Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Egypt Station  (Read 7768 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Egypt Station
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2018, 10:31:29 AM »

Damn my completist attitude.  I can buy the new CD (yes, I prefer to own actual CD's) for about $10.00 but if you want it with the 2 bonus tracks its like $23.00.  WTF?  Guess i'll be waiting for this one.

blmeanie

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2018, 10:40:16 AM »

what are the names of the two bonus tracks?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2018, 10:12:16 PM »

what are the names of the two bonus tracks?

'Get Started' and 'Nothing For Free'

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
  • Oh, woe is me, and Mo am I.
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2018, 11:43:00 PM »

If I buy it, I'd prefer to buy the deluxe version but not at the added cost which seems excessive.

I don't know about this album - I've listened to it twice and a few of the early releases more than that.  But nothing really grabs me.  I'll keep listening though.  If I get enough gumption to do it, I'll write an album review.
Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend.

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2018, 12:03:06 AM »

Should this "Egypt Station" thread go under Microscopes?  Just wondering.

I mean if people are just conversing about an album, does that not qualify for inclusion in a Microscope?

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2018, 01:21:08 PM »

Should this "Egypt Station" thread go under Microscopes?  Just wondering.

I mean if people are just conversing about an album, does that not qualify for inclusion in a Microscope?

A microscope is picking each song apart and then maybe giving a summary on the album as a whole.  While this thread is heading in that direction, I think we may want to allow more people to actually purchase and digest the record some (me included), since its so new.  Maybe i'm just slacking and behind the curve.  What do I know. 

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2018, 01:56:44 PM »

Thanks, tkitna.  I was thinking along those lines and you confirmed it. 

What do I know.
You know a lot; you've been a major poster in this forum for a long time.  I think your thoughts and opinions are very valuable and worthy of a thoughtful person's consideration.  If a person is not thoughtful, then who knows?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:59:40 PM by Loco Mo »

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2018, 03:28:33 AM »

No 1 debut on billboard albums for Paul. His first no 1 album since Tug of War. Well done Paul!  cheer1

Loco Mo

• Getting Better
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2018, 06:18:39 PM »

Moogmodule:  I'm surprised.

No 1 debut on billboard albums for Paul. His first no 1 album since Tug of War.

I haven't listened to it for a week now.  I will try again.  I should be liking it considering its billboard ranking, shouldn't I?

;sorry

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2018, 10:31:28 PM »

It’s an odd album Loco. I’d be hard pressed to name a song in it that I’d find indispensable. But the overall record I’m really enjoying. It’s very well arranged and produced. Even with the less interesting songs there’s something in it,  like a nice instrumental turn, that hooks me. I’m happy to listen to it all the way through which I don’t do with albums that much anymore.

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2018, 12:41:04 AM »

I really like it. It didn't grab me in the way that "NEW" instantly did, but after several repeated plays in the car I can honestly say there isn't a song on it I dislike. The overall standard is high and the effect is very positive, even if there are no all timers, as blmeanie said.

Can I get "Fuh You" out of the way first? I don't get these concerns over whether the lyric is "wanna" or "want it". Either "Want to" OR "Want it" work with Fuh as "For". But if it's a cheeky abbreviation of the expletive we know we're all thinking of then I'll share the laugh with Paul. I like it when he delivers an occasional V sign to his "goody goody" image. John gets critically lauded for effing and blinding way back in 1970 yet shock! horror! it may be 2018 but not our Paulie, never! Come on, this was the cheeky fellow who was singing "She's a prick teaser, she took me half the way there" with a wink and a smile fifty odd years ago.

And in a way, it's that sassy, confident, self contented vibe which pervades this album and I love it. I'm hearing a Macca very much at ease with himself, wise, mature, back on top of his game (plenty of polished melodies) but rediscovering that endearing spark of mischief which I surely detected on "NEW" and even "Memory Almost Full" before it. He's regained some of his vocal prowess too. Gone is the rather depressing self doubt and trepidation of "Driving Rain" and the tremulous uncertainty and semi-crushed spirit of "Chaos And Creation In The Back Yard" with its rather warbly, old lady vocals.

Like tkitna I gravitate towards the tangible CD (wouldn't have a clue about these mp3 download things) and as a fellow sufferer of completitis I had to get the standard and the deluxe versions. The deluxe, with those two additional cuts, was tracked down in a branch of HMV for £12.99 - a third of the price it would have cost me on Amazon.

Bobber

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2018, 11:07:52 AM »

I bought de deluxe version after all.  ;D

Funny to see what songs Paul would pick to release as singles. Come On To Me and Fuh You are by far the weakest songs on the album as far as I'm concerned. On the other hand I do like the bonus tracks. Oh well, maybe it's me.

Kevin b

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2018, 12:53:42 PM »

Howdy all. I haven't bothered much with Paul since Back To The Egg, but intrigued by the good reviews and aided by Spotify gave this a listen.
I think it's good. And not "Paul good" or "good for an old bloke good" but just good.
It's refreshing honest and I think it's one of the few times you get to have a look at the real Macca. Or the Macca he wants us to see. Maybe.
The guy who produced does /did Adele and you can hear it especially in the big piano.
That at 76 or whatever that he can still knock out a decent pop album earns him plenty of kudos from me.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2018, 06:57:44 PM »

I bought de deluxe version after all.  ;D

Funny to see what songs Paul would pick to release as singles. Come On To Me and Fuh You are by far the weakest songs on the album as far as I'm concerned. On the other hand I do like the bonus tracks. Oh well, maybe it's me.

Seems to almost always work out that way.  I still havent bought it yet.  Waiting for a better deal.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2018, 07:15:50 PM »

Found Limited Edition for $6.50.  Its on its way.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2018, 12:37:09 AM »

Can I get "Fuh You" out of the way first? I don't get these concerns over whether the lyric is "wanna" or "want it". Either "Want to" OR "Want it" work with Fuh as "For". But if it's a cheeky abbreviation of the expletive we know we're all thinking of then I'll share the laugh with Paul. I like it when he delivers an occasional V sign to his "goody goody" image. John gets critically lauded for effing and blinding way back in 1970 yet shock! horror! it may be 2018 but not our Paulie, never! Come on, this was the cheeky fellow who was singing "She's a prick teaser, she took me half the way there" with a wink and a smile fifty odd years ago.

And let’s not forget The King of Fuh by Apple band Brute Force.  Although I think that was a George production.

nimrod

• Global Moderator
  • A Thousand Pages
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2018, 03:39:29 AM »

Found Limited Edition for $6.50.  Its on its way.

Wow thats cheap.  :o
Personally Im not buying it, Ive heard a couple of tracks and it doesnt really do much for me, so Id probably never play it and it would end up as a dust collector.
Kevin

All You Need Is Love

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2018, 07:32:45 AM »

https://youtu.be/qDoEjQRF7Xo

Ok. After seeing this I think I like this song now.  ha2ha

KelMar

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2018, 05:49:22 PM »

Ok. After seeing this I think I like this song now.  ha2ha

Well then...

Announcing the #COTMChallenge

;D

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2018, 09:21:57 PM »

Well then...

Announcing the #COTMChallenge

;D

If there’s one thing I will never do, it’s having my dancing committed to any long lasting media.  ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.957 seconds with 80 queries.