Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 650492 times)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #4720 on: July 10, 2009, 10:38:11 AM »

I remember my friend's dad is quite old and looks old, so my friend says to me "do you see that grandpa looking person? that's my dad" ...
But whats the big deal? Parents age, so do we. I think the age gap between kids and their parents is growing. Couples put it off for longer these days.

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #4721 on: July 10, 2009, 10:59:48 PM »

But whats the big deal? Parents age, so do we. I think the age gap between kids and their parents is growing. Couples put it off for longer these days.

I guess the deal for me is that I don't want to think of my parents dying someday.  I know aging and death are normal things, but it's hard to think of my loved ones passing on in the future.

I'd rather put kids off for a long while also.  If I had to have kids, I would probably wait till my mid-30's or something, but who knows.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #4722 on: July 10, 2009, 11:09:15 PM »

I guess the deal for me is that I don't want to think of my parents dying someday.  I know aging and death are normal things, but it's hard to think of my loved ones passing on in the future.

I'd rather put kids off for a long while also.  If I had to have kids, I would probably wait till my mid-30's or something, but who knows.

I know a girl who is 20 and she has a boyfriend...who is 50.

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #4723 on: July 11, 2009, 02:51:19 AM »

^I have no comment...

My sister, the nice one, bought me this really cute, sparkly nail polish from germany. I'm wearing it right now!

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4724 on: July 11, 2009, 02:54:12 AM »

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Post pictures when you get back!

I only had my camera phone, so the pics kind of suck! I couldn't figure out how to zoom. I took some video too, but it only recorded a few seconds. Can you figure out the song? I wish I would have recorded the part where she imitated Dylan! That was cute.

The hippy crowd is so not my scene. I mean, it's cool and all, but I can only take so much self righteousness!! They're the nicest people though. On the way back to the car, I was carrying our seats in this bag over my shoulder and when we got to the car there were flowers sticking out of the top. Someone had just stuck them in there! That was kind of funny.

The stage before she came on.

I think she's on the stage in this one. Can't tell!

The restaurant where we ate. Don't know why it's so tiny! It's right on the water. So cool.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4725 on: July 11, 2009, 03:08:32 AM »

My mom had me at 42. And this was before it was in style. Nowadays, it's common to wait. A lot of the parents at my school are in their forties and early fifties.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #4726 on: July 11, 2009, 07:07:12 AM »

I know a girl who is 20 and she has a boyfriend...who is 50.

Whoa!  Is she happy?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4727 on: July 12, 2009, 03:04:26 AM »

My cousin just posted part of her Beatles' collection on FB. I can't believe all the stuff she has!!!! I had forgotten this before getting back in touch with her, but SHE'S the one who got me into the Beatles in the first place. I remember her showing me Beatles records in her room when I was just a little kid. I remember staring at Sgt. Pepper. I think she even let me borrow it. So she's the one to thank for my Beatle obsession! I had COMPLETELY forgotten about that until now. So for that, I think Facebook is pretty cool. I hadn't spoken with her for over 20 years before this! Man, I wish you guys could see her collection. It's awesome. She makes me look like a bad fan! :)

Dmitry

• Administrator
  • A Thousand Pages
    • www.murashev.com
« Reply #4728 on: July 12, 2009, 05:16:07 AM »

Me alone in chat (among registered members)?  :o
How it could happened?  :'( :'( :'(

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #4729 on: July 12, 2009, 09:45:07 PM »

Apparently, I'm going on a family trip tomorrow...

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4730 on: July 12, 2009, 09:51:49 PM »

The accent SBC uses in Bruno sounds exactly like the one Ralph Fiennes used in Shindler's List. Even the voice. It's weird. And it looks like the DUMBEST movie ever. I don't get his appeal. I really don't.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4731 on: July 13, 2009, 02:05:15 AM »

I'm having many random thoughts today.

If I ever got a tattoo, which I wouldn't, but if it did, I think I'd get something with Chinese symbols. They're cool looking. Here's the one for peace.

or

Guess there's different ways of writing it. Both are cool though. Maybe on my toe or something.  ;D

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #4732 on: July 13, 2009, 02:31:35 AM »

^ You just have to be careful with the Chinese symbols, there's lots of horror stories about people just going in and saying "I want this symbol" and coming out with something totally different.

I was actually thinking about my tattoo this week.  I'm thinking that I might get it in like September or October.  It'll be on my back just over my right hip and I'm gonna get a shooting star in memory of a good friend of mine <3

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #4733 on: July 13, 2009, 07:03:15 AM »

The accent SBC uses in Bruno sounds exactly like the one Ralph Fiennes used in Shindler's List. Even the voice. It's weird. And it looks like the DUMBEST movie ever. I don't get his appeal. I really don't.

Maybe it's a generational thing?  Well, he is offensive but a lot of it is satire.  Kinda like "South Park."

I like SBC, though.  Loved "Da Ali G Show" when it was still around too.  That show just made me howl with laughter.

And ooh, tattoos, I want one too.  I've just never been able to commit because I'm scared I'll change my mind, plus I am a needle coward.

Octie

• A Thousand Pages
  • It's sunshine life for me...
« Reply #4734 on: July 13, 2009, 10:50:44 AM »

And ooh, tattoos, I want one too.  I've just never been able to commit because I'm scared I'll change my mind, plus I am a needle coward.

ehhm, to be honset.... the only way to have me get a tattoo is to knock me out first... X_X ;)

Oh man, it's only the first day back after the break, and I'm already extra-stressed :-\ I really hope my project goes well...
I'd ask my friends to come and see... an Octopus's Garden with me ^___^

Magness

• A Thousand Pages
  • Simple truth miscalled Simplicity
    • My Gallery of Horrors! XD
« Reply #4735 on: July 13, 2009, 02:32:48 PM »

My random though:

I'm back from the village! :D I've been missing you all, my dear friends!
I should say that such computer maniac like me can't live in the village for a long time ;D
Stop the Earth spinning round, I'll get out of it!!

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #4736 on: July 13, 2009, 04:16:08 PM »

Hello Again Everyone!

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #4737 on: July 13, 2009, 07:50:52 PM »

Hello Again Everyone!
Hello PaulieBear

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #4738 on: July 13, 2009, 10:34:19 PM »

Maybe it's a generational thing?  Well, he is offensive but a lot of it is satire.  Kinda like "South Park."

I like SBC, though.  Loved "Da Ali G Show" when it was still around too.  That show just made me howl with laughter.

And ooh, tattoos, I want one too.  I've just never been able to commit because I'm scared I'll change my mind, plus I am a needle coward.

Well!

Nope, it's not a generational thing. I think it's more personal taste. I don't think being from a certain generation has much to do with "getting" comedy or music or whatever else. I always find that to be a strange argument. But who knows I just happen to think he's a bore. I get that it's satire (at least that's why he's trying for) and he doesn't offend me in the least. He just annoys me with his overdone shtick. I just don't find it very clever. It gets old REAL fast for me. But yeah, tons of people love him. People of all ages. I'm WAY in the minority here!  I think South Park is about a billion times more innovative and smart in my opinion. He doesn't hold a candle to Matt and Trey! But then again, it's all personal taste.

BTW, I'm not ancient! Even though I talk as if I am. I can still get the "hip" stuff ya know. Now let me go relax in my rocking chair and listen to the soft sounds of that oldie's band Nirvana. :)
 ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 11:58:43 PM by Sondra »

BlueMeanie

« Reply #4739 on: July 14, 2009, 12:26:15 AM »

The trouble with being on a diet is that you don't have any late night munchies lurking in the back of the cupboard!
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 527

Page created in 0.798 seconds with 90 queries.