Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Follow Me  (Read 9670 times)

Follow Me
« on: July 01, 2004, 12:18:24 AM »

Macca's new song, first performed at Glastonbury, can be downloaded from
http://www.maccacollector.com/glastonbury/

Sadly (so very sadly) you'll think it's like a thousand other McCartney songs. Time to stop now Paul ... please! You have nothing, nothing original at all to say anymore.

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
Re: Follow Me
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 01:05:56 AM »

thanks for the link Maria. Any ideas of a site with the full Glastonbury performance by Macca? I'm dying to have the live version of Helter Skelter

---powered by Moondogs®---

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 02:37:21 AM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=0 date=1088641104]Macca's new song, first performed at Glastonbury, can be downloaded from
http://www.maccacollector.com/glastonbury/

Sadly (so very sadly) you'll think it's like a thousand other McCartney songs. Time to stop now Paul ... please! You have nothing, nothing original at all to say anymore.[/quote]

Oddly enough Paul seems to be doing pretty well for himself, even with your disapproval.

Imagine that.

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 04:07:23 AM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=2 date=1088649441]

Oddly enough Paul seems to be doing pretty well for himself, even with your disapproval.

Imagine that.

[/quote]

What, you mean financially? Yes, there are plenty of people that buy his stuff, go to his concerts, because of what he once was.

You mean creatively? Forgive me, but no. That well has long dried up.

Oh Charles, you have to go past the Macca veneer to see the truth. But that should be easy: the veneer has been thin for years. In places, you can see that there's nothing left!

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 04:08:20 AM »

[quote by=Bruno link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=1 date=1088643956]thanks for the link Maria. Any ideas of a site with the full Glastonbury performance by Macca? I'm dying to have the live version of Helter Skelter [/quote]

No, I don't. It'd be good if whoever finds a link posts it here.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 02:05:23 PM »

I wouldn't say the well has dried up.....Driving Rain was his best since Back to the Egg, for me anyway.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 02:36:13 PM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=3 date=1088654843]

What, you mean financially? Yes, there are plenty of people that buy his stuff, go to his concerts, because of what he once was.

You mean creatively? Forgive me, but no. That well has long dried up.

Oh Charles, you have to go past the Macca veneer to see the truth. But that should be easy: the veneer has been thin for years. In places, you can see that there's nothing left! [/quote]

Again, you see thru your filter of anti-Paulism, so pretty much any observation of yours is going to be tainted.

Yes, of course he is not the same creatively.  Who is?  An artist peaks and ebbs, especialy over 40 years.  Geez.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 03:26:51 PM »

I just listened to Flaming Pie and Run Devil Run for the first time ever....Flaming Pie....Run Devil Run....Driving Rain...

That's one strong set of albums....possibly even his strongest set of three ever. I'd wait until the next album before declaring the well dry.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 08:12:36 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=6 date=1088692573]

Again, you see thru your filter of anti-Paulism, so pretty much any observation of yours is going to be tainted.

Yes, of course he is not the same creatively.

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 08:13:52 PM »

[quote by=Rowdy link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=5 date=1088690723]I wouldn't say the well has dried up.....Driving Rain was his best since Back to the Egg, for me anyway.[/quote]

You jest.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... let's go for a drive."

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2004, 08:18:59 PM »

[quote by=Rowdy link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1088641104,s=7 date=1088695611]I just listened to Flaming Pie and Run Devil Run for the first time ever....Flaming Pie....Run Devil Run....Driving Rain...

That's one strong set of albums....possibly even his strongest set of three ever. I'd wait until the next album before declaring the well dry.[/quote]

Flaming Pie and Driving Rain showcase Paul's lack of ideas pretty strongly. Run Devil Run I found interesting up to a point, but lacking in real drive and energy.

And I thought the well was running dry around 1973. I tolerated McCartney, really liked Ram, was appalled by Wild Life, and was stunned by how dreadful Red Rose Speedway was. Band On the Run did not quite make up for that. And then there was Venus And Mars, and Speed Of Sound, and ... Yes, oh yes, the well was dry all right.

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2004, 08:26:45 PM »

the name of the new song seems to be 'Any Destination' and not 'Follow Me', at least that's what NME's website says, here's the setlist:

'Jet'
'Got To Get You Into My Life'
'Flaming Pie'
'All My Loving'
'Let Me Roll It'
'She's A Woman'
'Maybe I'm Amazed'
'The Long And Winding Road'
'In Spite Of All The Danger'
'Blackbird'
'We Can Work It Out'
'Here Today'
'All Things Must Pass'
'Yellow Submarine'
'I'll Follow The Sun'
'Calico Skies'
'Eleanor Rigby'
'Drive My Car'
'Penny Lane'
'Get Back'
'Band On The Run'
'Back In The USSR'
'Live And Let Die'
'I've Got A Feeling'
'Lady Madonna'
'Hey Jude'
'Yesterday'
'Any Destination'
'Let It Be'
'I Saw Her Standing There'
'Helter Skelter'
'Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' / 'The End'

if you listen to the lyrics of the song you can hear 'any destination' a couple of times; not as much as follow me though.