Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Songs that are partially good  (Read 704 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Songs that are partially good
« on: September 07, 2006, 09:33:18 AM »

Right now "Pamela" by Toto is on the radio. I think the chorus of this song is just beautiful. Maybe even one of the best in pop/rock music. Especially the chorus after the break when the horns join in. Really beautiful. But I hate the rest of the song. Too sterile. Too much 'Watch me being an educated musician' crap. Rock that's not rocking combined with funk that's not funky.

I'm trying to think of other songs that are partially very good and partially very bad...

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: Songs that are partially good
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 09:36:26 AM »

The Beach Boys, "I'm Waiting For The Day". Beautiful song, but the last part ("You didn't think - No!") ruins it a little bit.

Blue Oyster Cult, "Don't Fear The Reaper". I hate the heavy part with the solo. It ruins the mellow mood of the song and it's not even really connected to the rest of the song. It sounds like the songs stops, then another song starts, then that stops and the first song starts again.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 09:41:23 AM »

Depeche Mode, "Enjoy The Silence". Great song despite the crappy arrangement (it sounds so much better with real instruments). What's up with that terrible electronic 'drum break'?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 12:34:16 PM »

'Love Is Like Oxygen' from Sweet. I love the song, but always thought the piano break (at least I think its piano) goes on way to long and its repetitive. This is for the original long version and not the single version.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 12:49:56 PM »

Quote from: 373
'Love Is Like Oxygen' from Sweet. I love the song, but always thought the piano break (at least I think its piano) goes on way to long and its repetitive. This is for the original long version and not the single version.

I think the same thing goes for Light My Fire by The Doors. The instrumental break on the album version is way too long.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 03:01:13 PM »

Take Me Away (unreleased b-side)- Avril Lavigne

I love the verses in this song, they're bouncy, catchy, and the lyrics are cute and clever, but I don't like the chorus. I think it's too rock-ish and dosn't go with the rest of the song.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Page created in 0.764 seconds with 48 queries.