fixing A Hole it sounds like Paul is singing in a empty room so his voice sounds really echo like. The bass notes and lead guitar parts are split equally giving the song a sound like you are in the room while their recording the song!! On LSD you can hear John's voice without any background music pure and very very clear then the music cuts in like they turned on that part of the tracking board! This is the only cd that splits the parts of songs up so they sound very clear and it gives you a totally different feel for each of the songs! It's almost like hearing them record only certain tracks of the song which makes them sound totally different!!!!!!!

Lostio

• Getting Better
Re: Headphone "Heaven"
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 12:00:56 AM »

Try checking the battery of your walkman. ;D

Actually, I never really tried listening to them on a walkman, but I did hear them with headphones and never noticed such a change. The talent is so great in the songs I just sit there and listen to them in great meditation.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 12:16:25 PM »

It sounds like your headphones may be out of 'phase' - it's where the polarities are inverted which cancels everything recorded centrally in the stereo image. It is really interesting though! Have a listen to The White Album - there's all sorts of 'hidden' stuff on there - especially Ob La di Ob La Da. :)

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 07:22:29 PM »

I noticed a lot of new things when I first listened to the albums on headphones. For instance:

On Sgt Pepper (Reprise) just after the 1, 2, 3, 4! John says 'byeee'.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 12:19:12 AM »

Yes I'm somewhat sceptical that it's my headphones because all my other cds play fine through the stereo! The cd is a burnt copy so it may be something with it's recording of it! The voices sound like they are right next to you and the music just seems to come in like it's off a sound board! I heard that when the Beatles recorded this LP they only had a 4 track system and when being interviewed about it they said it took a long time to record in contrast to todays recording boards?

JonnyMoondog

• A Beginning
  • I am he.
    • Music Site
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2005, 02:39:48 PM »

Do you hear John or someone doing a pop noise with their mouth in Lovely Rita? Just listen to one speaker at a time and you'll find it sitting in there quiet clear... but when the song is played back on both speakers it's much harder to hear. A bit like when John says "f***in hell" in Hey Jude.
http://www.suedeapple.co.uk/rev - Check it out, it's my website.

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 06:23:38 PM »

I've noticed that songs sound differently through headphone.

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 01:07:16 PM »

There was a big deal over the CD release in 1987 because CDs hadn't been around that long, but mainly because it was billed as a big thing because it was released 'twenty years ago today'. I remember reading among all the media hype at the time that they wanted to do a really good job of transferring it to digital, partly because it's widely considered as the Beatles' finest album, and they certainly succeeded. The sound clarity is fantastic, and the 'pop' sound is very clear through my speakers. In the animal noises at the end of Good Morning, the crackles of the record they were taken from are also audible. On the cassette I had of it previously the crackles couldn't be heard at all.
All You Need Is LOVE!

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 07:59:10 PM »

Quote from: 23
Just listened to my Sgt. Pepper cd on my headphones and found that it bleeds out certain parts of songs which gives them an entirley different sound!!!!!!! On the opening you hear the guys singing and then their voices tale off and all you hear is the notes being played on their guitars so you can actually pick up the progression from one note to another! On Fixing A Hole it sounds like Paul is singing in a empty room so his voice sounds really echo like. The bass notes and lead guitar parts are split equally giving the song a sound like you are in the room while their recording the song!! On LSD you can hear John's voice without any background music pure and very very clear then the music cuts in like they turned on that part of the tracking board! This is the only cd that splits the parts of songs up so they sound very clear and it gives you a totally different feel for each of the songs! It's almost like hearing them record only certain tracks of the song which makes them sound totally different!!!!!!!

Are you talking about when you take off one headphone? if so i think i kno what you mean. Try listening to revolution with just the left headphone in.... crazy!

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 11:16:56 PM »

Quote from: 23

I like that but when you listen to some songs. esp. for me in class I can only sneakily listen with one headphone, you have to keep changing which you're listening with so you can hear the words. But once you've found which one is it it sounds AWESOME.

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 60 queries.