Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: New Apple?  (Read 896 times)

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
New Apple?
« on: September 13, 2007, 12:29:33 PM »

Suddenly, after YEARS of waiting, we have the imminent release of Help! on DVD and a recent compilation album saw the inclusion of a Beatle track (Please Please Me appears on 50 years of the Cavern).

So, since the departure of Neil Aspinall, are we seeing a new attitude to The Beatle legacy? Is this "New Apple"?

BlueMeanie

Re: New Apple?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 12:53:13 PM »

I read somewhere that the choice of MD was made to 'speed things up' Hope it's true. I hope they've realised that they could actually have been on their second or third remastered series by now if they'd been smart, with all the added income that would have generated.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 10:15:09 PM »

Quote from: 360
Suddenly, after YEARS of waiting, we have the imminent release of Help! on DVD and a recent compilation album saw the inclusion of a Beatle track (Please Please Me appears on 50 years of the Cavern).

So, since the departure of Neil Aspinall, are we seeing a new attitude to The Beatle legacy? Is this "New Apple"?

And 4 months on, what are your thoughts now?

No news of Remasters, the mp3 download thing seems to have stagnated, no news of Let It Be on DVD, Yellow Submarine seems to have been deleted.

New Apple? Rotten to the core as usual.

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 10:56:23 PM »

Will todays cuts in staff at EMI effect The Beatles remasters ?
I was watching Guy Hands the boss of EMI who's just got rid of a two thousand staff and i was very worried things may now be put on the back burnner ? with regard to The Beatles .

BlueMeanie

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 12:24:28 AM »

Quote from: 971
Will todays cuts in staff at EMI effect The Beatles remasters ?
I was watching Guy Hands the boss of EMI who's just got rid of a two thousand staff and i was very worried things may now be put on the back burnner ? with regard to The Beatles .

I don't think it's down to EMI. It's Apple that hold all the cards.

Page created in 0.925 seconds with 41 queries.