Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The Beatles in Minnesota...  (Read 894 times)

ewomack

• One And One Is Two
The Beatles in Minnesota...
« on: September 17, 2007, 02:21:19 PM »

"Minnesota History" ran an article about the Beatle's 1965 trip to Minneapolis. The haven't posted the article online, but you can buy the magazine here: http://shop.mnhs.org/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=1261. They are also collection "Beatle Memories" at this URL: http://www.mnhs.org/forms/53_beatle_memories.htm

I read the article and was slightly disappointed that it made the visit into a somewhat happy affair. From what I've read elsewhere the visit was not a success. The show didn't sell out (the only one on that tour, apparently) and they got into some scuffles with local radio stations. It does include some interesting pictures submitted by fans.
Ed Womack
Get Milked
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: The Beatles in Minnesota...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 06:04:29 PM »

Hi, Ewomack! Thanks for the info. :)

Yes, interesting that they would spin it as happy. I imagine it was, for the fans. Have you seen the video where they interview the sheriff commenting on the Beatles "circus" and how they had to drag a young woman out of Paul's room after hours, and how angry everyone was at each other? Great interview, and really shows the prejudices and perceptions at the time. "The managers need to keep 'their product' in tow." Great stuff.

I've loaned all my Beatles videos to a friend, but I think you can find this interview on the "Fun with the Fab Four" video. Cheers!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 39 queries.