Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Amazing coincidences  (Read 618 times)

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Amazing coincidences
« on: January 12, 2006, 07:26:55 AM »

I'll start:

Once I was in city nearby the town where I live, and I walked into a CD store. The first person I saw there was the bass player of one of the two bands I played in at the time, and he was calling someone on his mobile phone. So I walked up to him, and it turned out he was trying to call me. So those were coincidences 1 and 2. About an hour later I returned to that CD store because I remembered I forgot to check if a certain CD was there, and when I walked in the bass player of my other band was standing on the exact same place as where the other bass player had been standing, and right behind him was an old friend of mine that I hadn't seen in years. The was just bizarre.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Amazing coincidences
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 09:28:31 AM »

My parents immigrated from the UK to NZ in the 50's, had me and died. As a result I didn't even know the names of g/parents, cousins etc let alone any of their history.
One of the things I wanted to do when I came here was to trace my family tree.
Anyway, moved to Finchley and worked at the local council depot which is an old army base.
Found out my maternal grandfather had also  lived in Finchley, only a stones throw from my house. Found his enlistment papers for The Great War - he enlisted (and trained) in November 1915 at Mill Hill Army Barracks. Yes - the very place I work. Shpooky.
ps have since found my gg and ggg-grandads were inspectors in the Met Police. My gggg grandfather was in the Navy and fought those damn Yankees in 1812.
don't follow leaders

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 10:21:42 AM »

Wow...

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 10:23:44 AM »

I know. It really freaked me out. He would have drunk in my local as well. Through official war diaries I followed him step by step to Belgium and stood on the spot pretty much where he was wounded in 1918.
don't follow leaders

Crazy Diamond

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 04:50:50 PM »

I have amazing coincidences every day.

Page created in 0.444 seconds with 44 queries.