Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 98

Author Topic: You know you're a fan...  (Read 256995 times)

This Bird Has Flown

• One And One Is Two
Re: You know you're a fan...
« Reply #640 on: June 20, 2009, 12:27:28 PM »

You know you're a fan when...
- You've pretty much destroyed two of your other perfectly good posters of other bands you like, but really don't care; it's more room for your new Beatles posters.

- You found a Beatles sweatshirt in pretty much 3 times your clothing size, but bought it anyway. Just to be safe.

- A radio station for your area does "Breakfast With The Beatles" on Sundays and you totally freak out when you miss it, even though its only 45 minutes and basically 6 songs with oodles of commercials. It's still the Beatles to you!

Here's a fun little story that only gives even more proof that the Beatles are the best!
I was at a little street fair, and there was a guy selling new and used CDs.  I walked over to look through and see what he had.  He told me that "some of the better bands' CDs are 'slightly used.'"  I picked up a copy of Sgt. Pepper and its dirty, cracked cover fell off.  The better bands are used, alright!  ;)

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #641 on: June 20, 2009, 04:15:36 PM »

^ Haha If it was a Beatles sweat-shirt I would buy it if it was 100 times my size!!! lol.

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #642 on: June 21, 2009, 02:42:15 AM »

you are a fan when you study for your exams using the Beatles. I just wrote a whole Needs, Learning and Motivation analysis about George becoming a Beatle!  8)

Quote from: 2143
You know you're a fan when...
- You've pretty much destroyed two of your other perfectly good posters of other bands you like, but really don't care; it's more room for your new Beatles posters.
Yup, guilty of that

- You found a Beatles sweatshirt in pretty much 3 times your clothing size, but bought it anyway. Just to be safe.
Yup, guilty here too. The sister (Octie) uses it for pyjama. And I bought a Beatles t-shirt that was a bit smaller than my clothing size. Well, I stil wear it!

- A radio station for your area does "Breakfast With The Beatles" on Sundays and you totally freak out when you miss it, even though its only 45 minutes and basically 6 songs with oodles of commercials. It's still the Beatles to you!
Whoa! That's awesome!

Arsenal is forever England and England is forever Arsenal

This Bird Has Flown

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #643 on: June 21, 2009, 05:38:48 PM »

Quote from: 596
you are a fan when you study for your exams using the Beatles. I just wrote a whole Needs, Learning and Motivation analysis about George becoming a Beatle!  8)

Awesome!  :) I always find schoolwork easier when you find a way to work something you like into it.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #644 on: June 21, 2009, 08:58:51 PM »

Awesome!  :) I always find schoolwork easier when you find a way to work something you like into it.

Indeed, sort of.  Back in high school, I once wrote an English composition about a person who was based on someone I didn't like in real life.  He got attacked by a dog in that story.  (grin)  The dog was also based on someone I didn't like.   ;D  The teacher said it was an odd story but I got full credit for it.  I'm bad.....I know. :B

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #645 on: June 22, 2009, 12:21:43 AM »

That story made me laugh...^
Very true. Although, I've found that it is very fun to write about something you absolutely loathe and try to put it in a positive light.
For example, one time I was supposed to write about the favorite thing I was taught in school that year. I wrote about the time we were
learning how to play football (American) in gym class. I HATED IT.  ;D So I said 'I just love the fact that when I punt the ball, it goes directly behind me' and so on. I got a good grade on the thing, even. (laugh2)

To keep with the topic, you know you're a fan when somebody sends you a postcard with the Beatles on it.
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #646 on: June 22, 2009, 12:47:45 AM »

^  Yes, it is fun to manipulate real life stories into your schoolwork!  That's cool you got to learn American football at school.  We never had a football team at ours...kind of embarrassing.

Cinderella

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #647 on: June 24, 2009, 03:09:17 PM »

--You know you're a fan, when you think of Abbey Road cover every time you cross the road....  :) at least, that's what I do  ;)

Mrs Lennon

• A Thousand Pages
  • Standing or Sitting When Not Lying Down
« Reply #648 on: June 24, 2009, 03:11:31 PM »

It's inevitable^  :P
Welcome to the forums, Cinderella!
Music is like candy; you throw away the rappers.

Euan Buchan

• A Thousand Pages
    • The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
« Reply #649 on: June 24, 2009, 03:24:08 PM »

When its a glorious day you hum Across The Universe,Dear Prudence & Here Comes The Sun

HeyJude18

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Love and Peace are eternal" - John Lennon
    • le blog
« Reply #650 on: June 24, 2009, 04:28:17 PM »

Quote from: 986
When its a glorious day you hum Across The Universe,Dear Prudence & Here Comes The Sun

Or when you get your non-Beatles fans singing them too!!!

RAIN-ed on: July 17, 2010; STARR-strucked: July 23, 2010; PAUL-inated: August 8, 2010

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #651 on: June 24, 2009, 04:57:26 PM »

Quote from: 1857
--You know you're a fan, when you think of Abbey Road cover every time you cross the road....  :) at least, that's what I do  ;)

lol I do that all of the time! Or when it starts to rain you belt out (no matter where you are) 'IF THE RAAAIN COMES, THEY'LL RUN AND HIDE THEIR HEADS!!!.....'  and so on.. I did that in a target parking lot once and almost everyone there turned and looked at me... lol. But I didn't care  ;D

This Bird Has Flown

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #652 on: June 24, 2009, 05:28:40 PM »

Quote from: 2116
Or when it starts to rain you belt out (no matter where you are) 'IF THE RAAAIN COMES, THEY'LL RUN AND HIDE THEIR HEADS!!!.....'  and so on..

Haha! I did that when it was raining yesterday when I was out with some friends. They all just looked at me like, "What?" Ahhh... non Beatle fans just don't get it...   ::)

You're a fan when the first thing you notice in your dad's friend's recording studio is all the paintings of the Beatles hanging all around.  They were very nice.  :) Plus all of us played a whole bunch of Beatles songs. It was just a great experience being there. He had an electric sitar! An electric freaking sitar!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 01:15:40 PM by This Bird Has Flown »

emmi_luvs_beatles

• A Thousand Pages
  • I'm an Expert.
« Reply #653 on: June 24, 2009, 05:58:22 PM »

^ I know how the whole non Beatles thing goes, or when there's a Beatle refrence on TV and you totally spaz out and no one knows why lol

georgeharrisonluver

• A Thousand Pages
  • Here Comes the Sun
    • My Beatle's Tumblr!
« Reply #654 on: June 26, 2009, 05:06:46 AM »

Haha! I did that when it was raining yesterday when I was out with some friends. They all just looked at me like, "What?" Ahhh... non Beatle fans just don't get it...  :o

You're a fan when the first thing you notice in your dad's friend's recording studio is all the paintings of the Beatles hanging all around.  They were very nice.  :) Plus all of us played a whole bunch of Beatles songs. It was just a great experience being there. He had an electric sitar! An electric freaking sitar!

I did the rain thing yesterday during a thunderstorm too! Your lucky, I'd love to see a recording studio and an electric sitar sounds awesome!

Also, I freaked because my mom, who's an avid gardener, bought a yellow rose called "Yellow Submarine". I think she got it for me because she knows I love the Beatles and yellow is my favorite color. I always look at it when I go outside  :)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #655 on: June 26, 2009, 06:20:10 AM »

Quote from: 2056
Also, I freaked because my mom, who's an avid gardener, bought a yellow rose called "Yellow Submarine".
Ooooh that's awesome!!!

I knew I couldnt resist mentioning the Beatles in my exam.... I wrote about John the marketer, Paul the employee in the IT industry and George his manager. We'll see what grade I get  ;D

Penny Lane

• A Thousand Pages
  • Paulinate me
« Reply #656 on: June 26, 2009, 07:12:17 AM »

^  What!  No Ringo?!   :P  Octie's going to get you!

freakchic9

• A Thousand Pages
  • =D
« Reply #657 on: July 02, 2009, 12:55:58 AM »

You know you're a fan when you're all depressed because Paul McCartney concert tickets are too expensive, so you think of a plan to:
a) Sneak in the concert.
b) Get enough money.
c) Actually go without sneaking in.

8)
<|\
 |
 ^

Too cool, yah?

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #658 on: July 04, 2009, 05:48:16 AM »

^  What!  No Ringo?!   :P  Octie's going to get you!
I'm going to get myself if I get a bad mark for it  :P
But Ringo would have been too obvious.... hehe. He was on my mind though when I wrote it.  ;)

Kaleidoscope_Eyes

• A Thousand Pages
  • Alles Goed!
    • BananaSpeel
« Reply #659 on: July 05, 2009, 01:50:12 AM »

I saw a In His Own Write , the same version as the one in AHDN (I have a different version), and I nearly bought it but then I thought, nah that will be too much of a Beatles fan!

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 98

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 80 queries.