Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: "IF"--there were an additional Anthology film  (Read 2134 times)

"IF"--there were an additional Anthology film
« on: November 27, 2007, 05:09:37 PM »

[size=14]IF there were an additional Anthology film, what would you want on it ??[/size]

For me, I'd start w/ more concert footage, UNINTERRUPTED--to capture the audio, more on India, and more of their social/club scenes w/ other rock luminaries of the time (their contemporaries).

..but more than anything, finding all available concert footage and cleaning it up would take precedence. (I'd include every TV appearance too)

a pet peeve of mine :

There seems to be an abundance of Shea Stadium footage that would serve this purpose...but this very thought made me lament the regrettably under-documented Candlestick Park concert. Being their last concert (if you want to call it that, as opposed to "scream-fest"), you'd think the Maysle brothers or someone equally as reputable cinematically would've been there to professionally capture this event (even if they DIDNT know ahead of time this was to be the live performance swan song..)..I mean, everything else was documented..too bad SF Aug, '66 wasnt given it's due..) Granted, there must've been thousands of teeny boppers there that day w/ their cheap prehistoric Super 8 millimeters, but what can really be gleaned from that 40+ years on...?? ..modern digital photo enhancement can do wonders..not miracles !! LOL) For me, any decent [/i]footage of Candlestick found (and maybe I'm just all wrong about this, dunno) would be recieved w/ open arms. What we're left with from this seminal event, unfortunately, is the Beatle equivalent of the Zapruder film...

BlueMeanie

Re: "IF"--there were an additional Anthology film
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 01:19:03 AM »

I suppose, as fans, we want everything. But I expect we've already had the majority of good stuff that there is. Which leaves the moderate, and the just plain awful. To illustrate the point, the Live At The Budokan DVD. I've got the bootleg CD of that and they're pretty bloody awful. In fact anything from '66 is worth a miss. We've had the Ed Sullivan stuff, did they appear on much else in the States? They weren't actually live on TV that often in The UK, though they did a lot of radio. Shea was filmed because it was the first of it's kind, and no-one knew at the time that Candlestick Park was going to be their last concert. I don't think there's too much more of any worth left. No everything was filmed, unfortunately, and old TV tapes tend to get destroyed - certainly the BBC were guilty of this in the 60's. Though, we live in hope!

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 11:13:45 AM »

I would like to hear more from the fans who saw them and met them . Also interviews with Dylan ,Mick , Donovan ,and there families and school friends .
I'm sure there most be quite a bit of amature film gathering dust around the world ?

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 03:39:59 PM »

I'm very surprised that Epstein's assistant, Alistar Taylor
wasen't on it, he would have had so many stories to tell..
i know.. i met him once!  :D

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

Andy Smith

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 03:40:20 PM »

Turn off your mind, Relax and float downstream. It is not dying

nothing_is_real

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 06:05:21 PM »

Quote from: 614

Have you seen "The Beatles Biggest Secrets" documentary? Taylor was interviewed in that. He didn't come off as very believable to me. I figure he was paid some pretty big bucks to exaggerate a bit.
<br /><br />

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 10:14:55 PM »

Quote from: 483
and no-one knew at the time that Candlestick Park was going to be their last concert.  

I believe I did make mention of this in my post above.

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 10:17:59 PM »

Quote from: 971
I would like to hear more from the fans who saw them and met them . Also interviews with Dylan ,Mick , Donovan ,and there families and school friends .
I'm sure there most be quite a bit of amature film gathering dust around the world ?

I never got to. The closest I was to the Fab was Shea, 1965. I'm actually a 12 year -old kid on the footage of the concert. I'm the microscopic dot in Row #14  ;D

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 10:12:39 AM »

Thats close enough Mean Mr. Mustard , what a great memory to have :)

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 04:59:30 PM »

Quote from: 971
Thats close enough Mean Mr. Mustard , what a great memory to have :)

nah, Dave it wasnt that great for me--my sister smeared mustard on my binocular lens--it obscured Ringo

dammit...

;D

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 57 queries.