Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 667

Author Topic: Currently listening to...  (Read 597233 times)

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
  • Love is old Love is new Love is all Love is you <3
Re: Currently listening to...
« Reply #10000 on: December 01, 2011, 11:45:11 PM »

Bob Dylan made a bold fashion statement there for sure!

You'll need the fur-collared coat and scarf to complete the ensemble.    ;)

It's a cool outfit, it can't be that hard to find, haha.

Back to the music:

Get Out of My Life, Woman Iron Butterfly

Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
« Reply #10001 on: December 01, 2011, 11:46:52 PM »

I LOVE DYLAN Hello Goodbye! You have great tastes in music. I feel like hearing some Christmas music all of a sudden, here's one from the late great King Of Rock n' Roll, ELVIS PRESLEY!

Blue Christmas - Elvis Presley

That's a good song to get in the holiday spirits  ;D I can't believe it's almost Christmas! Time really flies, doesn't it?
Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
  • The Rock n' Roll Warrior
« Reply #10002 on: December 01, 2011, 11:48:40 PM »

It's a cool outfit, it can't be that hard to find, haha.

Back to the music:

Get Out of My Life, Woman Iron Butterfly

Damn Applescruffy96, for being 15 years old, you sure do know your Rock n' Roll music! I LOVE IRON BUTTERFLY TOO!

Iron Butterfly Theme Iron Butterfly

KelMar

« Reply #10003 on: December 01, 2011, 11:50:15 PM »

Time really flies, doesn't it?

When you're having fun.  ;)

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10004 on: December 01, 2011, 11:54:07 PM »

When you're having fun.  ;)

EVERYDAY!!!!!  ha2ha

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
« Reply #10005 on: December 01, 2011, 11:56:33 PM »

Damn Applescruffy96, for being 15 years old, you sure do know your Rock n' Roll music! I LOVE IRON BUTTERFLY TOO!

Iron Butterfly Theme Iron Butterfly

Thank you! Heavy is a fantastic album, I especially love So-Lo:

So-Lo - Iron Butterfly

Ahh, the melodies... :)

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10006 on: December 01, 2011, 11:58:41 PM »

Thank you! Heavy is a fantastic album, I especially love So-Lo:

So-Lo - Iron Butterfly

Ahh, the melodies... :)

You're welcome! How did you get into 60's music Applescruffy96?

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
« Reply #10007 on: December 02, 2011, 12:01:52 AM »

You're welcome! How did you get into 60's music Applescruffy96?

It must have started with The Supremes and other Motown groups, I was obsessed with Diana Ross as a kid! Other than that, I really don't remember  ha2ha it's weird, it feels like it's always been in my life!

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10008 on: December 02, 2011, 12:04:41 AM »

It must have started with The Supremes and other Motown groups, I was obsessed with Diana Ross as a kid! Other than that, I really don't remember  ha2ha it's weird, it feels like it's always been in my life!

I take it that your parents were 60's music fanatics, is this true?

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
« Reply #10009 on: December 02, 2011, 12:10:16 AM »

I take it that your parents were 60's music fanatics, is this true?

Well, Elvis and David Bowie were always being played around the house, and my mom loves Janis Joplin but that's about it, I mostly just looked all of it up for myself and my mom introduced me to Joplin :)

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10010 on: December 02, 2011, 12:13:50 AM »

Well, Elvis and David Bowie were always being played around the house, and my mom loves Janis Joplin but that's about it, I mostly just looked all of it up for myself and my mom introduced me to Joplin :)

Your parents have great tastes in music, I love ELVIS and BOWIE but I REALLY LOVE JANIS JOPLIN!

KelMar

« Reply #10011 on: December 02, 2011, 12:14:52 AM »

You do have good taste in music. You should go forth and spread your knowledge to others your age. Maybe then some of the stuff most kids think is good today would just disappear..poof!  ;)

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
« Reply #10012 on: December 02, 2011, 12:19:16 AM »

Your parents have great tastes in music, I love ELVIS and BOWIE but I REALLY LOVE JANIS JOPLIN!

Janis was incredible! Her voice could really send chills up your spine, what I wouldn't give to go back in time and see her live...

Janis Joplin - Get It While You Can Live (Dick Cavett Show)

JANIS JOPLIN Ball and Chain at Monterey Pop Festival 1967

I love the expression on Cass Elliot's face during the Monterey Pop performance  ;D

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10013 on: December 02, 2011, 12:21:09 AM »

You do have good taste in music. You should go forth and spread your knowledge to others your age. Maybe then some of the stuff most kids think is good today would just disappear..poof!  ;)

Applescruffy96 does know her music well. I have so much respect for the young people such as Applescruffy96, these are the young people that are going to keep THE BEATLES as well as other legendary artists legacy's alive.

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
« Reply #10014 on: December 02, 2011, 12:22:06 AM »

Wouldn't that be great...it's pretty hard to get them to open their minds to sounds they're not used to, though. They always seem to focus on it being OLD instead of it being good, quality music.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10015 on: December 02, 2011, 12:23:58 AM »

Janis was incredible! Her voice could really send chills up your spine, what I wouldn't give to go back in time and see her live...

Janis Joplin - Get It While You Can Live (Dick Cavett Show)

JANIS JOPLIN Ball and Chain at Monterey Pop Festival 1967

I love the expression on Cass Elliot's face during the Monterey Pop performance  ;D

I have seen both of these videos dozens of times, I LOVE JANIS! JANIS JOPLIN really knew how to sing her songs with powerful passion and emotion. Janis gave it all to you, she held nothing back.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10016 on: December 02, 2011, 12:27:25 AM »

Wouldn't that be great...it's pretty hard to get them to open their minds to sounds they're not used to, though. They always seem to focus on it being OLD instead of it being good, quality music.

The 60's music speaks for itself, give it time, I bet that many of your friends will eventually open their minds and listen to 60's music. Doing this, they will realize that the 60's music was the greatest decade (1960's) for Rock n' Roll.

AppleScruffy96

• Getting Better
« Reply #10017 on: December 02, 2011, 12:33:17 AM »

I have seen both of these videos dozens of times, I LOVE JANIS! JANIS JOPLIN really knew how to sing her songs with powerful passion and emotion. Janis gave it all to you, she held nothing back.

Absolutely, I don't think there's a single performance where you see her holding back. It's definitely something to admire in a singer, it had to be exhausting!

The 60's music speaks for itself, give it time, I bet that many of your friends will eventually open their minds and listen to 60's music. Doing this, they will realize that the 60's music was the greatest decade (1960's) for Rock n' Roll.

Yeah, not everything can happen in a heartbeat, after all. They're learning about a lot of 60's and 70's music at school now, hopefully that will make some of them see how good the music actually is :)

KelMar

« Reply #10018 on: December 02, 2011, 12:35:25 AM »

Indeed. I did see some of her outfits at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They still gave off an energy, just like the Beatles stuff I saw. I just wish she was still here to wear them. I remember when she died. I wasn't very old but like you I got into this kind of music young...kind of by osmosis from my older siblings. I would have liked to have seen where her talent would have led her over a normal lifetime.

BeatlesForever

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #10019 on: December 02, 2011, 12:38:11 AM »

Absolutely, I don't think there's a single performance where you see her holding back. It's definitely something to admire in a singer, it had to be exhausting!

Yeah, not everything can happen in a heartbeat, after all. They're learning about a lot of 60's and 70's music at school now, hopefully that will make some of them see how good the music actually is :)

I have NEVER seen or heard JANIS holding back, I don't think she knew how. JANIS is so rare, you don't see her kind anymore.

Does your school teach 60's and 70's music in school? I bet that ABBA is like Rock Royalty in Sweden, their musical accomplishments and achievements worldwide can never be denied.   
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 667

Page created in 0.725 seconds with 73 queries.