Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Revolver A Collection Of Unique Songs?  (Read 1714 times)

apple sauce

• Getting Better
Revolver A Collection Of Unique Songs?
« on: July 30, 2006, 01:04:38 PM »

After listening to "Revolver" over and over it strikes me that there is no real continuity in this LP? All the songs are strikingly different and don't really flow together well? Yellow Submarine seems out of place as does Good Day Sunshine? And Your Bird Can Sing sounds like a song from their Hard Days Night Era While Eleanor Rigby doesn't sound like anything we have heard before? This Lp is prehaps one of the first Beatle albums that has so many different influences that it's hard to see how they all fit together? What do you all think about the totally varied styles on Revolver? Ps, they are all great songs when listened to singularly.

Re: Revolver A Collection Of Unique Songs?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 03:50:50 PM »

I think it showcases how easily they could go from music style to music style and was a testament to their brilliance. You don't like the flow, or lackthereof, and I can appreciate that, but their was no band, probably before or since that could go from scmaltz (Here, There, and Everywhere), outstandining Pop (And Your Bird Can Sing) to a balls to the wall psychedelicatessan (Tomorrow Never Knows). I think the variety is rich and they were probably at the apex of their creative power during 'Revolover'. I love the diversity of this album.

apple sauce

• Getting Better
Re: Revolver A Collection Of Unique Songs?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 10:51:57 PM »

Well in all honesty I believe that each writer came with their "own" songs which meant their own style also which ultimatley made up such different songs on Revolver. You are right in ststing that no band since the Beatles have come up with such a varied album since Revolver.

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 38 queries.