Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Favourite Moments from Get Back (Spoiler Edition)  (Read 5179 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Favourite Moments from Get Back (Spoiler Edition)
« on: December 01, 2021, 02:13:46 AM »

I thought it would be fun to see what people chose as highlight moments from the three episodes. I titled it spoilers so if people don't want to know everything that goes on they can wait til they've seen it.

OK I'll lead off with some off top of my head:

Paul referring to George's Hare Krishna friend, who was sitting quietly in the studio, as very clean.

Paul asking John if he's written anything more and Michael Lindsay Hogg getting the large boom mike above them to capture the interaction, with John and Paul then acting it up for the cameras

George's boots in episode 2

Georges suit in Episode 3

Paul showing them Let it Be

Paul showing them Get Back

Paul showing them Another Day

Paul showing them Back Seat of My car

Paul showing the young guy how he writes.

Mal's joy at playing the anvil for Maxwell

John teasing Heather about eating cats

The studio staff commandeering their instruments when the Beatles had gone and trying to play something.

Ringo replying laconically when asked if he liked India "not very much no."

Billy Preston pretty much every time he's on camera.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 03:13:51 AM by Moogmodule »
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Re: Favourite Moments from Get Back (Spoiler Edition)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 10:06:50 AM »

Mine were
John talking to Heather about Cats
Heather’s face while watching Yoko scream
Heather imitating Yoko’s scream
John joking with The Beatles causing them to laugh and Yoko replies why is everyone laughing?
Paul swinging on the chains
That’s all I can think so far.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 12:13:50 PM »

so much, hard to think, but...

Heather and the cats exchange with John mostly
when heather was imitating yoko and John swung his head and inquired, "yoko?"

George's slippers or whatever along with the suit in ep 3

The quality and length of the rooftop, Debbie stalling with something different every time the police asked something else, Mal stalling multiple times too

I rather enjoyed the beginnings of old brown shoe, the chord riff George came up with on piano is a very fun riff

Heather playing alongside Ringo and Ringo not caring, beautiful

Others have said it, but amazed that during this month long recording, and nearing the end of their time together, George was about to turn 26 and the others were 27, 28 at that point?  How crazy is that when you look at them.  Ringo admitting he farted was so "a bunch of guys in their 20's" moment.

agree with many on your list Moog,

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2021, 02:40:31 PM »

Mal's joy at playing the anvil for Maxwell

Watching Mal do that brought a big smile to my face. Sheer pleasure.

I agree with several of the moments already listed in this thread and would add another:

John joking to George Martin (I think it was GM) "I've had a lot of wine—remember Bob Wooler!", or something to that effect.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 03:22:40 PM by Normandie »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2021, 03:26:07 PM »

Others have said it, but amazed that during this month long recording, and nearing the end of their time together, George was about to turn 26 and the others were 27, 28 at that point?  How crazy is that when you look at them.  Ringo admitting he farted was so "a bunch of guys in their 20's" moment.

I never cease to be amazed at how young they were as they produced these—what I would call—masterpieces. I always tend to think of them as being older, but then the reality of how young they were intrudes and I'm even more impressed.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 08:07:10 PM »

John joking to George Martin (I think it was GM) "I've had a lot of wine—remember Bob Wooler!", or something to that effect.

That was great. Some reviewer said it makes his heartfelt apology to Wooler at the time  (which was probably written by Brian anyway) sound a bit hollow.

So many references to earlier times as they rehearse. I did laugh when Paul said they were just like old age pensioners. “Remember when we used to rock”.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 08:12:14 PM »

I rather enjoyed the beginnings of old brown shoe, the chord riff George came up with on piano is a very fun riff

That was a nice moment. Paul and Billy seemed to get right into it. Also George asking Billy. “What’s this chord, E with a C, I’ve done an E with and F, that was fun.”

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 08:21:00 PM »

Another  interesting moment is when Glyn Johns is trying to (gently) warn John about Klein. John is besotted by then though. He does the hard sell job  to George and Ringo when Paul is out of the room.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 09:25:27 PM »

Another  interesting moment is when Glyn Johns is trying to (gently) warn John about Klein. John is besotted by then though. He does the hard sell job  to George and Ringo when Paul is out of the room.

That jumped out at me as well. Glyn was pretty clear, but seems John just didn't want to hear his message.

It was also nice to put a face to a name with Glyn Johns as he has worked with The Who, so I've seen him mentioned quite a bit in my Who reading.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 09:58:36 PM »

That jumped out at me as well. Glyn was pretty clear, but seems John just didn't want to hear his message.

It was also nice to put a face to a name with Glyn Johns as he has worked with The Who, so I've seen him mentioned quite a bit in my Who reading.

And what a dresser. He made George look conservative.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 10:36:16 PM »

And what a dresser. He made George look conservative.

Yes indeed. I was very impressed by his, George's, and Ringo's fashion choices. So vibrant.  :)

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 10:56:22 PM »

I must admit I didnt like how John kept calling Glyn, Glynis (a girls name) I thought it was very disrespectful.

Ringo was very impressive throughout. The way he played piano with Paul and added a beat as they tried to work out tunes. His even disposition. Ringo today is a “peace and love” cliché but in the film his skills as a musician, human being and band member are on full display. In a band with 3 large egos, Ringo was down to earth, with endless patience.

Loved Pauls Elvis impersonation in Ep 1 “you and I have memories…”
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 11:24:54 PM by nimrod »
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2021, 10:59:25 PM »

Here's Rick Beato's reaction.

https://youtu.be/qzihz9k2B1E
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 11:05:57 PM »

found this video of "Kevin's" memories of holding the words for John on the rooftop.  Kevin being the roadie , the ginger roadie.  What great experiences for so many. 

Someone called out when the crew are all playing the Beatles instruments.  How fun but how busted to be on video doing it...lol.

Also - no one has mentioned but I keep wondering the progression of the career of Alan Parsons...as a tape operator it said.  So who knows his story?  Like his facial expressions didn't give him away as in awe (don't play him in poker).  Through his career - he was more than a producer right?  I thought I've heard somewhere that he played in bands including the Alan Parsons Project, right?

What a time to be part of all that, maybe not all good but like, is Debbie still alive?  What are her memories.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 11:24:57 PM »

I must admit I didnt like how John kept calling Glyn, Glynis (a girls name) I thought it was very disrespectful.

Ringo was very impressive throughout. The way he played piano with Paul and added a beat as they tried to work out tunes. His even disposition. Ringo today is a “peace and love” cliché but in the film his skills as a musician, human being and band member are on full display. In a band with 3 large egos, Ringo was down to earth, with endless patience.

Loved Pauls Elvis impersonation in Ep 1

Yep Ringo was just so solid and down to earth. He was even Linda and Yokos favourite. He may have been lucky to be in the Beatles but they definitely got the perfect guy for them.

Paul’s voices are pretty funny.  His Half a Pound of Greasepaint rendition in some sort of cockney was good fun.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2021, 11:26:12 PM »

Yep Ringo was just so solid and down to earth. He was even Linda and Yokos favourite. He may have been lucky to be in the Beatles but they definitely got the perfect guy for them.

Paul’s voices are pretty funny.  His Half a Pound of Greasepaint rendition in some sort of cockney was good fun.

“you and I have memories…” in his Elvis voice  ha2ha
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2021, 12:00:53 AM »

found this video of "Kevin's" memories of holding the words for John on the rooftop.  Kevin being the roadie , the ginger roadie.  What great experiences for so many. 

Ah, I was wondering who that was!

I also noted they were drinking Deinhard Reisling, which he seemed to be continually pouring for them. (I had to Google that, of course.) Man after my own heart.  ;)

Also - no one has mentioned but I keep wondering the progression of the career of Alan Parsons...as a tape operator it said.  So who knows his story?  Like his facial expressions didn't give him away as in awe (don't play him in poker).  Through his career - he was more than a producer right?  I thought I've heard somewhere that he played in bands including the Alan Parsons Project, right?

I was going to address this. I've read a bit about him in some recent books (the exact titles are failing me at the moment). I'm assuming he is the same one as in the Alan Parsons Project, but the only song of theirs with which I am familiar is Eye in the Sky. I've been meaning to read up on him and learn more.

Loved Pauls Elvis impersonation in Ep 1 “you and I have memories…”

Agreed. I think he does a mean Elvis.  :)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2021, 12:04:26 AM »

Another favorite moment of mine is when Paul shares the old set list taped to his Hofner. That was in Episode 1, I believe.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2021, 02:08:02 AM »

and is there a story on the sticker on Paul's base, "batsman" ?

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2021, 03:09:00 AM »

and is there a story on the sticker on Paul's base, "batsman" ?

It’s Bassman isn’t it?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.982 seconds with 70 queries.