Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Your birthday in Beatles history  (Read 3371 times)

Bobber

Re: Your birthday in Beatles history
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2005, 07:29:01 AM »

Quote from: kevin_b
you must feel very special

I feel neglected. Couldn't they just do something?
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

JonnyMoondog

• A Beginning
  • I am he.
    • Music Site
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2005, 04:05:05 AM »

I think all I ever had in Beatle history was Rocky Raccoon being recorded or something like that.
http://www.suedeapple.co.uk/rev - Check it out, it's my website.

Heart

• A Beginning
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 08:25:20 PM »

I share a birthday with Paul Mccartney... :)

Mean_Mr_Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2005, 09:17:07 PM »

1964 March 3

Studio 1 (control room only). 10.00am-1.45pm. Mono mixing: `I Should Have Known Better' (from take 22); `If I Fell' (from take 15); `Tell Me Why' (from take 8); `And I Love Her' (remix 1, from take 21); `I'm Happy Just To Dance With You' (from take 4); `I Call Your Name' (from take 7). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Norman Smith; 2nd Engineer: A. B. Lincoln. Remixes for EMI and United Artists.  

Tuesday  Transmision in London of the television show `The Big Out' (recorded 29 February 1964).  

Tuesday  Shooting of early scenes for `A Hard Day's Night', on board a train leaving from Paddington Station. The train carrying the Beatles from Minehead to Paddington stops unannounced at West Ealing Station, to avoid the fans waiting at Paddington. The Beatles are taken into the booking office and sign autographs. Within minutes the group are taken away in a car.  

Tuesday  [Some day between 2 and 6 March 1964.] After a day of filming in the West Country for `A Hard Day's Night', the Beatles return to Westbourne Park Station, London.  

1967 March 3

Studio 2. 7.00pm-2.15am. Recording: `Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band' (overdub onto take 10). Mono mixing: `Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' (remixes 1-4, from take 8). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Geoff Emerick; 2nd Engineer: Richard Lush. Recording of brasses and guitar solo for `Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. John takes home a tape of conversation of musicians, Paul and Martin, for his private collection.  

Friday  UK LP release: `The Beatles Girls', instrumental, by George Martin

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2005, 02:29:46 PM »

Nothing.. I celebrate my birthday with Bob Dylan, that's all... (And we are both lefhanded:)) (Well, Paul is lefthanded too and he's Gemini:))

I have a colleague who was born on the 7th of July, and was named Linda after Linda McCartney.:)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2005, 07:19:06 PM »

Quote from: Mairi
1969- Beatles perform "Hey Jude" on the David Frost program. Ver fitting, since He Jude is my all time favorite song.

1968.  ;)

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2005, 07:28:40 PM »

Some examples (March 22nd - What a day!!):

1961: Performance at noontime at the Cavern Club in Liverpool.

1963: 11.03am. John Dennis Profumo stands up in the British Parliament to lie about hisrelationship with Christine Keller.
BUT MORE IMPORTANT:
         UK LP release: PLEASE PLEASE ME (mono version). UK single release: `Misery', with Kenny Lynch. 1st cover of a Beatles song.

1964: Private launch party for `In His Own Write' at 30 Bedfore Square, offices of publisher Jonathan Cope. John attends.

1965:  US LP release: `The Early Beatles'.

1967:  Studio 2. 7.00pm-2.15am. Recording: `Within You Without You' (overdub onto take 1, tape reduction take 1 into take 2). Mono mixing: `Within You Without You' (remix 1, from take 2). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Geoff Emerick; 2nd Engineer: Richard Lush. Studio 1 (control room only). 11.00pm-12.30am. Tape operator Graham Kirkby oversees the playback of `Sgt Pepper's' titles finished to date, for any Beatle interested.

1969: `Yellow Submarine' LP, 10th week in the Top 30 (Billboard). `Unfinished Music Number 1-Two Virgins' number 124, its highest position (Billboard).

Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 49 queries.