Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Ultimate Dictator  (Read 547 times)

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
The Ultimate Dictator
« on: March 31, 2022, 03:37:22 PM »

I was thinking that the ultimate most powerful dictator in human history could one day be a super-computer.

It could control everything:  our computer systems, infrastructure, electricity, food and water allocations, medical and pharmaceutical administration, etc.  Maybe even determine strict population limits and methods used to achieve that.  Perhaps amoral methods.

We would be at its mercy, and we couldn't fight it.  Why? because it could be a brain with a God-like intelligence far beyond our capacity to intervene in its processes or programs.

Will we see such a scenario at some future date?  Probably not, simple human dictators can inflict much damage, but they can't control everything.  But they could be catalysts for human extinction by triggering a series of unstoppable events leading to a final cataclysm for the planet.

Who knows?  Maybe someday we'll all be in a global lockdown and everything we think, do and say will be dictated by that entity as well as whether we live or die.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
Re: The Ultimate Dictator
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 12:29:33 AM »

Brings to mind the movie and book 1984.

George Orwell was a clever guy.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
Re: The Ultimate Dictator
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2022, 06:26:11 PM »

nimrod:  I was thinking of a way in which a dictator could conquer other countries non-violently (without the use of bombs or miscellaneous weaponry).  If you control another country's infrastructure, yours would be a bloodless dominion.  Yes, it would still hurt (very badly).  Whether you had health care, food and water, would be up to that ultimate dictator's discretion.

I don't think we'll see that day.  The ways things are now is dangerous enough in my point of view.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 41 queries.