Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Lennon The Tribute Magazine  (Read 1458 times)

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Lennon The Tribute Magazine
« on: October 17, 2010, 01:56:29 PM »

Lennon The Tribute a tribute magazine by The Daily Mirror is released and available at WHSmith. I picked up mine this morning.

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bobber

Re: Lennon The Tribute Magazine
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010, 01:05:59 PM »

What is it about? Any special things?

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 03:48:31 PM »

I picked up two John Lennon Q magazines. Both were basically all of his Yoko, New York, 70s days, which seem to comprise about 90 % of all reportage about John these days. John's cousin Stan e-mailed me about it. After all, John lived 28 years before he met Yoko and they were his formative years, the years in which he created great songs and certainly wrote his best humourous written works. I've just received a lengthy e-mail from John's other cousin David, who sent me all details of the Cottage, one of John's early homes. In  fact, I discovered recently in Liverpool that when the current owner was knocking down a wall for an extension and found an old fireplace, it had the initials JL scratched on it.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 11:58:52 PM »

What is it about? Any special things?

Basaically it has some nice pictures from John from 1969-1980 and some interesting stories. Theres abit near the end that has a few folk saying were they were and Madonna says she was very nearby she said she just moved to NY and was a few blocks from John and heard sirons ans saw a crowd and she told them what was wrong and they told them John had been shot.

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 06:58:42 AM »

I picked up two John Lennon Q magazines. Both were basically all of his Yoko, New York, 70s days, which seem to comprise about 90 % of all reportage about John these days.

We need more stories from you from the good old days Bill. You can be the inspiration for people like Eric Krasker, digging in the old stuff from the early sixties.

Page created in 1.282 seconds with 43 queries.