Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Young people of today don't care about the Beatles  (Read 13832 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: Young people of today don't care about the Beatles
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2008, 01:28:30 AM »

Young people of today have an easier time of liking the Beatles than the young people of other days. They're much cooler now than they were when I was in high school. I always had to justify why the hell I was so into them. Now I see teens with Beatles shirts, purses, hats, backpacks, etc. They've become a fashion statement if nothing else.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2008, 01:31:44 AM »

Quote from: 668
As far as the Catcher in the Rye, it did have , I don't really want to say "reasons" but something in that book aided in his decision to kill John Lennon.  I know it wasn't the only reason and he was a little crazy, but there are always things that make people more crazy. And who is to say if he never read that book if John would still be alive or not.  And I probably sound crazy right now with all this nonsense talk, I don't know if I can make sense out of it. I understand what you mean Mr.Mustard, just because he was holding the book doesn't make it the primative reason why he killed John. My older sister had to read the book 2 years ago and I couldn't read it knowing that was the book he was carrying, and I'm not sure why.

That's part of his BS story. That he identified with Holden Caulfield. Yeah right. He was just a small, selfish, little jealous narcissist of a man who craved attention. And I use the word man lightly.

Beatlemaniac64

• Getting Better
  • "Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted" - John
    • Instagram
« Reply #102 on: July 06, 2008, 04:57:18 AM »

Quote from: 614

well, congratulations!  ;) have a FAB birthday!  ;)

Thanks Andy! I had a great day! :)
-Julia
Born 1991, fan since 2006

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #103 on: July 06, 2008, 10:05:03 AM »

To all you young ones who have to contend with peers who hate the Beatles:

they will grow up and mature, and realize how stupid they were in their teen years!  And they will most likely renounce their own current musical tastes/fashion choices.  I'm sure that you, as the Beatle fan, can destroy their taste in music (obviously their taste in music can't be very good if they hate the Beatles).  It just goes to show how monumental this band was that kids who can't even name each member still hate them, without even knowing anything about them!  These kids are insecure, and don't know what they like.  You don't find people in their mid 20s or mid 30s (or older) making ignorant hate-filled rants towards the Beatles.  People grow up and realize, "I was pretty stupid when I was younger."

I wasn't -- at least as far as music.  I was a Beatle fan from an early age.  That's something you never outgrow.

These kids feel threatened by you because down deep (and they're not even aware of this yet) they know that you are into something that's real, and lasting.  They subconsciously sense that whatever flavor of the month they're into right now, it'll be gone soon.  It won't last.  They know that.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #104 on: July 06, 2008, 03:16:49 PM »

Quote from: 216
Young people of today have an easier time of liking the Beatles than the young people of other days. They're much cooler now than they were when I was in high school. I always had to justify why the hell I was so into them. Now I see teens with Beatles shirts, purses, hats, backpacks, etc. They've become a fashion statement if nothing else.

Yeah but it's annoying because you have people wearing the t-shirts or purses and they don't even listen to the band. So I feel like if I go out in my Beatles hoodie or wear my Beatles purse I have to prove that I'm a real fan and not someone who just wears it for fashion. And that shouldn't be.

But at least we have stuff like Across the Universe that gets the younger people into the Beatles. It's so much easier now to get ahold of older music because of things like iTunes. Even now, it's so much better. I remember when I was in grade seven and eight, and I had kids asking me who John Lennon was. (roll)
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

DarkSweetLady

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2008, 03:41:12 PM »

Quote from: 218

Yeah but it's annoying because you have people wearing the t-shirts or purses and they don't even listen to the band. So I feel like if I go out in my Beatles hoodie or wear my Beatles purse I have to prove that I'm a real fan and not someone who just wears it for fashion. And that shouldn't be.  

I know exactly what you mean Mairi. People are so fake today. You almost feel like you have to prove yourself now a days.  Sometimes I get a giggle at people like that, because I know I'm the real thing.

~the guiding light in all your love shines on~

Beatlemania31

• A Beginning
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2008, 07:50:10 PM »

Quote from: 668

I know exactly what you mean Mairi. People are so fake today. You almost feel like you have to prove yourself now a days.  Sometimes I get a giggle at people like that, because I know I'm the real thing.

I hear you, theres a girl in my class who pretends to like the Beatles even though she knows about 5 songs, she goes around telling people shes the biggest Beatle fan in the world, when on many occasions I have proved my Beatle knowledge to be far superior, haha. She doesn't really wear the clothes because she's extremely preppy, lol. But other than that it gets incredibly annoying knowing that I, and all die hard Beatles fans for that matter, spend so much time learning so much about the Beatles, and then girls like THAT come along because they think it'll make them look cool. But its okay, because everyone knows me as the Beatle kid lol

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2008, 10:09:41 AM »

Some young people may not know their music and don`t have their albums. BUT! they all recognize them when they see the pictures. And this is something.

colleengirl95

• Getting Better
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2008, 11:57:08 AM »

Quote from: 1393
Some young people may not know their music and don`t have their albums. BUT! they all recognize them when they see the pictures. And this is something.

You're right Jane, it's like my classmates they don't have beatle albums and they don't know their music but they do recognize their pictures.  ;)
[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
  • in the middle of the roundabout
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2008, 09:06:09 PM »

Well, that
"..Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe. Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind.."

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
    • Twitter: Sammi_CoJo
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2008, 10:38:05 PM »

I hate these people at my school who walk around with Beatles shirts and bags. One day I went up to one of them and asked them what kind of songs they like or how much they even like them to begin with. she looked at me and gave me a look like I was retarded and said "oh no I don't listen to them, I just liked the shirt. They're a band"

- my life ended momentarily

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2008, 11:27:09 PM »

^ I know what you mean...

I once bought a Beatles t-shirt and the shop person looks at me and says "the beatles eh? you like them" and I say "yes" and then he says "thats why people like you have to pass on their light' and  i agreed.  :K)

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2008, 11:29:57 PM »

I hate people who are ignorant to great music :B

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2008, 11:35:00 PM »

yea, but one can do not much, since great music is subjective...

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2008, 11:35:23 PM »

Quote from: 596
^ I know what you mean...

I once bought a Beatles t-shirt and the shop person looks at me and says "the beatles eh? you like them" and I say "yes" and then he says "thats why people like you have to pass on their light' and  i agreed.  :K)

What does.."thats why people like you have to pass on their light' mean???
Dosen't sound to good from were I'm standing.

It better not be rude.
"..Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup, they slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe. Pools of sorrow waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind.."

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2008, 11:38:22 PM »

oh, i suppose he meant something like .... thats how we as fans not letting them go... I dont actually know... i can go back and ask him but i dont think he will remember me...!  :P

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2008, 11:41:19 PM »

oh, i suppose he meant something like .... thats how we as fans not letting them go... I dont actually know... i can go back and ask him but i dont think he will remember me...!  :P

Oh! I feel stupid now hah.
Well, thats good then.
If you see him again, and he remembers you, and if thats what you say it means, give him a pat on the back for me!
haha

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2008, 11:43:17 PM »

you are so sweet oh pineapple!!!!!   :) :) :)

PaulieBear

• A Thousand Pages
  • Tomorrow Never Knows
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2008, 11:47:28 PM »

you are so sweet oh pineapple!!!!!   :) :) :)

haha

OH pineaplle is how I hear that.

Oh Pineapple

• Getting Better
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2008, 11:50:28 PM »

Quote from: 977

haha

OH pineaplle is how I hear that.

COME ON GUYS!
LET'S NOT HAVE A PARTY OVER MY USERNAME!

hahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahah
it is....quite......dazzling...oh yes.
?!?!?!?!?
wow, cant believe i just said that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Page created in 0.532 seconds with 88 queries.