Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ancient Beatles TV interview  (Read 1818 times)

Ancient Beatles TV interview
« on: May 27, 2007, 01:45:55 PM »

I'm searching for an old tv interview the Beatles gave for their fans in Newcastle.  The fans were gathered in the Majestic Ballroom, Newcastle upon Tyne and were able to put their qestions to the Beatles via a link to the TV studio.  This was probably in the 60s or early 70s and would have been in black and white.  I believe Tyne Tees Television repeated it the night John died. I know it existed because I was the fan
who asked John Lennon "Why he didn't wear his glasses on stage".  

Does this ring any bells with Beatles fans ?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

raxo

• Sun King
Re: Ancient Beatles TV interview
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 07:07:55 PM »

I'm curious about this ... I'll research!

Welcome to the forums, TyneLiz ... hope you'll enjoy them! :)

Revolution

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 07:12:39 PM »

Quote from: 718
I'm searching for an old tv interview the Beatles gave for their fans in Newcastle.  The fans were gathered in the Majestic Ballroom, Newcastle upon Tyne and were able to put their qestions to the Beatles via a link to the TV studio.  This was probably in the 60s or early 70s and would have been in black and white.  I believe Tyne Tees Television repeated it the night John died. I know it existed because I was the fan
who asked John Lennon "Why he didn't wear his glasses on stage".  

Does this ring any bells with Beatles fans ?

yOU GOT TO ASK jOHN A QUESTION?????? :o 8)

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 07:54:22 PM »

Revolution

I did get to speak to him -  but it is  a shame  we weren't under the same roof.  Then I really would have something to brag about !!!

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 08:58:21 PM »

WELCOME TYNELIZ TO THE FORUMS! ENJOY! ;)

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Bobber

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 12:29:50 PM »

I have contacted Tony, known here as maccalennon. Tony is currently uploading his complete video-archive to his harddisc and youtube. He has a lot and I've asked him if this particular piece of television was known to him. His answer, and I quote:

This doesnt ring any bells with me bobber although i have only posted the tip of the iceberg so far, i still have tons of stuff to go through.

I have all the stuff that was broadcasted on 9/12/80 and i will be posting it up soon.
Back then we had only 3 TV channels BBC 1, BBC2 and ITV. Of these the BBC channels were nationwide but ITV was regionalised (its not now) with each area of the UK receiving its own programming. Tyne Tees TV served the north east of england (Newcastle,Sunderland areas) but Im from London so we got Thames TV, and Im pretty sure we didnt get this item. However I will trawl through it and if I find anything, assure him I will post it.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 01:23:16 PM »

Bobber

Thanks for your help.  It would have been Tyne Tees Television and if my memory serves me right, the interviewer on the show would have been Adrian Cairns.

maccalennon

• A Beginning
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 01:32:07 PM »

Oh Tyneliz sounds like a female.Sorry for referring to you as "him"

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 51 queries.