Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl in Feb. Nylon Mag  (Read 2408 times)

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl in Feb. Nylon Mag
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:45:23 PM »

I can't find any pictures of the shoot online, or the article, so I'll retype the interview but here is one picture of the two of them courtesy of Nylonmag.com

How did you meet?
Sean: We met at Coachella
Charlotte: Oh Go, it was so surreal, that memory.
Sean: Yeah you remember me as being fully dressed in a three-piece suit. But I wasn't. I was actually wearing a T-shirt--it was 100 degrees! She has a closet full of reconstructed memories.

What did you do for a first date?
Sean: We went to a friend's farm in Pennsylvania--we just had a weekend running around, painting, singing, and going through the forest. It was really romantic and fun.
Charlotte: We broke into a graveyard, and took a bunch of Polaroids of me climbing topless on tombstones.
Sean: The problem was that I was on tour, so I felt heartbroken-I met this girl that I wanted to spend time with, and I couldn't. So the band was actually a great solution, because it's nice to have a partner who's not just a romantic partner, but who's [also] your life partner, your creative partner.

Do you ever wear each other's clothing?
Sean: She steals stuff from my closet all the time!
Charlotte: We hvae the same size shoe embarrassingly, so I wear his shoes all the time. Especially since he doesn't like me wearing high heels.
Sean: Well, it's hard to kiss you when you're in high heels.

What's the songwriting process like with your band?
Charlotte: We're normally in bed or in the closet writing--he has racks of suits and a hidden little piano in the middle. He'll write an A section, and I'll write a B section. Then we'll write the chorus together.
Sean: Sometimes we'll write where she's conducting me while I'm on guitar, if we're too lazy to get out of bed. And then sometimes she'll have a piece she's completely written on bass or piano, and then I'll modify it. So we don't just do it one way.

Now that you're working together, what has surprised you most about each other?
Sean: Just that her talent is always shocking and unexpected.
Charlotte: I paid him $5 to say that.
Sean: No, it's true! She didn't really play music before I met her. I've worked with a lot of people who were learning to play, and she just has the fasted learning curve of anyone I've met. Like, she really learned to play the piano incredibly well within a year.

What's your faovrite thing about each other?
Sean: I've never really worked with anyone so much artistically, and it's great. It's intersting, because my dad has Paul McCartney for most of his career, and it never occured to me that he had someone to work with and make his ideas better. Now that I have that, I feel like, wow! It's so much better to have someone to really team up with and figure out how to improve what you're doing.
Charlotte: Yeah, having a partner in crime is really helpful.

-Rebecca Willa Davis

I bolded what I thought was the most interesting part. I seriously hope he was not actually comparing himself to Lennon/McCartney. Honestly, they both come across and pretentious and annoying to me, but that's just my opinion. The fashion editorial that accompanied the article was actually really good, they really tried to play up Sean's likeness to his dad though.

The name's Emily :)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

cubanheel

• Getting Better
Re: Sean Lennon and Charlotte Kemp Muhl in Feb. Nylon Mag
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 10:06:38 PM »

I think they had a bet on about how many times they could use the word 'closet' in one interview.  Coiuld they get back into the closet now, please?  I quite agree, pretentious and annoying.
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 39 queries.