Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: The End Of The End  (Read 1428 times)

Wayne L.

The End Of The End
« on: June 24, 2007, 02:07:34 PM »

The End Of The End from Paul's latest album MAF has to be one of the most powerful songs he has done in a long time.  Creatively, musically, artistically & lyrically it's a masterpiece, as well as being the dominant track & it's similiar to his Beatle days.  I also have to say that Macca probably was kind of savvy as an artist, he wrote TEOTE way before his death & ahead of the media, to be remembered without any spin.  
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

The Swine

• Getting Better
Re: The End Of The End
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 02:32:34 PM »

Quote from: 395
he wrote TEOTE way before his death  

that is true.
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

Wayne L.

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 03:18:50 PM »

The main point I was making The Swine is that Paul wrote the song to be remembered without any spin from the media when his time comes.    

The Swine

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 06:32:16 PM »

i was just pulling your leg. grunt away!
THE INTERNET IS NOT A PLACE FOR 13 YEAR OLDS

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 07:06:10 PM »

The End Of The End from Paul's latest album MAF has to be one of the most powerful songs he has done in a long time.  Creatively, musically, artistically & lyrically it's a masterpiece, as well as being the dominant track & it's similiar to his Beatle days.  I also have to say that Macca probably was kind of savvy as an artist, he wrote TEOTE way before his death & ahead of the media, to be remembered without any spin.  

Well lets hope it's a good while off Paul's TEOTE ,i did hear him say not long back that he expected to be very old when he dies .
A 100 year old Macca would be nice if he keep's his health . :)
But i agree Wayne .L ,it's a great song and not over sentimental , mind you he managed that with Here Today , which is another great song  .
Wonder if it will become a funeral favourite with the public ?

DaveRam :)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 08:24:22 PM »

A VERY warm welcome back Wayne :)

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 11:44:41 AM »

I like the song a lot, whistling included although that it is not a part everybody like.
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 11:06:34 AM »

The End Of The End from Paul's latest album MAF has to be one of the most powerful songs he has done in a long time.  Creatively, musically, artistically & lyrically it's a masterpiece

I love this song! Been stuck in my head for days now. I completely agree with you, Wayne L.

Wont it be freaky, if someone really listens to this song and thinks of suicide? You know if Paul says that "at the end of the end its a start of a journey to a much better place... has to be special.." One could think: great, let me go to this place.
Obviously, that is not what he sings about.

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2007, 11:05:56 PM »

The End Of The End from Paul's latest album MAF has to be one of the most powerful songs he has done in a long time.  Creatively, musically, artistically & lyrically it's a masterpiece, as well as being the dominant track & it's similiar to his Beatle days.

I agree. It's a very strong song on the album, and very powerful.
The only problem I have is that this powerful-ness makes it difficult for me to listen to this song. And strangely enough, when paul says "no need to be sad" and "no need to cry"... well, it makes it even worse (ie more sad/touching) for me. But of course that's my problem, not the song's. ([size=9]I know that at a certain age people start thinking about things like that, but I tend to get upset when people talk about their own death. I'm weird.)[/size]
And I really like the metaphors he uses, about stories being rolled out like carpets for children to play on (sorry if I'm getting the words wrong)...

Quote from: 596
I love this song! Been stuck in my head for days now.  

I can confirm that this is indeed true!  ;)

I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007, 11:18:48 PM »

Would you say that TEOTE is Paul's new Yesterday?

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2007, 11:38:19 PM »

Well maybe is Paul's new Yesterday, I feel a lyrical connection between the songs.
I love TEOTE, is a perfect closer to the album, to let a little space for the feel-good Nod your head.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 09:49:21 AM »

I'd read something somebody had written where they were talking about dying and I thought, "that's kind of brave" It seemed a brave subject to deal with rather than just shying away from it. So I fancied looking at this as a subject of myself. And then I thought, well I like the Irish approach of a wake, where it's celebratory. I remember once an Irish woman wished me well by saying "I wish you a good death" and I was like, "Say what!?" I thought about it and thought actually it's a great thing to wish someone. It was quite a brave subject for me. I thought, "well what would I like?" Jokes, wake, music, rather than everyone sitting around glum saying "he was a great guy", though they can do a bit of that. So that led into the verse "on the day that I die I'd like jokes to be told and stories of old to be rolled out like carpets."I have played it to my family and they find it very moving because, you know, it's dad. It's a strange combination because you're talking about a very serious subject. But I'm dealing with it lightly.

From http://www.memoryalmostfull.com/

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 65 queries.