Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stan Culture  (Read 3708 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Stan Culture
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2021, 02:32:31 AM »

I forgot to say, those photos! I've never seen so many wide-open mouths in my life.  ha2ha

Mary Poppins would have disapproved.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 02:57:34 AM by Moogmodule »

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2021, 02:59:44 AM »

Interesting. I'm sure I've read the story of him buying the copies of Love Me Do in order to boost its chart performance at least three times, but other than Shout! I can't remember which books mentioned it. 

I had no idea the charts did not function on the basis of sales, so thanks for clarifying.

Yes I’ve read it several places. I think first in Shout. But how much was just one article repeating another it’s hard to know. It’s also one of those stories people like to believe as it seems the sort of thing people will do.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2021, 09:01:34 PM »

George Martin said that on tour people were constantly bringing paraplegics to meet The Beatles in the hopes that the lads could cure their friends and family members through their ineffable stardom. He said, "It was like Jesus almost." Or, you know, bigger. 

I haven’t ever seen George Martin quoted saying that. It doesn’t quite seem his type of thing to say. But he did have a dry sense of humour so it’s hard to know for sure.

I'm not sure who said what but we do know that John once mocked the mentally and physically disabled on stage...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kJ9vWUp9Ao" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kJ9vWUp9Ao</a>

:(

I can stay till it's time to go
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.269 seconds with 38 queries.