Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: "Rock Show"  (Read 2377 times)

I am the Paulrus

• Getting Better
    • FAB 4 FORUM
"Rock Show"
« on: December 02, 2005, 08:38:46 PM »

does anybody know if paul plans to ever re-release the 1979 concert film "Rock Show", which documents his 1976 Wings Over America Tour, out on DVD? i just learned of this film and that it was originally released on laserdisc years ago and that it has been out of print ever since. i know clips of it appear on the Wingspan DVD. does anyone know if it is out on dvd or where you could find it? thanks.

raxo

• Sun King
Re: "Rock Show"
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 12:16:06 AM »

Hard to answer. We're gonna research.

In Blue Hawaii

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 05:03:41 PM »

I want it too. I want it so bad. I've seen clips (V&M/Rockshow, BOTR) but I want the full concert (in 5.1).

Man soo much good McCartney just languishes in the vaults. When it comes to McCartney himself I think he will have to be completely retired or incapacitated for his archives to be truly opened. The idea being, I'm still alive, I'm still valid, who wants leftovers when you can still get a fresh plate of me live?

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 12:21:25 AM »

I want a piece of Macca in his 70's heyday.

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 07:12:54 PM »

Their is a dvd version already. I think it was a limited edition thing. I ordered mine from a website(can't remember which one) Mine was brand new too. I suggest looking on the internet and look to see if any place is selling them.

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 02:51:20 AM »

Heres where I found it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EEE0BM/qid=1147315673/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/103-1631660-8646214?n=130

They only had one in stock and I bought it not too long ago. It cost me 60 bucks, but it was well worth it. I suggest checking the website everyonce and awhile to see if they have it

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 07:39:13 AM »

I bought a copy about one year ago from someone off of Ebay. It was transferred from the Laserdisc, so it looks and sounds great. I'm ashamed to say that I haven't watched the whole thing yet. Here's what's being offered on Ebay as I write this. It used to be on Betamax too, way back when.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=rockshow+dvd&category0=

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 11:47:25 PM »

Oh my god...I can't believe it...that copy right their is only 19 bucks. I bought mine for $60!! Man....well it was worth it, thats for sure.

Mendips

• Getting Better
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 10:21:28 PM »

I've got a lousy vhs copy I got from a Beatlefest years ago, I'd love to get a proper dvd version.
John: You're just a lonely old man from Liverpool.
Grandfather: But I'm clean!
John: Are ya?

Wayne L.

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 10:50:12 PM »

I think Rockshow will probably be out on DVD before too long & it's a great concert documentary showcasing Paul at his finest with his band Wings.

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 05:27:17 PM »

Its such a great concert! I think probably one of his bests ever. Seeing him some back for an encore with Hi Hi Hi and Soily is a lot different than seeing him come back with Hey Jude and other beatle songs. Though the only part that ticks me off is that they edited the dvd and made the concert shorter.

They took this part out of the DVD

http://www.zippyvideos.com/7881266063709886/paul_mccartney_-_rockshow_outtakes/

Wordno

• Getting Better
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 05:06:59 PM »

They are selling a brand new Dvd copy of Rockshow on amazon. Its the same place I bought mine and its the actual DVD. Like I said, I believe the DVD came out a few years ago as a limited edition. Its not a bootleg DVD as bootleg dvds are purple on the bottom and mine is silver(like a real dvd) It cost me 60 bucks, they are so cheap on Ebay because most of them are fake bootlegs. The price on Rockshow went up to 70 bucks, but if you want a real dvd and not a fake then you should get it. Heres the link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000EEE0BM/ref=olp_tab_new/102-8281175-5968109?ie=UTF8&seller=&condition=new

I'll also take pictures of my Rockshow Dvd and my other Wings dvds(which are bootlegs because the bottom is purple) to show you its a real dvd.

Page created in 0.524 seconds with 61 queries.