Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Which album shows more of what the Beatles were?  (Read 12286 times)

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Which album shows more of what the Beatles were?
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2007, 11:52:56 AM »

The White Album

For the most part they put what they wanted on this album

8)

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2007, 11:35:08 AM »

i voted other as it was available to choose and would say either the red and blue albums or 1 album to introduce the beatles if they dont get into the beatles from listening to those then theres no way they'll dig the albums if i wasnt able to choose those and it had to one of there albums id choose rubber soul or revolver psychadelic enough for them to dig future albums but still poppy enough for them dig there moptop albums, they might not get the earlier beatles work aswell if they were introduced to the beatles with sgt peppers or abbey road where as rubber souls is happy medium

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2007, 12:17:55 PM »

Very nice answer, Fendertele! You're spot on for me. My first Beatles album I ever bought was the Red album. The next was Love (it was on sale). ;) What a slippery slope that was. You should see my collection now!  ;D
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »

I've always assumed that the question didn't include compilations, as they would obviously come out on top. That's just too easy.

fendertele

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Confusion will be my epitaph"
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2007, 12:36:01 PM »

yeah if other only refers to albums and not compilations ill go with rubber soul or revolver they show enough to understand where they may have came from and enough to show whats to come

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2007, 03:46:01 PM »

Quote from: 483
I've always assumed that the question didn't include compilations, as they would obviously come out on top. That's just too easy.
Some of us need easy answers, Blue Meanie. Otherwise we'd obsess for days!  ;D

I honestly don't remember what I put, but I think it was either Revolver or Rubber Soul.

All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2008, 03:38:46 AM »

Since the question is "Beatles feeling," I'm going to say A Hard Day's Night. They made more accomplished albums later, but for me this one crystallizes their early sound at the time of their greatest impact: brash, exuberant, vigorous, and young. It's still a delight every time I play it, and I've been playing it since about 1980!

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2008, 08:20:17 AM »

Ive gone with " Rubber Soul " for me they really come into there own on this album .

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2008, 03:29:55 PM »

Quote from: 971
Ive gone with " Rubber Soul " for me they really come into there own on this album .

I agree! and the songwriting got more important specially in songs like In My Life.

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

BlueMeanie

« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2008, 03:46:29 PM »

I can't remember what I chose. Revolver has everything and more besides. But I'd go for A Hard Day's Night, not just because it's my favourite Beatles album, but more than anything, it defines a whole era. I think they'll always be remembered for Beatlemania more than anything else.

akire74

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2008, 03:45:25 AM »

Quote from: 668
The White Album

For the most part they put what they wanted on this album

8)

I Love the White Album...in fact its my favorite of them all and I also understand that this is opinions only but I feel the opposite that you do.  The White Album doesn't seem to fit the topic for me because it was so individually driven.  This whole album was less about the group as a whole than it was about individual efforts.  Its a fantastic album despite that.  But....

I would have to say that A Hard Days Night defined them as a band.  It was an album (I think their first) that contained all original compositions and even though we're not talking about Sgt. Pepper level experimenting, they tried new things and created a unique sound.  Also it feels to me like that album marked the beginning of true Beatlemania and it was the defining music on that album that created that mania.  

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2008, 08:12:44 PM »

For me it`s A Hard Day`s Night, cause it is right in the middle of Beatlemania, screaming and dancing, full of ideas, hopes, changing England...and the songs are sunny, optimistic, youthful...

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2008, 09:52:57 PM »

My vote is for 'Revolver' as it contains such a wide diversity of styles, bridging the earlier and later periods perfectly. There is good hard rocking, fine balladeering, and tasty foreshadowings of the psychedelic era that followed. Though not my #1 fave, I think it represents them as a whole very well.

:)

'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

Casbah

• A Beginning
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2009, 03:00:48 AM »

Im going with Hard Days Night also, for all the reasons listed above.

"Someone told me a few minutes ago they saw John walking on the street once wearing a button saying "I Love Paul." And this girl said she asked him, "Why are you wearing a button that says ' I Love Paul'? He said "Because I love Paul."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.327 seconds with 73 queries.